Best Footwear for WDW

rad_rat

crocs stock

DW and DD both love crocs -- they got me a pair of Mickey red, and I find they're perfect for WDW. They loved them so much they wanted to buy Crocs stock. I was a little leary, so we only bought a total of 20 shares at $44. Yesterday, Crocs closed at nearly $81 per share.:eek:

Next time, I listen to the women. :hammer:

Cinderelly07

Don't wear Flops!

What ever you do DON"T WEAR FLOPS! It will leave you in pain. With the heat radiating off the pavement it dries out your feet, so not only do you ache because you have been walking around with little to no support all day, but they are cracked and burn because they are so dry. I wear crocs, they may not be cute but they are amazing. You could also wear sneaks and change into flops before you get onto a water ride. Just carry a small water proof bag! If you want to get cuter crocs you can get on there website and order some of the Disney ones or maybe just a different style than the basic.

PurpleDragon

Call me odd, but I tried on a pair of crocs last time I was at Sports Authority and they were not comfortable to me at all. I quickly put them back on the rack, they are definately not for me. Instead of those I bought a good pair of Saucony running shoes with the breathable material on the sides and they are the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. I have those and a good pair of broken in Nike running shoes to switch out if the other pair gets wet.

I don't think I will ever understand the crocs thing, they felt awkward and uncomfortable when I put them on, but hey to each his/her own.:shrug:

JWG

This has already been said but,

The most comfortable and broken in pair of tennis shoes with good socks you can find. Something that will prevent a lot of blister causing sweat, something with no rubbing.

Not the place to break in a new pair of shoes.

I was watching the Fan's Guide to Disney, they said a person walks close to 16 miles a day while visiting Disney. That seems awfully high to me, but if someone goes from open to close, odds are good they put on a few miles a day.

mickey5888

Oh God no, if you're going to jump on the Croc bandwagon, at least pay the right amount for them. I got my pair of Crocs last summer for $8, and I'm horrified now when I see the $20 and $35 (WHAT?!) prices for them. They don't look like they should cost that much. Just don't get them on the mall, get them the next time you go to the beach and you're on the boardwalk. I got my cheaper Crocs when I went to Ocean City, NJ.

PLTram

I wore some New Balance tennis shoes (any brand will do) with good arch support. For the few opportunities that your feet will get wet (Kali and Splash Mtn are the only two that I can think of), I slipped a pair of flip flops in our backpack and changed before getting on the ride. This was a tip I read on some other site and it worked great for me.

I wear Birkenstocks around the house at home, but when I wore them around WDW a few times (the first time I wore them outside of the house) I found them to be a bit uncomfortable as a walking shoe. Great for standing or short distances, though.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have to confess I now own a pair, they cost £30 in the UK. Its prety poor that most shops now sell more or less the same things and you get so little choice and your almost forced down a style route.

I am hoping that this means I wont be going barefoot when I exit the park this year.

Only problem since I bought them is that its rained almost non stop for two weeks so I have hardly had chance to test drive them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have to confess I now own a pair, they cost £30 in the UK. Its prety poor that most shops now sell more or less the same things and you get so little choice and your almost forced down a style route.

I am hoping that this means I wont be going barefoot when I exit the park this year.

Only problem since I bought them is that its rained almost non stop for two weeks so I have hardly had chance to test drive them.

Please send some rain this way! :wave:

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Oh God no, if you're going to jump on the Croc bandwagon, at least pay the right amount for them. I got my pair of Crocs last summer for $8, and I'm horrified now when I see the $20 and $35 (WHAT?!) prices for them. They don't look like they should cost that much. Just don't get them on the mall, get them the next time you go to the beach and you're on the boardwalk. I got my cheaper Crocs when I went to Ocean City, NJ.

Those are called knock-offs. They are uncomfortable. Basically all you're paying for is the crocs "style" if it can be called as much...

Tinkerbella16

A nice fresh pair of white Nike Air Force Ones. I buy them a month before our trip to break them in. Because nothing is worse than wearing a new, never worn pair of sneakers to the parks, and your feet are throbbing by the end of the day. I will put on comfortable flipflops when I go to DTD at night. Nothing is more relaxing, so I know my feet will not hurt there when we are walking around shops and taking our time through out the night.

AEfx

Those are called knock-offs. They are uncomfortable. Basically all you're paying for is the crocs "style" if it can be called as much...

Yeah, those are NOT crocs for $8, they are definitely knock-offs. They look like Crocs, but the true value of the Crocs is in their special material, not just that they are a fluffy looking shoe LOL.

$30 is a bargain for them. I'd pay much more.

Saw someone was looking for where to get them; I'm sure you can get them locally (lots of discount stores in my area carry them, mostly locally and reigionally owned, actually), but eBay is always good as well if there is a certain style/size you need and can't find. There is at least one seller I've dealt with a few times who offers free priority mail shipping, and the prices are at or below retail.

AEfx

rimousefan84

Nike Shox! They usually run about $100 but you can often find them on sale at the footwear stores online. They are light and extremely comfortable. Wouldn't leave home without em. :)

SallyShine

As posted earlier, I bought a pair of Keen sandals. I took them for a test run last night at our local amusement park. They were great! I think they were more comfortable than tennis shoes. It's still a little weird not wearing socks, but I guess I'll get used to it.

Laura

Premium Member
I always bring several pairs of shoes and sandals, in different varieties, and wear a different pair every day. That way my feet don't get rubbed in the same spots for two consecutive days. I have crocs, but also have Teva sandals that I love. And a couple of different brands of sneakers/tennis shoes.

That's what I do. I rotate between sandals, flip flops, and sneakers. I've never had a blister from WDW before.

I got some Earth Shoes sandals at Wal-Mart for like $15. They are the most comfortable shoes ever and they aren't hideous like those Crocs.

I have the same sandals. I plan to get a lot of use out of them at WDW. I always wear them around the house because they are so comfortable.

I have the Athens style and I love them!

Also, if you buy the "fake" CROCS, you will not get the same quality. The shoes that look like CROCS at Wal-Mart etc...are not comfy at all.

Those shoes are so completely hideous, I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a knock off? If you're gonna buy an ugly shoe, at least buy it for comfort. Why just buy an ugly shoe that has no value other than being ugly? :lol:

I don't think anyone could ever convince me to wear those crocs. I can't stand the look of them, and I've never had a problem with any normal shoes at WDW.

ballardkringle

Crocs

I just got my black and red Mickey crocs and I plan to wear them on our WDW trip next week. My doctor recommends them to people with foot problems especially heel pain. I've already been wearing them some to break them in.

I-4Warrior

I've heard recently that Crocs are the most comfortable shoe to wear at the World, even for all-day ventures. I just can't help but think that everyone who wears them is only a pony tail and an Iron Chef smock away from being Mario Batali.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
That's what I do. I rotate between sandals, flip flops, and sneakers. I've never had a blister from WDW before.

I have the same sandals. I plan to get a lot of use out of them at WDW. I always wear them around the house because they are so comfortable.

I plan on doing the same thing, problem is, I need to get some new shoes because one of the air pockets in my Nike 360s cracked, and now it makes an annoying sound every time I step. Some people here have mentioned New Balance, Saucony, and ASICS; can anyone recommend a "best brand" or best shoe from one of these three brands?

Those shoes are so completely hideous, I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a knock off? If you're gonna buy an ugly shoe, at least buy it for comfort. Why just buy an ugly shoe that has no value other than being ugly? :lol:

I don't think anyone could ever convince me to wear those crocs. I can't stand the look of them, and I've never had a problem with any normal shoes at WDW.

I agree completely. I think the thing is that they are ugly but hip (for some terrible reason). If you want the comfort without the hideousness, check out the Crocs Athens sandals.

SANDKRUSER

This thread has totally convinced me to give these nasty shoes a try.

Of course, I didn't realize they came in other styles and were 'real' shoes. I thought they were just crappy water shoes or something that idiots and tourists paid money for at Disney.

After hearing these glowing reviews, I'm sold!! I have a major problem with my right foot, which occassionally requires me to use a wheelchair at the parks. My middle toe was broken (okay, shattered) in a car wreck and I now have moderate degenerative arthritis in my foot, as well as numb spots and constant foot pain. I usually wear my trusty Nikes (could not tell you what style, but I've been wearing the same style since my injury) and deal with the swelling and foot sweat.

I think I have to find a B&M store to shop for these at....

Piglet - If you have problems with your feet - make sure you get the CrocRX ones - shown on their website - www.crocs.com - I have the "relief" ones - the bed is softer and the toe box is wider - they do tend to run wide - which is good for me - short, wide feet, my husband calls my feet "duckies". Anyways - they have these that are meant for people with foot problems - and the bed is definitely softer and more comfortable than the regulars and the "relief" ones are the same price. I have several of those and also a pair of Niles (sandals) and Scutes - which are kind of a slide sandal. The Niles are also very comfortable - I wore them at both water parks all day instead of aqua sox and found that my feet felt great. The aqua sox killed my heels by the end of the day - I have plantar fascitis in both feet but much worse in my right foot. My foot doctor said it's okay to wear them but not to wear them everyday at the parks - he thought it was best to alternate days between the Crocs and my Asics which I wear with an orthotic. Anyways, there are some cuter styles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom