Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

KaneMarko

I haven’t read through the entire thread. Assuming the rumor about expanding DHS is true…cool. However, I personally think Animal Kingdom requires it more than DHS does. I know Animal Kingdom is by far the largest park and DHS is like the smallest. But DHS has 2 major rides in ToT and RnR. Animal Kingdom only has one e-ticket ride. One e-ticket ride that they really need to fix. Just my opinion but if I were a Disney exec, I’d be more focused on adding another major attraction in Animal Kingdom before I considered adding to DHS. Don’t get me wrong. DHS could use an upgrade too. Just I feel Animal Kingdom needs it much more.

DisneyParksFan1

I haven’t read through the entire thread. Assuming the rumor about expanding DHS is true…cool. However, I personally think Animal Kingdom requires it more than DHS does. I know Animal Kingdom is by far the largest park and DHS is like the smallest. But DHS has 2 major rides in ToT and RnR. Animal Kingdom only has one e-ticket ride. One e-ticket ride that they really need to fix. Just my opinion but if I were a Disney exec, I’d be more focused on adding another major attraction in Animal Kingdom before I considered adding to DHS. Don’t get me wrong. DHS could use an upgrade too. Just I feel Animal Kingdom needs it much more.

Yes, IMO DAK simply needs more attractions. Everything else is fine IMO. Now when it comes to DHS, I think it needs better theming, to me, everything just seems to be all over the place at DHS. I just think they need to completely rethink DHS like with DCA. I mean it no longer has the Studios part, so if they aren't going to use that, why not rethink the whole concept. I think DHS needs to be given the DCA treatment.

Lucky

Bumped into a vacationing Imagineer yesterday at the Studios. Grilled him pretty good about future plans at the Studios. After twenty minutes of questioning, he did smile at me and said that there is plenty of room behind Lights, Motors, Action for a major attraction by the end of 2012.

Not only that, but there's plenty of space inside the LMA stadium for a decent attraction, if they ever want to put one there.

scottnj1966

Bumped into a vacationing Imagineer yesterday at the Studios. Grilled him pretty good about future plans at the Studios. After twenty minutes of questioning, he did smile at me and said that there is plenty of room behind Lights, Motors, Action for a major attraction by the end of 2012. He stated that Sunset Blvd would be the only place to draw large crowds of adults in the near future. Take it for what it's worth. More to follow when I get back.

There's plenty of room in lots of places.
How did you know he was an imagineer anyway?

Lee

Adventurer
I think the 20k would fit better at DAK on the rivers around Discovery Island. The dock could be on the lagoon near Everest, where the VP of DAK is supposedly pushing for there to be a version of World of Color.

Neither will ever happen due to Discovery river being unsuitable.

Buried20KLeague

If Mysterious Island hybrid ever did happen at AK would 20K be a part of it? They'd have to build a new lagoon to go with it, I suspect.

There's no lagoon. It's basically a dark ride. In TDS's case, the ride is down in the base of the caldera of the mountain (the opposite side of the caldera from what you see in my avatar, though you can see what I mean). It works because there's water in the caldera, and the unbelievable theming sets you up for a sub ride.

But once you are on the ride, think Peter Pan's ride system, with "dry for wet" technology.

NoChesterHester

Major Attractions--

*MGM has ToT, RnRC, Toy Story Mania, Muppets 3D, Indy, BntB, Lights, and soon Star Tours v2. Lets not forget Mermaid and Fantasmic.

*Animal Kingdom has Tough to be a Bug, Nemo, Lion King, Everest, Kilimonjaro Safari, and Dinosaur. I will leave Chester and Hesters out for obvious reasons.

While AK is immaculately themed many people still view it as a half day park. There is definitely enough at the Studios for a full day of touring. If AK got a major expansion then it would become a major draw from an attendance standpoint. No way it survives financially if it wasn't located in WDW.

I say let Star Tours come into being and focus in on AK to fill out the offerings.

_Scar

After thinking about it, I'd love to see our Fantasmic with a few WoC scenes and WoC technology. I just don't like the random-ness of WoC.

BrerFrog

After thinking about it, I'd love to see our Fantasmic with a few WoC scenes and WoC technology. I just don't like the random-ness of WoC.

I will admit that WoC is a little bit too random, but I feel the same way about Fantasmic even if it has a storyline. So I decided to choose the more technologically impressive random-ness.

As for having enough room, I think it has been discussed and the conclusion was no conclusion at all. Unless I missed something. I remember maps, lots of maps.

_Scar

I will admit that WoC is a little bit too random, but I feel the same way about Fantasmic even if it has a storyline. So I decided to choose the more technologically impressive random-ness.

As for having enough room, I think it has been discussed and the conclusion was no conclusion at all. Unless I missed something. I remember maps, lots of maps.

True, they both are somewhat random but F! stays on target most of the time. With a theme of imagination, it's hard to get too off-topic. World of Color is just a 'best of' reel of Disney films. Had they not of cut up the original plot so much, it probably would be the best Disney show ever... maybe.

And I think the conclusion is: it could happen with a lot of rearranging of the area.

BrerFrog

Heck no!!!

WoC is *flexible* -- it's not tied to the current show in any permanent way. And it's pretty much the most amazing set ever.

Yes, yes, yes they should build it in Orlando.

I also love that aspect of WoC, it is quite easy to update and there are no limitations to those.

RSoxNo1

I would guess that the current DHS Fantsmic viewing area can accomodate more people than the Paradise Pier viewing area, however the consensus seems to be that the World of Color show couldn't fit into that lagoon. There is another lagoon next to DHS that could work, but it would probably result in re-routing the boats.

Having said all that, it seems that it's more likely to appear in the Animal Kingdom if anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom