Bring back the DREAMFINDER!!

FigmentJedi

"Allright, Figment is mad as hell and he isn't gonna take it anymore!" I'm joining you Grizz, it's time to free our friends from Eisner's dark tower of chaos. These friends include Dreamfinder, the Sage of Time, the Dreamseekers(they could do something at the Imagination pavllon, as I see them helping Dreamfinder in the Dreamport.),the Tapestry Puppets,Mr. Toad, Captain Nemo, and the family from Horizons. FREE THE DISNEY CHARACTERS!

Dr.Seeker

I'm gutted! I only had a chance to go on the first Imagination ride but from what I can recall (giant books, smell of cookies, marshmallows e.t.c and the giant carousel type thing at the end) It was a great shame that it has gone.

I believe the reasons it was refurbished was:

1.As good as it was, it was become outdated and Eisner considered money spent on rehab as a waste.
2. If it was refurbished (at great cost) people wouldn't have visited it any more than before. Its the same ride, but better.

The main reason we like it so much is because it's gone.

I think it was Sheryl Crow who once said, "You don't know what you've got til it's gone"

They paved imagination and put up an institute. (Um ba ba ba)

Im am all for the resurrection of the bearded wonder! Sign me up!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think it was Sheryl Crow who once said, "You don't know what you've got til it's gone"
[/B][/QUOTE]

I thought it was Cinderella. The band, not the charecter. Ah... the 80`s...

Kwit35

Originally posted by Dr.Seeker
.I think it was Sheryl Crow who once said, "You don't know what you've got til it's gone"

They paved imagination and put up an institute. (Um ba ba ba)

Umm, no. That was Joni Mitchell. :)

Yen_Sid1

Also Kodak was part of the problem, they didn't want to spend much money on a rehab, so Disney did a cheap for them.

Maybe that is why so many sponsors are pulling out, maybe Disney want to pay too much for a rehab or improvments.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Showing my age

Originally posted by marni1971

I thought it was Cinderella. The band, not the charecter. Ah... the 80`s... [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks kwit35, I was starting to feel like I was the only "old one" around...yes folks, it's a Joni Mitchell song (also see Woodstock)

But back to the other Figment. I believe with the right motivation, this Grizz uprising can really get legs. Look at all the people out there who were never exposed to the original but are real fans of Figment. Figment pins are some of the most sought after. When these folks have the chance to discover Figment's "roots" in Dreamfinder, they'll be as hooked as we are. Without Dreamfinder, Figment is just cute!

Grizz, firm up the axels on this bandwagon!

General Grizz

Original Poster
At this time I'm requesting if anyone has any Disney-related websites that could host a Dreamfinder page. . . I am looking into web options - or an individual website.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. I'm still trying to get a response from the other "Figments."

Thanks for all your support! Let's keep this thing growing!

SirGoofy

A little off topic, but did the Imagination Pavillion have a vintage symbol like Horizons?

P.S. If so, could someone make me an avatar with Figment and Dreamfinder with the symbol as a backdrop?

aimster

I read on the Figment's Imagination website that they changed JII because Koadak & Disney had an agreement that after 15 years the ride would be changed. No idea how true that is but that seems kinda logical to me. Yet they made a BIG mistake in changing it.

General Grizz

Original Poster
The JII logo looked a little like this:
jiicubelogo.gif

I'll make you an avatar. . . I'll need a few days.

Lilogirl

Count me in too!!!
Journey Into Imagination is one of my only memories of my first trip to Disney World in 1984 as a 6 year old. I didn't want to see Mickey, I wanted to see Figment! It has always held a special place in my heart, and I was so sad to see it change!

I was never really a huge fan of Dreamfinder, but really, Figment seems sort of pointless without him. He was a "figment" of his imagination.

As much as I miss the original ride, I miss Image Works more. Ironically, I had a dream last night about Image Works, that I got to go up there and look around and it was so depressing to see everything still there gathering dust. I loved the rainbow tunnel.

My fear is that they will shut down the whole pavillion totally because no one is ever there. We walked right on this past June. I'd rather have the ride as it is now than not at all.

Real_Epcot_Fan

Lets Roll Sir!

Reporting to Duty here from Venezuela Sir!!! I am a Totally Fan of E.P.C.O.T. Center not the Actual Epcot. Not even the name of the Theme Park currently has any meaning, its not any mor the Experimental Prototype Comunity of Tomorrow.

Lets take a bigger step letsbattle for our rights of have the old Journey Ride Including the Turntable, the old Pyramids with its original form, the purple color to the pavillion, and to E.P.C.O.T. Center like it was once!! Even lets make that Dreamfinder and Figment hold their hand at the end of the ride as it was planned the for the original version.Personally i never experienced Image Works but i have heard so many wonderful things about it, i never had the curiosity to go upstaris when it was on. Lets Restore E.P.C.O.T. Center to its Grace and Glory!!!

LONG LIVE TO WORLD OF MOTION!!!
LONG LOVE TO HORIZONS!!!
LONG LIVE TO COMMUNICORE!!
LONG LIVE TO THE ORIGINAL LAND PAVILLION!!
LONG LIVE TO THE ORIGINAL UNIVERSE OF ENERGY PAVILLION!!
LONG LIVE TO THE ORIGINAL LIVING SEAS PAVILLION (Get Nemo to the Magic Kingdom and bring back the Sea Cabs)!!
LONG LIVE TO THE WONDERS OF LIFE PAVILLION!!! (Lets Keep it open).

And doesnt have nothing to do with EPCOT Center or this thread but RELEASE THE SONG OF THE SOUTH FINALLY TO DVD!!

GO OUT EISNER!!! LONG LIVE TO MR. ROY AND THE DISNEY SAVIORS!!

:fork:

SirNim

Re: Lets Roll Sir!

Originally posted by Real_Epcot_Fan
Reporting to Duty here from Venezuela Sir!!!
We've got a keeper here! :lol:

Clearance granted! Standby for further orders!

*salutes*

:)

Sir Nim, I just wanted to tell you that I LOVED that wallpaper. I saved it as soon as I saw it and used it on my desktop for a long time. Even my mother commented on how beautiful it was when she came to visit. Thanks for the beautiful job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom