Best Footwear for WDW

morgan22

Having said that, i've just been on their website and they have some cute looking sandals/flip flops - are they as comfy??

Does anyone know if they ship to the UK?

Kriszee1

Having said that, i've just been on their website and they have some cute looking sandals/flip flops - are they as comfy??

Does anyone know if they ship to the UK?

I'm not sure if they ship to UK, but I am sure they do.

Buy 1 pair and decide for yourself. Personally, I think they look better with capri pants or jeans. They look great on kids. My son loves them and he can still play in them. They weigh on 6 oz. and they bend with you and the bumps kind of massage your feet. I ALWAYS thought they were hideous, but since I tried them, I've changed my mind.

tigger_rox00

I work in womens shoes at a nice retailer and I bet I can help. Try some Keen shoes. Most of their products are water proof plus they have this chemical on the insole of their shoes so that when exposed to sunlight, it eliminates the odor. Also Merrell shoes have a few styles that are water proof. Some other brands are Sperry top sider, Rainbow flip flops, I think they were already mentioned, and Reef flip flops. I take Keen and Merrells with me on my Disney trips and they provide great comfort and support and they are good shoes on top of it. Hope this helps.

JikoMarie

These are great but you will get lots of funny looks
http://www.topless-sandal.com/

These look soooo cool! Do you know how much they cost?

Ok...as far as the sock question goes, do you wear socks with these?
http://shop.crocs.com/pc-129-4-all-...=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

I think they're the same as regular Crocs. You can wear socks in them but you don't have to.

I tend to eschew shoes in favor of a jet pack

_40061663_rocketman203250.jpg

However, I'm starting to wonder if its against the rules since there is usually a gaggle of people (some of whom are mighty official looking) running after me yelling and gesturing. My wife pointed this out to me, so now I crane my neck around to look and it seems to happen every time?:shrug:

Ohhhhhh, so you're the one with the jet pack! You should probably get your wife one as well so that she can keep up.

Croc wearers -
Do those bumps on the bottom that touch your feet not bother anyone? I don't think they're comfortable for that reason. They're ok to do some yard work in, but I couldn't imagine wearing them all day long! Especially without sock! ouch!

This is my question as well. We just got a pair of Holely Soles (actually the pre-decessor to Crocs and much nicer in my opinion) and we've been wearing them around the house. They are comfy except for the little bumps seem to be sticking in the bottom of our feet. Will we get used to them?

loveyloo2

The bumps soften up...

I think they're the same as regular Crocs. You can wear socks in them but you don't have to.

Ohhhhhh, so you're the one with the jet pack! You should probably get your wife one as well so that she can keep up.

This is my question as well. We just got a pair of Holely Soles (actually the pre-decessor to Crocs and much nicer in my opinion) and we've been wearing them around the house. They are comfy except for the little bumps seem to be sticking in the bottom of our feet. Will we get used to them?

The first couple of days that I wore my Crocs Capri flip flops, the bumps did feel kind of weird to me and in a couple of spots they were mildly irritating (I have pretty sensitive feet though--I even have had to turn socks inside out so the seam won't hurt). However, after that they were really comfy! I think the bumps must soften, as I hardly even notice them now. If you do look at the flip flop styles, I highly recommend the Capri. I choose it because it was "cute" and not a bulky as their other styles, but now that I have them, I think it would be more comfortable as the strap is made of a nylon type fabic which is lined with a soft ultra-suede-ish fabric, which also covers the strap that goes between the toes. So there is virtually no friction on the foot..Hope that helps!!

http://shop.crocs.com/pc-109-4-capr...=41p&subsectionname=footwear&section=products

:wave:

xtimMOOthyx

Crocs are not allowed for real men.
Women can wear them because women can wear ugly things and get away with it.
Like fat women and spandex, looks like hell but they do it.

Not allowed for real men?? LOL. Wow. I own 2 pair, one of them being the Disney Crocs. Everyone can wear them.

Having bad ankles, I don't like the feeling that my ankles are going to break every night I leave the parks, and Crocs are the most comfortable shoe that I have found so far to wear in the parks.

k.hunter30

At least I know I'm not alone. :shrug:
Anyone...?

EchoOfOphelia

I'm with AEfx; What's the issue with Crocs? True, they're less than attractive, but they're shoes for Pete's sake. They're obsecnely comfortable, to the point whew I wear two pairs, to high school regularly. Get past the clunky, foamy look if you can and join the legion! Otherwise, I'd reccomend anything Teva.

How do you get two pairs of shoes on your feet??? :)
They must be really comfortable to wear two pairs at once

reptar77

They are around $15.00, the stick lasts for about a year. With lots of use I have found they last about 8 months.
Sorry half of my quote is gone, I was talking about the topless sandals.

smk

For the sandals-wearing Crocs owners, what would you recommend, the Athens or the Crete?
I have the Athens style and I love them!

Also, if you buy the "fake" CROCS, you will not get the same quality. The shoes that look like CROCS at Wal-Mart etc...are not comfy at all.

stitchtastic

My crocs Athens flip flops arrived today and I'm wearing them now and they feel fabulous - really good arch support and the bumps feel really comfy on the sole of my foot. Will just have to get used to a toe-post again after months of winter footwear, but so far so good. I got the pink/green and will probably buy some more if I can find them in stock, had to buy these on-line as all the shops had very limited choice of size and colour.
:sohappy:

morgan22

Stitchtastic, can you help me out with which shops stock them? I remember seeing them somewhere but can't remember where..... do sports shops have them? I've got a feeling I saw them in Fenwicks (in York) but won't be going back there for a while - I presume some chains will stock them?

bgraham34

I actually wore flip flops for an entire day and survived last year. I normally just wear sneakers but I could not take my feet sweeting. My only issue with the flippers was that they come off my feet a few times when getting on and off some rides.

stitchtastic

morgan22

John Lewis have them but very limited stock and don't know when theyre getting more in. Soletrader had them, again very limited, I got the flip flops from www.sweetfeetshoes.co.uk free p&p. Iam usually a female 7 and ordered a 6 and they are a perfect fit. Loads of places have a good range of the Cayman I got mine from a local garden centre size 5-6 - again perfect fit. We have a small dept. store called westgate (part of the co-op) and they have the cayman. It seems to be the Athens that are harder to find and word is spreading so get on-line quickly! Sports shops like JBSports should be a good bet as John Lewis display theirs in the sport department. Good luck!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
John Lewis have them but very limited stock and don't know when theyre getting more in. Soletrader had them, again very limited, I got the flip flops from www.sweetfeetshoes.co.uk free p&p. Iam usually a female 7 and ordered a 6 and they are a perfect fit. Loads of places have a good range of the Cayman I got mine from a local garden centre size 5-6 - again perfect fit. We have a small dept. store called westgate (part of the co-op) and they have the cayman. It seems to be the Athens that are harder to find and word is spreading so get on-line quickly! Sports shops like JBSports should be a good bet as John Lewis display theirs in the sport department. Good luck!

See, I wanted to get the Athens, but my girlfriend said I was odd because I wanted feminine sandals (she said it's a feminine 'cut'). I don't care too much since I like them, but I'd like some 'proof' so I can say to her, "see, you're the one who is odd, not me!" Here's a picture for the lazy:

crocs177262_107437_jb.jpg

Jeez! When I went to the site to get the picture, I found they no longer have 2/3 of the colors in stock that they had yesterday!!

Anything Disney

They are orthotic in nature so there is plenty of support. I have very high arches and even put a support in some shoes, but these are fine just the way they are.

Okay, I'll give em a shot!!! I guess I won't be able to tease my FIL when he wears his bright neon oranges ones......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom