Best Footwear for WDW

Cynderella

Jeez! When I went to the site to get the picture, I found they no longer have 2/3 of the colors in stock that they had yesterday!!

I just went there now and every single one I wanted, color & size, are gone! They have none in stock! Look what this thread has done! :lookaroun :lol:

SallyShine

I went on a shoe mission today. I just couldn't buy the Croc's. I felt ridiculous even in the store (I have big feet to begin with). Plus, they just didn't seem to fit well. I ended up with a pair of Keen's. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are. I'll break them in this summer at my local amusement park so they're ready for my September trip.

3fordisney

Please for the love of GOD.....do not give into the crap (ummm croc) phase...Guys jellys went out of style in the 80s, why do you feel they need to come back in another form.

Matty Fresh...

You read my mind!!! I think of Crocs the same as I do the jellys from the 80's. I think the crocs are fine for little kids, but not adults. Personally, I wouldn't wear them. I have seen the Croc flip flops and like it because it looks like a comfy pair of flip flops. The other crocs are not for me. My son has the Mickey ones and love it. Its just a personal choice for me.

I highly recommend a great pair of broken-in tennis shoes. Nothing beats having a good pair of walking shoes. I would wear flip flops around the hotel. Its what I only wear during the summer. In the parks, tennis shoes are the way to go....atleast for me.

Giavonna98

LOL. That's what I said originally about Crocs, and I now I absolutely love them. They are super comfortable and I wear them almost everywhere now. If you buy them in a neutral color like brown or black, they aren't too bad. You might want to give them a second chance. I used to only wear flip flops in the parks because I hate shoes, but Crocs are a great alternative.
I always thought crocs where okay. But whe I got a pair, they where perfect! they they are waterproof and they are resistant to smell.I do have to use my snekers once and a while, but just for a walk, they are great!:D

JikoMarie

See, I wanted to get the Athens, but my girlfriend said I was odd because I wanted feminine sandals (she said it's a feminine 'cut'). I don't care too much since I like them, but I'd like some 'proof' so I can say to her, "see, you're the one who is odd, not me!"

:confused: I don't get what's feminine about them? They just look like flip flops to me.

Scar Junior

Generally, shoes should depend on the clothes you wear... but if you're looking for something all around comfortable and works well with water rides: crocs. Best $30 I've ever spent. (How original huh?)

WDWFigment

Original Poster
If buying the crocs athens flip flops, you may want to try them on in a B&M store to see how they fit you before buying online. I wear a 10.5 or 11 in most shoes, and I wear an 8 in these sandals.

pluto77

Croc wearers -
Do those bumps on the bottom that touch your feet not bother anyone? I don't think they're comfortable for that reason. They're ok to do some yard work in, but I couldn't imagine wearing them all day long! Especially without sock! ouch!
Yes! I tried a pair on once and I knew that the bump would bother me if I wore them around all the time. So for me, there ugly AND uncomfortable. I'll have to give them another try sometime though after all these good reviews!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
See, I wanted to get the Athens, but my girlfriend said I was odd because I wanted feminine sandals (she said it's a feminine 'cut'). I don't care too much since I like them, but I'd like some 'proof' so I can say to her, "see, you're the one who is odd, not me!" Here's a picture for the lazy:

crocs177262_107437_jb.jpg

Jeez! When I went to the site to get the picture, I found they no longer have 2/3 of the colors in stock that they had yesterday!!

Although my University bookstore has had them in stock for the entire month and I tried them on there (I would recommend trying the sandal on in a B&M store before buying since the sizing is a bit 'off'), I waited to buy them online since I'm quite a deal-scoundrel.

So, they finally came back in stock at Shoebuy.com early last week (where I ended up only paying $22 for them after discounts) and now I finally have my pair. After wearing them around for the last couple of days, I must say the hype is true--these are one comfortable sandal! The Athens flip flops also look normal, so for those who want the comfort of Crocs, but would rather not look like a fool, these are for you!

SANDKRUSER

Crocs - Yes - for men!

I bought my husband and son the "Off Road" crocs - definitely masculine and definitely not for women - more tread and traction. I think they would look ridiculous on a woman. My husband wears a 13, but these don't make his foot look as long as usual. The guys claim they're the most comfy things they've worn. I have problems with my feet - plantar fascitis - but I found that the "Cloud" version of the Crocs are much more comfortable - they have a softer bed and are cushier than the regulars. I have the Nile sandals - wore them to the water parks all day and a pair of pearl Mickeys with a pink strap - not as comfortable as my Cloud's but still comfy. I alternate days with wearing my Asics tennies and my Clouds - makes my feet happy!!!!:lol:

The bumps actually massage your foot. My podiatrist also told me not to wear my Crocs every day with my feet - I would think someone without foot problems wouldn't have an issue with them.

AEfx

I guess I'm just not as vain as I thought, because I honestly couldn't give one pooh what someone thought of my footwear. I guess it's because I'm not a woman - i.e. I don't understand why someone would wear shoes (heels, for instance), that intentionally make them hurt, LOL.

I proudly wear my black Crocs everywhere. I have hated shoes my whole life (but don't have the fortitutde in my feet to be one of those guys who is barefoot in the woods), and Crocs were a God-send. I have been wearing them for over a year and haven't looked back. I even wear them in the winter with pants and socks - unless I'm shoveling snow or jumping up and down in a snowbank, they worked beautifully.

Not to get graphic, but I used to have horrible foot problems at WDW. Blisters, were always sore...on my trips since I discovered Crocs I haven't had to think about my feet once and it is amazing. It literally feels like walking on clouds to me. I actually got a new pair the other day, tried them on, and promptly forgot about them as I went about doing stuff in my house (and I never ever wear shoes in the house). They feel THAT good to me.

So I just smile away when people say things about them, 'cause I know the secret to happy feet, and I'm proud of myself because even deep down I couldn't care less what people think they look like. If people think I have funny shoes I guess there are worse things to be known for - like being that guy with blisters, or the one always complaining about how sore my feet are from walking but not doing anything about it. :)

I'd buy stock in them if they were publicly traded...are they? LOL. I should find out. Crocs are like cell phones and TiVo, man - products that will change your life.

AEfx

PigletIsMyCat

This thread has totally convinced me to give these nasty shoes a try.

Of course, I didn't realize they came in other styles and were 'real' shoes. I thought they were just crappy water shoes or something that idiots and tourists paid money for at Disney.

After hearing these glowing reviews, I'm sold!! I have a major problem with my right foot, which occassionally requires me to use a wheelchair at the parks. My middle toe was broken (okay, shattered) in a car wreck and I now have moderate degenerative arthritis in my foot, as well as numb spots and constant foot pain. I usually wear my trusty Nikes (could not tell you what style, but I've been wearing the same style since my injury) and deal with the swelling and foot sweat.

I think I have to find a B&M store to shop for these at....

brucie

Nike Shox are the way to go for theme parks and everyday walking, you will never want another running shoe again!!!

Disney_Freak429

Good to see everyone is jumping on the crocs wagon. I wear either my Mickey Crocs to the parks or a pair of New Balance walking or running shoes both work perfect but I like the Crocs better myself. As for Nike Shox I hear they are a good shoe after all thats all Dr. House wears ;-) but I know some people who can't stand Nike shoes so try before you buy. This comeing from a guy who works at a shoe store. Also anyone who wants Mickey Crocs (or the Pirates Crocs when they come in) pm me I get 30% & would be glad to share with my friends here at wdwmagic since they cost so much to begain with & even $5 more if you buy them at the parks.

PigletIsMyCat

Were people's sizes running large or small? According to the highly scientific crocs sizing chart, I'd wear a size 10 womens... I normally wear an 8.5 or maybe a 9.....

Do they just sell these everywhere? What stores carry them?

maelstrom

*sigh* I jumped on the Crocs bandwagon. I bought a pair of the Cleo sandals in Sarasota the other day. I tried on the Mickey ones in WDW but they aren't cut right for my little narrow feet. The Cleo ones fit perfectly and I love them. They haven't gone to WDW yet, but maybe in December.

MattyFresh

Nike Shox are the way to go for theme parks and everyday walking, you will never want another running shoe again!!!

as a former owner of shox, I don't know if I would ever own another pair. They were alot heavier then some other shoes I have owned, and my feet were really tired and sore when the day was over. I love my New Balance, have a pair of adidas that are very comfortable. Well let me say one thing about shox, they look good.....ummm well some of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom