Best Footwear for WDW

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
with those I would, but I know people who never wear socks even with dress shoes. :shrug:

I've got a pair of these and they really are very comfortable, but I've been at an empasse as to the style issues involved !:lol:

sillyspook13

I'm with AEfx; What's the issue with Crocs? True, they're less than attractive, but they're shoes for Pete's sake. They're obsecnely comfortable, to the point whew I wear two pairs, to high school regularly. Get past the clunky, foamy look if you can and join the legion! Otherwise, I'd reccomend anything Teva.
The look of Crocs is growing on me (especially the Mickey Crocs), but they don't fit my feet properly. I had to try a bigger size to fit my toes, but then they were too big and slid right off my feet.:(

Croc sandals look really nice and comfy though!:)

loveyloo2

Crocs Capri flip flops...

The look of Crocs is growing on me (especially the Mickey Crocs), but they don't fit my feet properly. I had to try a bigger size to fit my toes, but then they were too big and slid right off my feet.:(

Croc sandals look really nice and comfy though!:)

I just bought these off the website and they are really comfy and pretty darn cute, too as they are not as wide as their other flip flops...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I wore Adidas Sambas in college marching band, and I loved them. Of course, I'm not real fussy on footwear, and I like my workboots more than I like tennis shoes.

I'm seriously considering Samba's for Disney in September. I figure if I can march 2 Rose Parades (5 1/2 miles) with the same pair without getting uncomfortable, then I can wear them daily in disney.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I tend to eschew shoes in favor of a jet pack

_40061663_rocketman203250.jpg

However, I'm starting to wonder if its against the rules since there is usually a gaggle of people (some of whom are mighty official looking) running after me yelling and gesturing. My wife pointed this out to me, so now I crane my neck around to look and it seems to happen every time?:shrug:

SallyShine

I wear socks with my Crocs all the time. Not with shorts, of course, LOL, but my black crocs with socks and a pair of jeans look just fine.

Crocs are the best footwear ever...since I bought my first pair last year I've only worn anything else a half-dozen times (only to shovel snow, LOL). I've always hated wearing shoes, but to me they feel like walking barefoot on air.

I also used to put my feet through hell at WDW - blisters and such. I wore Crocs without socks all week on my last trip and my feet didn't have a single issue - never felt better.

I drank the Croc kool-aid, and my feet have never been happier. On occasion when I get a funny look (guy with big black Crocs), I just get one of those warm fuzzy feelings inside when you know a secret that someone else just doesn't get. :)

AEfx
Thanks, I'll give them a try. I think I'm going to get a cute pink and white Mickey pair.

wdwmomof3

I agree that Crocs are the most comfortable shoes for Disney. I wore my Crocs or tennis shoes or my favorite flip flops by Yellow Box, depending on my mood and what we were going to be doing. :lol: My children loved their Crocs too. We had no problems with our feet hurting all week. :)

LuLaSue

I like the Birkenstock sandal. Overstock.com has them for $51.00, I just ordered up 2 pair. They usually run about $100 or so. The cork bottoms form to your feet for ultimate comfort and are never stinky! I like the fact that my feet are able to breathe.

Good luck and may your feet be happy!:D

k.hunter30

Croc wearers -
Do those bumps on the bottom that touch your feet not bother anyone? I don't think they're comfortable for that reason. They're ok to do some yard work in, but I couldn't imagine wearing them all day long! Especially without sock! ouch!

palmage

I am close to getting on the Croc Band Wagon. Still pretty ugly piece of footwear. Looks okay for kids, but an adult male?

:lookaroun

What is the rule for wearing socks with Crocs?

Black ones

Oohhh or Support Hose :sohappy:

Crocs are not allowed for real men.
Women can wear them because women can wear ugly things and get away with it.
Like fat women and spandex, looks like hell but they do it.

LuLaSue

I thought something like a walking or running sneaker would be the best for disney.

Sneakers are great for my DH2B but, my feet get so hot. My feet start to swell in a closed shoe or sneaker. My feet need the air, as long as I have good support my feet are happy.

Pooh88

Does anyone have a pic of these crocs? This is the first I've heard of them. The foot issue is a good one. I ALWAYS have trouble with my feet at WDW. If you do (and some people are more sensitive than others) moleskin works to prevent rubbing and therefore blisters with whatever shoe you choose. Also, changing socks, if you can, if you are wearing sneakers during the day will help as well. (Can you tell I've done this before?) Nevertheless, I still have to be careful of blisters. Once you get them, they are there for the duration of your trip and can ruin it for you.

Kriszee1

Crocs Cayman...most comfortable shoe ever! Ugly as anything, but soooooooooo wonderful. I started with 1 ugly pair and now I have 5. If you go on crocs.com, they have flip flops etc made by them too.

tigsmom

Does anyone have a pic of these crocs? This is the first I've heard of them. The foot issue is a good one. I ALWAYS have trouble with my feet at WDW. If you do (and some people are more sensitive than others) moleskin works to prevent rubbing and therefore blisters with whatever shoe you choose. Also, changing socks, if you can, if you are wearing sneakers during the day will help as well. (Can you tell I've done this before?) Nevertheless, I still have to be careful of blisters. Once you get them, they are there for the duration of your trip and can ruin it for you.

Here ya go...I have the first pair...the black with red. They sell quite a few colors at WDW.

http://www.surfanddirt.com/nofear/dept.asp?dept_id=6185&

maelstrom

I got some Earth Shoes sandals at Wal-Mart for like $15. They are the most comfortable shoes ever and they aren't hideous like those Crocs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom