Characters in Flight opens Spring 2009 (with pics!)

Webhead

100_5024.jpg

100_5026.jpg

100_5033.jpg

100_5036.jpg

jt04

Very very cool. The colors are better than the renderings. Perfect addition to DTD. Can't wait to go up 400 feet!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I wasn't too sure about the idea to begin with, but I think it looks great.

16.00...not too bad considering the price points of other items in the area.

I'll have to try it myself.

raven

Walked by it earlier tonight and it looks very impressive. Lot's of people stopping to look at it and take pictures.

dxwwf3

The pricing really isn't that bad. I don't think anyone was expecting a bargain for this, but I don't think it is atrocious. I highly, highly doubt that I will ever even consider doing this, but it will probably appeal to a few different types of tourists that visit DTD. If they gave you a free ride with an annual pass or something, I would do it, but even at the somewhat reasonable price point, I'd rather spend my money on something else.

I'm not too wild about the colors and design, but it isn't terrible, IMO. And with my expectations for new things at WDW, saying something new is "not terrible" is a praise.

SirNim

That's an insipid paint job — one of the blandest things I've ever seen...anywhere. On any planet. I thought that this balloon would at least add another splash of color to the Downtown Disney skyline, but the design is lacking in almost every aspect. The yellow-red-black deal may be inspired by Mickey Mouse's primary coloration, but I cannot believe that the entire balloon is only yellow, red, and black in that post-modern design which is on the docket to be outdated within a few years. I thought perhaps the design would be rendered in an Art Nouveau style, or some other style which would ensure liberal use of color and form. But what we actually got was entirely unexpected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom