Best Footwear for WDW

hcswingfield

I always bring several pairs of shoes and sandals, in different varieties, and wear a different pair every day. That way my feet don't get rubbed in the same spots for two consecutive days. I have crocs, but also have Teva sandals that I love. And a couple of different brands of sneakers/tennis shoes.

ckvin

My wife and three daughters all bought the Mickey Crocs while we were just down there for the week. I'm not a fan of them....but I admit the 'Mickey' holes did make them much cuter! They all said they were the most comfortable shoes they could've worn while walking the parks every day. Go figure...

Kerby626

Who cares how they look, you are the one wearing whatever you wear. Find a shoe/sandal/boot that is comfortable and lets the feet breath, swell and so forth. I own Keen and Oakley sandals, they are the stuff. I own two pair of Oakley military boots, which I wore the whole trip in 2003. Also great. Or just a good pair of running shoes. I also recommend Ecco, Adidas, New Balance, and Asics shoes. Or just say "oh well" and get some crocs. Your feet may thank you.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
but she will be wearing them, not you. :lookaroun

She is, I got home and a pair had arrived via post. They make her feet look huge.

Ill ware my old military high leg jungle boots, they'll go well with shorts and we can look a pair of plebs together:dazzle:

TikiBeckie

I am also someone who thinks crocs are ugly but oh SO comfy! I got over how ugly they were to not have that "I want to slice my feet off" feeling at the end of the day. Plus, the croc sandals are just as comfy and not ugly at all, so maybe that would work for you? My husband loves his croc sandals.

smk

In my opinion Keen makes the best Disney shoe - plenty of support, great toe guard, water friendly, dries fast and very comfortable.

985-124397-p.jpg

You can find them for around $60 a pair if you hunt - you really shouldn't put a pricetag on comfort though...

And people think CROCS are ugly?:lol: :lol: Just kidding! I think these shoes look very comfy.
I have worn CROCS for years now and I will not wear anything else. I agree there aren't many different styles for men, but for ladies they have added new lines that look like any other cute shoe. Just go to the wesite and browse, you never know, you may find a pair you do like!

Anything Disney

I'll agree that crocs are not the most stylish, but I wondering about the support? Flip Flops would kill me and I'd have shin splints in 20 minutes! I have heard so many people swear by their crocs, but I have not become a convert. I do like the sound of them with Mickey shapes :) I'm a tennis shoe type, but those are a real bummer when wet!

SallyShine

I'll agree that crocs are not the most stylish, but I wondering about the support? Flip Flops would kill me and I'd have shin splints in 20 minutes! I have heard so many people swear by their crocs, but I have not become a convert. I do like the sound of them with Mickey shapes :) I'm a tennis shoe type, but those are a real bummer when wet!

I agree! My problem with the Crocs and Keens is that you obviously wouldn't wear socks with them. Don't your feet get sweaty and the shoes smelly? :hurl:

AEfx

I agree! My problem with the Crocs and Keens is that you obviously wouldn't wear socks with them. Don't your feet get sweaty and the shoes smelly? :hurl:

I wear socks with my Crocs all the time. Not with shorts, of course, LOL, but my black crocs with socks and a pair of jeans look just fine.

Crocs are the best footwear ever...since I bought my first pair last year I've only worn anything else a half-dozen times (only to shovel snow, LOL). I've always hated wearing shoes, but to me they feel like walking barefoot on air.

I also used to put my feet through hell at WDW - blisters and such. I wore Crocs without socks all week on my last trip and my feet didn't have a single issue - never felt better.

I drank the Croc kool-aid, and my feet have never been happier. On occasion when I get a funny look (guy with big black Crocs), I just get one of those warm fuzzy feelings inside when you know a secret that someone else just doesn't get. :)

AEfx

SIR90210

I'm with AEfx; What's the issue with Crocs? True, they're less than attractive, but they're shoes for Pete's sake. They're obsecnely comfortable, to the point whew I wear two pairs, to high school regularly. Get past the clunky, foamy look if you can and join the legion! Otherwise, I'd reccomend anything Teva.

tigsmom

They are orthotic in nature so there is plenty of support. I have very high arches and even put a support in some shoes, but these are fine just the way they are.

tigsmom

Nope, not at all. They are made of a special material that absorbs the moisture and are antimicrobial so there is no oder or risk of infection/athletes foot. They are even recommended for diabetics because of that feature and the fact that they are not constrictive in nature.

spaceghost

My wife and I both bought Beach Trekkers from Lands End for our trip last month and mine were great for me - no problems what-so-ever. They are designed to breathe, so your feet will dry out if they get wet, no chafing, and they have really good soles for support. However, for some reason how they fit my wife's feet, they gave her a blister after a day or two. So... she took the plunge and bought a pair of the Mickey Crocs. This is coming from a person who swore that they were the ugliest things on the face of the planet and that she would never wear them and that she would not be seen in public with me if I ever wore them. All she kept talking about all week is how comfortable they were and that she was walking on air. :hammer:

Truthfully, the Mickey Crocs are actually not too bad looking, especially the black ones. Those are my 2 recommendations anyway.

Rosenrot

I wore Converse All-Stars the entire time, like I do everyday, and they were perfect.

Being canvas - its really not a big deal when they get wet...they dry, and it doesn't hurt them.

Plus - they're really light and comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom