Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

DisneyParksFan1

I dont know. I've never really seen something like World of Color going into DAK. I've always thought the technology would be used at Epcot for Illuminations.

We had never seen anything like Fantasmic at DHS, yet here we are more than a decade with the show.

Agreed Scar. Idk, they should just build a whole new lagoon.

Lee

Adventurer
Thing that makes a lagoon show at Animal Kingdom tricky is viewing space and the river having a lot more life in it then other Disney park bodies of water

Exactly.
WoC will never happen on the lake at AK. It can't.

The pumping system that enables a show like WoC will not work in a natural body of water. It requires a man-made lake with treatable water, like a pool.
To put it in the lake at AK, they would have to drain the lake and Discovery River, line the whole thing with concrete, and re-fill it with fresh chemically-treatable water.

Not to mention having to build a huge viewing area, which would look horrible at AK.

Ain't gonna happen.

Evil Genius

Exactly.

The pumping system that enables a show like WoC will not work in a natural body of water. It requires a man-made lake with treatable water, like a pool.
To put it in the lake at AK, they would have to drain the lake and Discovery River, line the whole thing with concrete, and re-fill it with fresh chemically-treatable water.

Not to mention having to build a huge viewing area, which would look horrible at AK.

Ain't gonna happen.
Took the words right out of my mouth Lee!

Buried20KLeague

Exactly.

Ain't gonna happen.

Yet people keep talking about it. :rolleyes:

If something like this would happen at WDW, I've got to think that it would be in a somehow modified F! arena. I can't imagine any other solution that would make sense to TDO.

Everyone keeps coming up with all these reasons they say it wouldn't work in the F! arena, but none of them make sense. Here's what they'd probably do:

Scale the show back to fit the lagoon.

It ain't that hard, people. They change the scale of things between parks all the time. Heck, look at F! even. The scope between the two is hugely different, and from the sound of it, the version at TDS is going to be even bigger. ToT. Or Splash. Or the Sea Cabs vs. the subs in Cali. It happens all the time. It's funny to me that people think they'd have to expand this and change that... Move roads and waterways... Ha. They'd just dial the show down 15% or whatever it took to fit it in the arena. And who knows... Maybe with the larger viewing area, they'd figure out a way to compensate for the smaller scale with added effects.

RSoxNo1

I'm not sure how they would theme a World of Color style show at the Animal Kingdom... perhaps use some of the Disney Nature films? How did the Pirates of the Caribbean clips look in World of Color?

I would also expect this to not happen in the lagoon by Everest for the reasons Lee mentioned unless they separate that area as it's own body of water. I would guess the likeliest spot is the body of water to the Southeast of the park, between the park and the parking lot.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm not sure how they would theme a World of Color style show at the Animal Kingdom... perhaps use some of the Disney Nature films? How did the Pirates of the Caribbean clips look in World of Color?

I would also expect this to not happen in the lagoon by Everest for the reasons Lee mentioned unless they separate that area as it's own body of water. I would guess the likeliest spot is the body of water to the Southeast of the park, between the park and the parking lot.

Is there enough room in that locale for something along the lines of WoC?

ChrisM

Well, there's a ________ ton of maintenance/show buildings and an access road between the park proper and said body of water, so I'm not sure how feasible that location would be.

The BK/MI expansion pad adjacent to Camp Minnie Mickey is pretty large, and while there's still an access road boundary, I don't see why something couldn't be dredged there and custom built for a WoC style show.

In the end, I think it has to be assumed that if a WoC style show is going to make its way into AK, it's going to have to be built from scratch and not repurposed from something that already exists in AK.

BrerFrog

Absolutely, that body of water is huge. The problem may be that it could be a bigger eyesore than the back of Everest.

Do the fountains from WoC stand out from the water when the show is not running? Sorry, but I haven't seen any pics of the lake at DCA after the show was installed. :D

RSoxNo1

Do the fountains from WoC stand out from the water when the show is not running? Sorry, but I haven't seen any pics of the lake at DCA after the show was installed. :D

No, they are submerged during the show. They are elevated for maintenance purposes.

DisneyParksFan1

I noticed it once or twice, but when you are in the park it doesn't matter that much. Maybe they had to keep the back like that for the mountain to be able to house the whole coaster. :shrug:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I notice most of the time though, and it doesn't matter when your in the park.

Tom

Beta Return
I noticed it once or twice, but when you are in the park it doesn't matter that much. Maybe they had to keep the back like that for the mountain to be able to house the whole coaster. :shrug:

Right. Just like Splash Mountain. Big building behind the "mountain" but they were able to hide it from all guest views because of it's location in the park. They didn't quite accomplish it with EE, but at least you can't see the building from within the park - just from outside.

Studios Fan

I thought this thread was about the Studios. :) I don't think WOC would go good at DAK, it would go better at DHS. I would prefer some rides added to both parks (DAK and DHS) than all of the money they would spend on WOC.

One thing I have wondered though is could they build a lagoon where LMA is (still using the stadium seating) and have WOC there. Not saying it would work, but it is a thought.

BrerFrog

Right. Just like Splash Mountain. Big building behind the "mountain" but they were able to hide it from all guest views because of it's location in the park. They didn't quite accomplish it with EE, but at least you can't see the building from within the park - just from outside.

Exactly, had EE been built in another position nobody would ever notice it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom