Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

IWant2GoNow

What happened...

...to the OP? It's very much past their August 16th deadline for telling us about their findings. Hmm... :lookaroun:lol::rolleyes:

trr1

I thought this thread was about the Studios. :) I don't think WOC would go good at DAK, it would go better at DHS. I would prefer some rides added to both parks (DAK and DHS) than all of the money they would spend on WOC.

One thing I have wondered though is could they build a lagoon where LMA is (still using the stadium seating) and have WOC there. Not saying it would work, but it is a thought.
or just put it where fantasmic is near TOT :lookaroun

mickey2008.1

echo lake would be cool, kind of like ROE at Epcot. Probaly not enough viewng though. I would rather see an updated verson of fantasmic with some woc elements.

hrcollectibles

A kuka style roller coaster isn't Disney's style. I just don't see them even wanting to build one. Besides there are too many other concepts than to copy Uni.

And if Disney did have an attraction with a kuka style arm people would say they are ripping off universal

hrcollectibles

Please, not another Dinorama. I remember the first time I stepped into that place and I thought to myself: "What exactly is going on here? Am I still in AK?"

As you said the park is amazingly themed, unlike any other park in the property, but Dinorama is a big smudge.

I never understood the hate towards Dinoland at Animal Kingdom...Its great for what it is supposed to be, roadside attractions that existed along Route 66.

cheezbat

Just saw World of Color at California Adventure. It's a GREAT show! I could totally see them building this in a new 'ampitheatre' somewhere in Animal Kingdom, and just fit it in there somewhere in an expansion. Seriously, leave Fantasmic alone...that's a classic!

As for the fountains, yes, you can see the tops of the fountains sticking out of the water all day. It's obvious it's there. Now all the lighting and the projections, those are actually hidden a bit better.
The one thing I really disliked about WOC is how all of the attractions around Paradise Pier close like 15 minutes before the show starts, except Toy Story Midway Mania. That;s like 3 hours without those attractions being run in a day! It makes all of the lines for everything else WAY worse.

BrerFrog

echo lake would be cool, kind of like ROE at Epcot. Probaly not enough viewng though. I would rather see an updated verson of fantasmic with some woc elements.

Sadly, the lake is way too small. I think that if WoC ends up coming to WDW, we will have to say goodbye to Fantasmic.

I never understood the hate towards Dinoland at Animal Kingdom...Its great for what it is supposed to be, roadside attractions that existed along Route 66.

I don't want to turn this on an AK debate, but as I said on some other thread: a poorly themed area with a great storyline that supports its tacky style, is still an awful area.

Its color, its environment and pretty much everything about it clash heavily with AK's theming, and the rides over there are not very good. :(

CarlFredricksen

Sadly, the lake is way too small. I think that if WoC ends up coming to WDW, we will have to say goodbye to Fantasmic.

They could do a smaller version at echo lake.

Or replace illuminations (or add it as another show in addition to illuminations)

And while capacity wouldn't be huge, AK needs a night show, and Discovery River could work.

JustInTime

They could do a smaller version at echo lake.

Or replace illuminations (or add it as another show in addition to illuminations)

And while capacity wouldn't be huge, AK needs a night show, and Discovery River could work.

How about Around the World of Color? The same this as DCA but with projections from around the world. Real footage. It would be awesome (I wouldn't want Disney characters in the Lagoon).

Merman

I think Hollywood Studios really needs something new even though they recently opened Toy Story Mania and The American Idol Experiance, on the other hand they closed "who wants to be a millionare" and there are ruomors going around about closing The Voyage of the Little Mermaid:(. I would love to see a Monsters Inc. coaster and I think by the time they would open a "Cars land" people wouldnt be that interested.:shrug:

Thrill

I think Hollywood Studios really needs something new even though they recently opened Toy Story Mania and The American Idol Experiance, on the other hand they closed "who wants to be a millionare" and there are ruomors going around about closing The Voyage of the Little Mermaid:(. I would love to see a Monsters Inc. coaster and I think by the time they would open a "Cars land" people wouldnt be that interested.:shrug:

I agree that they need something new, but Carsland wouldn't be bad popularity-wise. Disney had no problem with Toy Story's lifetime as a franchise, and Cars is really the new Toy Story. I'd take Radiator Spring Racers in a heartbeat. It's possibly the most expensive Disney ride of all time (without inflation), and it should be incredibly detailed. It's just a matter of whether they can do the rockwork in DHS.

This coming from a guy who believes Cars to be the worst movie Pixar has made. Then again, with the line of quality Pixar has, that's not saying a whole lot. Cars would be one of Dreamworks' top movies.

And if they close Little Mermaid, I'd be a bit mad. I mean, they have Sounds Dangerous and (once the contract is up) American Idol. They also have a couple open areas (Sunset Boulevard and set one) and a huge attraction that now amounts to nothing, which is Backlot Tour. I'm all for a new show, but Disney needs to learn to take advantage of open space before they go taking things down.

How about Around the World of Color? The same this as DCA but with projections from around the world. Real footage. It would be awesome (I wouldn't want Disney characters in the Lagoon).

I would like some updated tech in Illuminations from World of Color. However, I think you can only have one World of Color type show per resort, or else it gets repetitive. Animal Kingdom has open space where it can be done, and a night show would help the park towards becoming a full-day park. Fireworks are a no-go due to the loud noises that would bother the animals, so World of Color is the only option. A World of Color show with animals, combined with a South America land and an expansion in Dinoland would really help this park.

JimboJones123

I think you're right on the first two (obviously with ST2). I believe the MI coaster may take a little longer than 2013, especially with so many resources focused on the FLE right now. As for Carsland, I'd love to see it happen, but I just don't know if TDO wants another DCA clone right now. I have no qualms about it though....:)

I would be one to totally vote against another clone. One of the great thing about visiting both coasts 3 of the past 4 years was the differences. Now they have been cloning Mermaid, TSMM, ToT, and Buzz as a majority of the major adds the past 6 years. Do better. Loved when they made similar but different Nemo attractions. One is longer. One has the music to tie in with the musical.

Less clones. Build the buzz about the differences.

Here is an idea, make a land about a different property. You have about 40 excellent themes that could be used for a Studios expansion.

Phineus and Ferb,
Fantasia,
Monsters Inc,
Faeries,
Tron,
Villains,
Remake a real ToonTown (imagine entering ToonTown from Avenue of the Americas),
Make a classic era ToonTown (pupil only Mickey, long beak Donald, saddlebag eyed Goofy),
Marvel,
Silly Symphonies (endless potential there),
Muppetsland (seriously, who wouldn't spend half a day there?)

and many more.

AEfx

I would be one to totally vote against another clone. One of the great thing about visiting both coasts 3 of the past 4 years was the differences. Now they have been cloning Mermaid, TSMM, ToT, and Buzz as a majority of the major adds the past 6 years. Do better. Loved when they made similar but different Nemo attractions. One is longer. One has the music to tie in with the musical.

Less clones. Build the buzz about the differences.

Here's the thing, though - you do realize that the vast majority of people do not visit multiple coasts regularly, and most not at all?

Your experience is very unique. If anything, building "buzz" about the differences would just irritate most people, because they aren't going to have the opportunity to go to both.

Clones are not a bad thing. They allow the company to justify R&D so they can get more out of it. If Mermaid were coming just to one coast or the other, chances are the ride wouldn't be as large as it's looking to be. If one or the other got it, it likely could have ended up just a typical Fantasyland dark ride.

Always got to keep in mind, as a fan, your experience is going to be quite different than most guests. And to be honest, as I have visited both coasts, I had a lot of fun spotting out the differences with so-called "clones", as none of them are exact replicas (as that would be logistically silly anyway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom