Bed Bugs at WDW

SeaBreeze

Bed bugs are still making the news here in FL but I haven't heard anything about them in WDW in awhile. Like others have said, just do a check in your room beforehand. I always do this wherever we go anyway; it's good for peace of mind :animwink:

Bed bugs are still making the news here in FL but I haven't heard anything about them in WDW in awhile. Like others have said, just do a check in your room beforehand. I always do this wherever we go anyway; it's good for peace of mind :animwink:

I am afraid that if our bags make it to our room before we do they will lay them on the bed before I get a chance to look.:zipit: We are using Magical Express... I am grossed out about getting them in my room.

disneyfan56

Oh for goodness sake, why would you ressurect this thread again?

Perhaps it would just be better if you stayed home, that's of course if you feel completely safe there. You never know.....

SeaBreeze

Just read something in the FL paper... and thought I would question...

Don't feel bad about it... you're leaving soon and were concerned, decent reason to bring it back up IMO. But don't worry about the issue either; there haven't been problems in awhile, and even if you can't check the room first, it's not a big deal. Even if there IS an issue (there won't be) it's still easy to take care of if you catch it. Just check when you can so you're not worrying the whole time. Enjoy your trip :wave:

SleepingMonk

Yes I'm sure everything will be fine.

cclchl.gif

Dwarful

Just got a magazing in the mail on Saturday and there was an article about the increase in bedbugs again this summer. Its not just at the 'flea bag' motels either. Every property has to be aware of them and I think most large chains do a good job of keeping up on this. The one tip the magazine suggested was putting double stick tape (or vaseline) around the bottoms of the bed legs. It said that bed bugs were unable to climb up the legs and into the bedding because of the slickness of the vaseline or the adhesive on the double stick tape. I have never done this, but if you are worried it would be simple to do for peace of mind.

princsslily

I just came back from POR yesterday and I had a horrible experience with housekeeping. They were terrible. Room not vaccumed everyday, no glasses, dumpped trash outside of room and never cleaned up, then I woke up yesterday with bed bug bites!!!! I was/am completely grossed out and only hope I didn't bring anyhome. I am taking pictures and beginning my complaint letters and phone calls. I just came on here and did a search, I didn't know this was out there and in the news prior to now. As a yearly traveler to Disney and traveling with 33 people I am quite disapointed by this experience. :(

Phonedave

Just got a magazing in the mail on Saturday and there was an article about the increase in bedbugs again this summer. Its not just at the 'flea bag' motels either. Every property has to be aware of them and I think most large chains do a good job of keeping up on this. The one tip the magazine suggested was putting double stick tape (or vaseline) around the bottoms of the bed legs. It said that bed bugs were unable to climb up the legs and into the bedding because of the slickness of the vaseline or the adhesive on the double stick tape. I have never done this, but if you are worried it would be simple to do for peace of mind.

I cant believe I am posting in the bed bug thread again :)

1) Many beds at hotels do not have legs, they are on platforms, that way things dont get lost under there, housekeeping does not have to clean under there, and nobody hides things (bodies) under there. I dont know about WDW, but many places don't have legs.

2) Bedbugs don't have to live on the floor. They can live between the boxspring and the bed rail, the headboard and the wall, anyplace that is dark, quiet, and tight.

Again, I have never seen them. I don't get worked up over them. I do check the rooms for them, as part of the once over I give a room. I have never found a body under the bed or anything super nasty. I do find cell phone chargers behind nightstands, but thats about it.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom