Bed Bugs at WDW

YankeeMouse

That's why I LOVE WDW Magic. I've been to Disney over 40 times and never knew about this problem...I'm probably in denial! THis is great info on how to spot them, when (night) and where to look, etc., and I'll be looking on our next trip and do the preventative measures like no luggage on the bed, etc. Thanks!

tazhughes

Naw, they are pretty tiny....now the camel spiders over in the middle east those are big.:eek:

camel_spider.jpg

Did anyone else notice that the top spider is being held in his mouth. If you look at the picture you will notice that the top of the picture cuts off just above his chin.

They really need to get those boys some better chow!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Did anyone else notice that the top spider is being held in his mouth. If you look at the picture you will notice that the top of the picture cuts off just above his chin.

They really need to get those boys some better chow!
It is actually being held by a pair of pliers. You can see his sleeve and wrist right next to them. There is a guy directly behind him leaning down to look at them which is were the collar and neck come from.

dixiegirl

two summers my cousins went and stayed at a dvc villa........they found bugs everywhere...and it was really dirty...disney switced their room... i felt really bad b/c that has never happened to me before

OH lovely!!!! Makes me wanna run back to our dvc villa at SSR...I'm a hypochondriac as it is, oh this helps......i feel quite itchy all over as we speak!!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I was not the original photographer but to my knowledge there is no photoshop work done on the picture but there are a few angle tricks in that photo to help amplify the size. First of all there are 2 spiders stuck together and the guy in the background makes them appear a little bigger. However in reality these things are very huge growing to about 6 inches in length.
i examined the photo and from what i can tell (clean lines, shading etc) the phot is real. now, im not certain if they are props, but they havent been added.

i believe the people who say they are real and have seen them in person. they remind me of the creature from aliens.
alien_face2.jpg

palmage

I read the story on www.doingflorida.com where they said it was being explained by local officials that one of the main causes for the increased problem of bugs is because of more international travellers!!!!!!

Sorry but I assure you all clothes are nicely washed and ironed before entering the US and the whole family certainly has a shower before flying....honest!:ROFLOL:
You're obviously not french....................

frazierle

bed bugs

:eek:my hubby just reminded me that this past May we were at POFQ and there was white powder in the bed table:confused:I thought it was a "begniet gone wild" from the food court. OMG maybe that room had the bugs. Now the question is do I rather a room with the white powder that had been fumed or no white powder? :rolleyes:decisions decisions. :lookaroun

The Mak

That's exactly what I thought too. *squirms*

This isn't a direct reply to you Shadowdawn, I just quoted the last camel spider related post so I can address this.

That Camel Spider picture has been an internet meme/urban legend for years now. This pic shows the camel spider at more realisitic scale. They are not venemous.

solfuga2cmuu0.png

There's also an article on snopes about this very picture http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

There are some very creepy and dangerous spiders out there in the world but the camel spider isn't one of them.

elcodfish

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

Okay, first of all STOP POSTING THE BUG PICTURES!!! I work alone in a basement and my skin is crawling right now... I keep looking behind me like a line of them are going to attack me :lookaroun

Secondly I always check out the room... I bring a tiny flashlight and check behind the headboard, tv cabinet and under anything I can... and because of 4 rooms I also check for bodies...

Erica

ImSweetPea

I just got nack from Disney last week.... now Im freaking out.... ewwwyyy.... We did not have a bad experience ..... but now Im all itchyyy...

Dragonrider1227

I was kinda hoping the bed bugs were in one of the deluxe resorts. Watching a bunch or rich people run out of their rooms 'cause of bugs could be an attraction all it's own :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Okay, first of all STOP POSTING THE BUG PICTURES!!! I work alone in a basement and my skin is crawling right now... I keep looking behind me like a line of them are going to attack me :lookaroun

Secondly I always check out the room... I bring a tiny flashlight and check behind the headboard, tv cabinet and under anything I can... and because of 4 rooms I also check for bodies...

Erica
You mean pictures like this...

giant_bugs.jpg

or this

11235.JPG

or this

35072911.JPG

or this guy THAT IS ON YOUR LEFT SHOULDER RIGHT NOW!
20412470.JPG

:drevil:
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom