Bed Bugs at WDW

Cane27

You mean pictures like this...

giant_bugs.jpg

or this

11235.JPG

or this

35072911.JPG

or this guy THAT IS ON YOUR LEFT SHOULDER RIGHT NOW!
20412470.JPG

:drevil:
:lol:

MMM Tastes like chicken

maryszhi

all of these pics scare the heck out of me. If i would see them i would scream and run away and never come back. I doubt disney would have such huge bugs....thank god

Disneyfan1981

Huh....I didn't know that the BedBug thing was becoming an epidemic of sorts in the Orlando area. My family and I are set to head back in July and I'd better check their beds before we settle in because my Mother and Wife will absolutely demand another room if there as many as in the pics posted above.

LeeLee D

You've never seen Palmetto bugs there?
A friend and I were at EPCOT for evening EMH. It was getting close to midnight, not alot of people around and we were crossing the bridge from France and one of those ginormous suckers ran across our path. I screamed and she said - very dryly - "well, that wasn't very magical"!

Maybe not, but it's Florida and we have godzillabugs everywhere.

fairport

I thought I would reply to this as theres alot on this thread thats incorrect.

Bed bugs are tiny to start with but a fully grown adult is about the same size as a ladybird.
Unless you are an expert you are very unlikely to find thembey just searching the matteress. They are experts at hiding. During the day all you are likely to find is evidence that they are about, such as the skins they shread or their poo.
There is a worldwide epidemic.
They have nothing to do with how clean or dirty or is its a 2star or 5star hotel. They live in all types of accommadation.
They can walk a long distance to find a body to feed from. They can't jump.
Not putting your bag under the bed won't prevent you from taking the odd one home with you as they can easily walk to the luggage/suitcase rack.
They feed every few nights. Therefor you could be in an infested room without knowing and therefor take them home with you.
Not everyone who is bitten will react to the bite, infact only a small ammount of people react.
For those who do react it can be very nasty.
Taking your own travel ______ for a baby won't prevent the baby from being bitten, the bugs could easily climb in.

Hope this helps.

mermaid1

Do you think this will be cleared up by May. Im suppose to take my DD who will only be 6 months!!:veryconfu

Yoike! We wil be going in May as well. I thought bedbugs were much, much smaller. I HATE bugs. But Florida is filled with all kinds of creepy crawlies..You just don't expect to sharing your bed with them!:eek:
OH, please be gone very, very soon for weveryone going.....:lookaroun
Mermaid1

Ella's Mommy

Yoike! We wil be going in May as well. I thought bedbugs were much, much smaller. I HATE bugs. But Florida is filled with all kinds of creepy crawlies..You just don't expect to sharing your bed with them!:eek:
OH, please be gone very, very soon for weveryone going.....:lookaroun
Mermaid1

I KNOW!!! I hate bugs!!! I plan on bringing her pack-n-play just to be on the safe side.

tigsmom

I KNOW!!! I hate bugs!!! I plan on bringing her pack-n-play just to be on the safe side.

It may be clean when you arrive, but can become infested if the room is...and the bad thing is you will then bring them home with you.

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up. Its not unlike every room in WDW is infested. They are aware of the problem and are doing the best they can to keep the place clean (as are most places, even here in NY). This has been going on for years and if this thread was never started you would never know.

Ella's Mommy

I thought I would reply to this as theres alot on this thread thats incorrect.

Bed bugs are tiny to start with but a fully grown adult is about the same size as a ladybird.
Unless you are an expert you are very unlikely to find thembey just searching the matteress. They are experts at hiding. During the day all you are likely to find is evidence that they are about, such as the skins they shread or their poo.
There is a worldwide epidemic.
They have nothing to do with how clean or dirty or is its a 2star or 5star hotel. They live in all types of accommadation.
They can walk a long distance to find a body to feed from. They can't jump.
Not putting your bag under the bed won't prevent you from taking the odd one home with you as they can easily walk to the luggage/suitcase rack.
They feed every few nights. Therefor you could be in an infested room without knowing and therefor take them home with you.
Not everyone who is bitten will react to the bite, infact only a small ammount of people react.
For those who do react it can be very nasty.
Taking your own travel ______ for a baby won't prevent the baby from being bitten, the bugs could easily climb in.

Hope this helps.

Okay now I'm totally freaked out!!! I am I guess what you would call a BUG-A-PHOBIC (not a word but u get the point)

elabron

You know.....now that I think about it, on both of my trips to WDW last year, AS-Sports and the Poly, I woke up every morning, with what I thought were fresh mosquito bites.

I kept wondering how I would get new mosquito bites at night on my blanket-covered legs. BUT.....neither my wife or kids got bit by whatever-it-was like I did. They each had a few bites, but I was covered.

It seemed much worse at the Poly than AS-Sports. :veryconfu

earldw28

Original Poster
Man, I feel terrible now. I have just made everyones next trip to WDW less enjoyable. I didn't mean to, honestly. Or, maybe it is better that the awareness level is higher now. On the other hand, it seems like we would have heard a story like this before now which raises the question that others have raised in this thread that I so regretfully started and that is that this family may have just been out for money or some sort of compensation from Disney. I mean how many millions of people visit WDW each year and these are the first bed bugs that have been noticed. Kinda strange. Anyway, I hope everyone doesnt hate me now.:(

maggiegrace1

Like Tigsmom said...it is not like they are finding them in all the rooms or it is everywhere.

I think though that if it bothers you all then please stay home and I will go and make sure that it is safe for you all and report back.

:)

LeeLee D

Man, I feel terrible now. I have just made everyones next trip to WDW less enjoyable. I didn't mean to, honestly. Or, maybe it is better that the awareness level is higher now. On the other hand, it seems like we would have heard a story like this before now which raises the question that others have raised in this thread that I so regretfully started and that is that this family may have just been out for money or some sort of compensation from Disney. I mean how many millions of people visit WDW each year and these are the first bed bugs that have been noticed. Kinda strange. Anyway, I hope everyone doesnt hate me now.:(
Nothing but love for ya!:kiss:

Most people who travel know that there are creepy critters around and we deal with it. I hate bugs, but love hotels so I go with the "na-na-na I can't hear you" approach and pretend that I don't know what is potentially sharing a room with me.

Truthfully, after seeing a Dateline special a few years back about hotel cleanliness, I am more concerned with the sheets being fresh than anything else.

Glad your here and glad you shared!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom