Christmas and New Year 2013 capacity phased closings and wait times

mimitchi33

1488274_10153636069180532_1575825066_n.jpg

I would rather stand in front of a fan, listening to the Soarin soundtrack on my ipod while someone sprays orange and pine cleaner in my face than wait in that line.

xkpylw.jpg

Made it to Tomorrowland now. Space was 105 last I looked. Strangely it feels less busier here.
Maybe because it's lunchtime now?

Speaking of which, are the bathroom lines crazy now? Just wondering.

PhotoDave219

I don't know if one should feel sorry for these people, I have to assume the majority know what they are up against.

Jimmy Thick- Waits are ridiculous.

So two years ago, my friends and I did open to close at Magic Kingdom. The majority of our day was spent in the rocking chairs at Tom Sawyer's Island before finding other places to relax and just watch the people.

We played card games and did other off the beaten path things.

We knew what we were in for. Have no idea how we made it all the way to fireworks.

All that being said? No effing way you will ever get me to do that again.

PhotoDave219

The Park is now Phase 3.5 - new phase.

The park will no longer admit 1 Day Magic Kingdom tickets and can be exchanged for other parks now.

I heard that from a guest relations friend. Thank you for explaining. I've never heard of that before…

So no one day one park tickets… no park hopping in no day guests. Only passholders, DVC and resort guests allowed in.

Bryansworld

Wow! is tha Space Mountain line for FASTPASS!? or Stand-By? If it is Fastpass... makes you wonder how long between movement the standby line is.

Soarin' Over Pgh

...greetings from Pittsburgh, it's 24 degrees (our high for the day) and I'm positively freezing. How about some pics of beautiful Florida ? :)

Those crowds make my stomach hurt. As much as I love you Disney, there's no way I'd want to be in that.

Hobnail Boot

Wow! is tha Space Mountain line for FASTPASS!? or Stand-By? If it is Fastpass... makes you wonder how long between movement the standby line is.
Stand-By is the long one out into the plaza. The Fastpass line (which I'm currently in) goes out to the TTA track, hooks right and ends near the bathrooms.

Edit: by the looks of things, the stand-by turns near Rockettower and goes all the way to the Astro Orbiter line.

wannabeBelle

And that's why we never go near MK on NYE. :) It's always Epcot for us mid afternoon and stay for early (6:40pm) Illuminations, then to DHS until midnight or later. We are always able (via Disney bus) to get back to Animal Kingdom Lodge within 20-30min of making the decision to leave D.H.S. Yay! And, after that evening of revelry, a nice quiet, peaceful New Year's Day at D.A.K. is the way to go.

Thanks for posting. Wow!
I wish I was joining you at the Studios tonight, I love Mulch, Sweat & Shears!!!! Have a wonderful time and a great New Year's!!! Marie

MissM

...greetings from Pittsburgh, it's 24 degrees (our high for the day) and I'm positively freezing. How about some pics of beautiful Florida ? :)
Not sure this is what you had in mind, but here's a cell phone pic I just took looking out of my 3rd floor apartment breezeway here in Tampa:
20131231_132314.jpg

:p LOL It's 66 and overcast/partly sunny today. Not overly "beautiful" of a day but it's nice that it's not so darn hot!

Cmdr_Crimson

Not sure this is what you had in mind, but here's a cell phone pic I just took looking out of my 3rd floor apartment breezeway here in Tampa:
20131231_132314.jpg

:p LOL It's 66 and overcast/partly sunny today. Not overly "beautiful" of a day but it's nice that it's not so darn hot!

I'd take this any day rather than this snow storm that's going to hit the Midwest in a matter of Hours...

PhilharMagician

I would love to know where they put all the people in line for the 4 hour wait for Soarin. Does the line back up through the pavillion the outside???
A high of only 69 you say??? Oh yes everyone, don't go outside very long, stay inside where its warm! :D

Yeah, I feel sorry for them. It is going to be a high of 9 degrees F and lows in the minus double digits for the next few days here. When I am in WDW I like the shorts and tee shirt days and with a high of 69 it is not quite there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom