Bed Bugs at WDW

Ok...this is just plain creepy!:hurl: I'm sitting at home right now passing time after shoulder sugery by dreaming and planning for our next trip this comming May.:eek: All of the sudden I'm looking for other things to do...:confused:

bgraham34

I went to Boston a few years ago with friends. My room was fine but our friends room had bed bugs. Unfortunity the hotel was booked and they could not get another room. They stayed in my room on a rollaway. First they had to go thru all the luggage. Luckily that was clean and our 3 night stay was comped.

tigsmom

OMG!!! They are so BIG!!! I thought they were microscopic or something! I will totally be checking the beds each night!!!

They look like dark sesame seeds, they really aren't that big. Its the dust mites that are microscopic and you can't get away from them either. :lol:

tigsmom

Ok...this is just plain creepy!:hurl: I'm sitting at home right now passing time after shoulder sugery by dreaming and planning for our next trip this comming May.:eek: All of the sudden I'm looking for other things to do...:confused:

You do know its not just WDW that is having a problem, right? They are all over...

MSTINKHERBELL01

I agree with everyone who states that bed bugs can happen anywhere. I think I had an experience in my mom's home who is such a clean/neat freak it scares me.:shrug:. Disney, I am sure, is not as crazy as my mom..the cleaning/neat freak so...it happens.

It is alittle scary though...yikes!

Sam

tigsmom

Yea...I get that from what I've been reading. But not at my WDW...this is the place where dreams come true:(. My DW will die if I tell her about this...

:lol:

Then don't tell her. :lookaroun
Just check the bed (especially the corners of the mattress) and don't tell her.

Its not every room in every hotel that has a problem, the key is to report it as soon as possible so the place can be cleaned out...and don't put your suitcase on the bed.

echoreyn

Does anyone else feel really itchy now after reading all of this? :lookaroun
Ugh...
Must think HAPPY THOUGHTS! HAPPY THOUGHTS!

sittle

Thanks for the report 'chicken little'....

Seriously people I think your all overreacting about bed bugs... This is probably an 'alleged incident' that has been blown out of proportion... Or some people who had some bad run in's with some other pests on property... or like some other posters mentioned, they brought them with them...

Also... you've got more things to worry about then some bugs when your sleeping on a mattress that's been shared by thousands of people...

Also, wdwinfo reported that the sky was falling two weeks ago! HA!!

frazierle

bed bugs

OMG........I am bringing Lysol this trip, will that kill them? We are headed to POFQ in :sohappy:16 days:sohappy: I don't want any bugs......:eek:

jjgoo

One precaution that I would like to share with everyone is NEVER put your luggage on the bed. And for that matter try not to keep it sitting on the floor.

Use the luggage rack when unpacking and store it on a shelf if possible. The last thing in the world you want is to have them crawl into your luggage and bring them home.

It can be quite an expensive ordeal to remove them from your house. I read one account (granted probably extreme) where mattresses had to be thrown out and carpets torn up and removed in order to get rid of the things.

My point is that they are out there so just be cautious.

tigsmom

OMG........I am bringing Lysol this trip, will that kill them? We are headed to POFQ in :sohappy:16 days:sohappy: I don't want any bugs......:eek:

Only if you drown them in it. :lol:

Go back up a few posts and read the article Master Yoda linked to. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom