Bed Bugs at WDW

RiversideBunny

Whenever I check into a hotel room, anywhere, I always first check under the bed for a dead body.
The maids don't catch everything when they clean up.

:lol:

tigsmom

One precaution that I would like to share with everyone is NEVER put your luggage on the bed. And for that matter try not to keep it sitting on the floor.

Use the luggage rack when unpacking and store it on a shelf if possible. The last thing in the world you want is to have them crawl into your luggage and bring them home.

It can be quite an expensive ordeal to remove them from your house. I read one account (granted probably extreme) where mattresses had to be thrown out and carpets torn up and removed in order to get rid of the things.

My point is that they are out there so just be cautious.

That can happen with a louse infestation as well.

ryguy

Unfortunately Bedbugs will not avoid Disney just because its the happiest place on earth. Bedbugs are a two fold problem. The fact of the matter is that with so many foreigners visiting WDW its tough to keep the problem at bay. Bedbugs were a problem that mostly underdeveloped countries encountered. Keep in mind whenever Americans travel outside of the states we run the risk of bringing these critters back home to the good ol USA. We pretty much eliminated them because of our cleaning standards in the last century. As the dollar continues to plunge and we have uncontrolled immigration we will continue to see more and more issues that we use to consider third world problems. Keep in mind the majority of workers in mousekeeping are immigrants or from other countries. There standard of living and the conditions they grew up in were far different than what we are used too. (Doesn't make them bad people, they just probably grew up in poorer conditions). It's up to management to make sure they are keeping the place up to proper health standards. Just be proactive, when you enter your room look for critters and be sure keep your luggage off the floor, thats the easiest way to spread the little devils. If you find bedbugs, never stay in that room, its not worth the trouble or pain if you bring them back home with you. Basically those people were paid off by Disney to keep their mouth shut. Word of bedbugs is not good for business.

MainSt1993

OMG........I am bringing Lysol this trip, will that kill them? We are headed to POFQ in :sohappy:16 days:sohappy: I don't want any bugs......:eek:

No - you need RID spray. You can get it at any drug store.

Bedbugs are a problem anywhere you go - even in the nicest/most expensive hotels. I wouldn't loose too much sleep over it though (pun intended).

sublimesting

Last summer I saw a half-crazed armadillo with a giant bite taken out of its back running around pop century with children chasing it. Knowing a potential bad situation when I see it I notified a CM to call animal control.
Now who would have been blamed here if the armadillo bit those kids the negligent parents or Disney? Any guesses?

tigsmom

Oh ain't that the truth! My wife's nephew moved it for a while and he was such a louse. I thought we would never get him to leave.

:lookaroun

ha.gif

I knew somebody would go that way! :lol:

kiawahman

Account Suspended
Anybody read about this on wdwinfo.com. An increase in reports of bed bugs at WDW Resorts. A family staying at All-Star Movies complained about bed bugs and supposedly got $5000 and a free trip. I think I would endure a few bed bugs for $5000 and a free trip if that's true.

i seriously doubt disney gave them 5 grand. they might have comped their stay but thats it.

frazierle

Critters

We chase critters for fun down here, that would have been normal......:ROFLOL: My son actually catches the squirrels at POFQ and has named him as well.:lol:

frazierle

Critters

We chase critters for fun down here, that would have been normal......:ROFLOL: My son actually caught a squirrel at POFQ and has named him as well.:lol: I guess he'll be looking for old Numbnuts next trip.....:sohappy:16 more days:sohappy:

amandagibbins

I don't like this web site at the moment urgh urgh urgh i feel a bit sick now and as for that sand spider thingy :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: i dont want to go to bed nowuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Maerj

Naw, they are pretty tiny....now the camel spiders over in the middle east those are big.:eek:

camel_spider.jpg

Holy crap THOSE are huge! My DW has a spider-phobia... this whole thread would freak her out really bad. I admit, I am a little itchy now after having seen these pictures. It may be tough to be a bug, but its tough dealing with bugs too.

New2WDW

OK! Now I know what I am up against if I see them. Thanks for all the pics and info. NOW, my question is (since I do not want to tell my wife and kids about this) what can I tell them when I go into the room at check in and tear the bed apart looking for these things? :lol:

disnyfan89

So before this thread I had no idea what a bed bug looked like and the first imagie I saw was of the spider! :eek: I about freaked! LOL :lol: Now if you will excuse me I have some household chores to attend to.

*Goes and washes bed sheets*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom