Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

DisneyParksFan1

I would honestly hate to see Fantasmic go. It's a great show that simply needs a MAJOR overhaul.

World of Color should go to DAK. Jim Hill mentioned that the VP of Animal Kingdom is pushing to get DAK a version of WoC at the Discovery Lagoon.

_Scar

Having recently seen the DR at DAK FULL of marine life, I strongly disapprove of WoC coming to the park.

It would completely ruin that area and the area needed to provide viewing areas.

DisneyParksFan1

I think they should create a whole new lagoon altogether in a park that needs the most help. Which is DAK.

Now the theme behind this DAK version of WoC, will have to be well thought of. I don't want a clone of WoC, I want a whole new lagoon show that uses the same technology as WoC. I think they should probably theme around marine life...

Hmm, speaking of that, they should probably have a whole land themed around marine animals, this could further help this concept.

If not, then I say they have the show themed around something else. Maybe they can revive the Rivers of Light concept through this show, or have this be kind of a mysterious show in which you travel through the mysterious, yet whimsical world of mythical creatures in salute to Beastly Kingdomme.

Thrill

I would honestly hate to see Fantasmic go. It's a great show that simply needs a MAJOR overhaul.

World of Color should go to DAK. Jim Hill mentioned that the VP of Animal Kingdom is pushing to get DAK a version of WoC at the Discovery Lagoon.

DAK is the best fit for WoC. Seeing as it can't host a fireworks show, and a nighttime spectacular could help boost attendance, I would imagine that if TDO intends on getting something like WoC for WDW, it's going to DAK. It would be perfect to put in a central lagoon at Beastly Kingdom. ;)

_Scar

I think they should create a whole new lagoon altogether in a park that needs the most help. Which is DAK.

Now the theme behind this DAK version of WoC, will have to be well thought of. I don't want a clone of WoC, I want a whole new lagoon show that uses the same technology as WoC. I think they should probably theme around marine life...

Hmm, speaking of that, they should probably have a whole land themed around marine animals, this could further help this concept.

If not, then I say they have the show themed around something else. Maybe they can revive the Rivers of Light concept through this show, or have this be kind of a mysterious show in which you travel through the mysterious, yet whimsical world of mythical creatures in salute to Beastly Kingdomme.

I was just about to post that :lol::drevil: great minds.

Maybe Great Barrier Reef?

DisneyParksFan1

I was just about to post that :lol::drevil: great minds.

Maybe Great Barrier Reef?

:lol:

Great Barrier Reef could work. I think it would be interesting.

I think it'd be cool to have a WoC-styled show themed around the 4 seasons of the world. Could be called World of Seasons?:shrug:

It could start with an intro, then we go on to Spring and Disney characters associated with Spring could be featured in the scenes, then we go on to Summer and then we have the same, same with Fall and Winter. Then the grand finale compiling all the seasons and ending it with a bang. Of course each season would have unique effects that will make great use of lighting, projections, props, the surrounding environment and of course, the water!

DAK is the best fit for WoC. Seeing as it can't host a fireworks show, and a nighttime spectacular could help boost attendance, I would imagine that if TDO intends on getting something like WoC for WDW, it's going to DAK. It would be perfect to put in a central lagoon at Beastly Kingdom.

Yes, definitely, it must be in DAK. It needs it, and as you said since it can't have fireworks, then I'm sure they could have a water-strict show.

BrerFrog

That is certainly an interesting idea, but even if there aren't fireworks I think the extreme noise coming from such a show could get Disney into trouble with animal protection groups. :shrug:

JungleTrekFan

Hmm... Yeah, but isn't there extreme noise from the parade as well...?

Not nearly as much. Fireworks are very loud and since most dont go off till there quite high, above things like trees and buildings that would lower the noise level, they can be heard from miles away. But the Jammin Jungle Parade, which only has speakers on the floats and not allong the parade route, is much quiter and has the surrounding trees and buildings to soften the noise.

I think the AK remake of WoC should either be mythological or marine wildlife themed since both are hardly touched apon currently at AK.

(Not sure how many saw this years Winter Olympic opening ceremony, but i thought the coolest part was when the projection of whales on the floor was combined with mist to make it look like the whales actually came out of the water to breath, maybe they could work something like that into the show)

DisneyParksFan1

Not nearly as much. Fireworks are very loud and since most dont go off till there quite high, above things like trees and buildings that would lower the noise level, they can be heard from miles away. But the Jammin Jungle Parade, which only has speakers on the floats and not allong the parade route, is much quiter and has the surrounding trees and buildings to soften the noise.

I think the AK remake of WoC should either be mythological or marine wildlife themed since both are hardly touched apon currently at AK.

(Not sure how many saw this years Winter Olympic opening ceremony, but i thought the coolest part was when the projection of whales on the floor was combined with mist to make it look like the whales actually came out of the water to breath, maybe they could work something like that into the show)

Yeah but this show wouldn't have fireworks. It'd be like WoC. This show would be strictly IN the lagoon and the lagoon has plenty of trees around it and it's only got speakers as well.:shrug:

JungleTrekFan

Something that also may be a hinderence to a show in the lagoon is if they let the monkeys in asia, that are right near the lagoon, stay out all night or do they have somewhere they go at night.

wickedsoccer22

That is certainly an interesting idea, but even if there aren't fireworks I think the extreme noise coming from such a show could get Disney into trouble with animal protection groups. :shrug:

I've heard Florida thunderstorms that are way worse than fireworks. Besides, wouldn't the animals get used to it eventually..? :lookaroun

FigmentJedi

Thing that makes a lagoon show at Animal Kingdom tricky is viewing space and the river having a lot more life in it then other Disney park bodies of water

DisneyParksFan1

Thing that makes a lagoon show at Animal Kingdom tricky is viewing space and the river having a lot more life in it then other Disney park bodies of water

Precisely. These are what I see as the real problems with this whole concept.:shrug:

Which is why I mentioned they should just either create a whole new lagoon altogether, like what they did with Fantasmic!

Or figure out a way to clear the lagoon of the marine-life and make it have a drainage system and have well-themed sitting options near Everest.

It'd be cool sitting in a canoe or a boat or something while you see the show.

Disneyson 1

Even a simple 9 minute special effect show recreating the "Firebird" to play out in the waters and on the Tree of Life itself would be amazing. I can just imagine a large crowd gathered all around the rivers, and to have the fountains make organic shapes and lasers trace out the shapes of the animals on the Tree of Life, making them come to life, and then have the Firebird engulf the tree's branches and to make the tree appear as if on fire, with the water reacting, then finally have the Spring Sprite make a triumphant return, with tiny laser points in the tree making the leaves shimmer and having the river burst to life...

...okay, back to the imagineering forums...

stitch2008

Precisely. These are what I see as the real problems with this whole concept.:shrug:

Which is why I mentioned they should just either create a whole new lagoon altogether, like what they did with Fantasmic!

Or figure out a way to clear the lagoon of the marine-life and make it have a drainage system and have well-themed sitting options near Everest.

I dont know. I've never really seen something like World of Color going into DAK. I've always thought the technology would be used at Epcot for Illuminations.

_Scar

That's a ton of water to clear!

There's a ton of wildlife in there, and it would be very un-conservation-like to just destroy their homes especially when the lagoon is very close to where many wild animals are. It just wouldnt work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom