Best value resort??

1WDWFAN

Original Poster
OK, I need everyone to chime in on this one..... I need your no holds barred opinion as to which of the value resorts is the best and why?. Thank you in advance for your input.

imamouse

Another vote for Pop! WDW learned from the All-Stars and made improvements at Pop, including layout (it can be a hike from some of the AS rooms to the food court and bus stop). Pop is more compact and I think the food court is better than the AS resorts. The location is pretty good - close to 3 of the 4 theme parks (MK is furthest away). I just wish they would finish Ledgendary Years across the lake.

rsoxguy

The three All Stars are almost exactly the same except for the theming. The reason that others have mentioned the dedicated buses lies in the fact that the All Star busing takes FOREVER to get anywhere because they are loaded with people for all three resorts. I agree that the Pop Century Resort would be a better choice.

krankenstein

I've stayed at all the value resorts with the exception of AS Sports (might change that in March). Pop Century is by far the best. Pop has a better layout, all of the buildings are within walking distance of Classic Hall. Everything Pop is a lot better than the store and food court set-up at the ASR. Pop also has a lot better arcade. The overall resort is newer which also has an impact. That said, the overwhelming reason why it is better is the dedicated bus service. From time to time the ASR will have dedicated busses to each invidual resort (Movies, Music, Sports) but you will also have to share busses. At Pop you will never have to share busses with another resort.

burninup4nick

The best value resort (in my oppinion), is Pop Century. My reason being since it is newer its cleaner, also the theme of it is really fun and exciting. Plus, if you buy the souvenier mug they have free slurpees. And while this is not a primary reason to choose pop century for me its an added bonus (I LOVE SLURPEES!)

MKMICKEYFAN#1

I agree with the consensus and believe POP is by far the best, you dont need to worry about the loaded buses like All Star and its a mere minutes from DHS and Epcot, location, location, location... my only bad opinion about POP was that the pizza wasn't the greatest (the delivered pizza they have on premises) :hurl:

bhg469

pop it has a feel of a moderate, busses are dedicated and seem to be more frequent than all stars. The food court is really good and has alot of choices.

Tater48

Pop Century. The theming is great and it is the only value resort we have ever stayed at. Therefore, I really don't have an opinion on the others, but we will stay there again.

ThinkTink721

We like Pop Century - we have stayed there twice.
We have never stayed at any of the other value resorts, but we know some people who have & they have all said good things about them.

The good things about Pop compared to the other value resorts are:
1) There is no shared bus service
2) It is the newest of the value resorts

We enjoyed both of our experiences at Pop.

:wave:

kcnole

As everyone else has stated, Pop Century by far. The All Stars resorts just feel very run down, the food courts are pitiful, and the busing system is not as good. Pop Century just seems so much more vibrant. I've never had a bad vacation staying at Pop. I've stayed at an All Stars twice and I'll never do it again.

Dwarful

We used to absolutely love the feel of Movies. But our last two week trip July/Aug. changed all that. We were treated poorly, bus service was the worst we have ever experienced (although we only shared buses twice during two weeks).

I personally don't like the layout of the food court at Pop..it just feels like we have to eat in a gift shop, but the food is good.

Figments Friend

Okay, i'm going to be the black sheep and say "All Star Music"!

Why? Well personal taste i guess...i just love it. It has everything i need ( a bed and a shower!). No..seriously, besides that i like the themeing better then the 'louder' thememing the other 4 have ( not a huge fan of giant statues...lol...).

Most here have mentioned dedicated bus service. See, for me...that is one of the down sides to staying at Pop. With the All Stars, no matter what resort you are at, ultimately you have THREE bus options. Pop you don't...you have to wait in line until the dedicated 'Pop Only' bus arrives.

Far too many times i have had my butt saved from being left standing in gigantic lines for Music by simply hopping on the Sports of Movies bus instead. Sure it means i will have to walk 10 mins or so across the other resorts' parking lot to get to Music...but that sure beats still being stuck in line after Park Dump! Of course, this is me alone...i am not with a family or kids in tow, so again, this would probably not work for some visitors. For me though, it's a lifesaving technique when things get backed up at the bus depot after the Park closes and the lines are completely insane.

So part of Musics' appeal is that: More bus options if need be.

Also, Pop is out in the middle of nowhere. There is nothing around it, and it seemed to take longer to get TO and FROM the Parks. I will always remember my first bus ride back to Pop from a Park...it was like 'Dang, are we still even On Property? Again, this was just my impression. At the All Stars, you feel like you are in the thick of WDW Property as you can readily see things close by. With Pop it seemed too far off the trail...but again, that probably appeals to some folks which is cool.

For my needs, Music is awesome. It also tends to have the lowest amount of children when compared to the other three Value Resorts ( they must all like the big statues...lol!).

Again, just observations. I can't get on the Pop bandwagon.....

DisneyGigi

^^I like Music the best too, but then again we don't use the bus at all, so that is not a factor for us. We also do not use the food courts that much and never use the pools so it is a matter of the rooms and the quietness. (We always request a room away from the pool) Sports was really loud. We would not stay there again. Too many unsupervised kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom