Beastly Kingdom Is Back

Next Big Thing

you think they would do everything at once?
D23 wants to really WOW everyone at the Expo so I am guessing that most everything they have to announce regarding the parks that is final will be announced at the Expo. It is important for them to make people leave having people feel "WOWED" so they comeback again to future D23 expo's.

Next Big Thing

haha, i read it wrong.

Yeah, I have a feeling most of this would get done around the same time. The ST2 is already being filmed, they already picked out the maker (Vekoma) and the model (1 or 2 family coasters featured on their web site) of the MI coaster from what I've heard, and The FL refurb should begin pretty quick. Nothing is close to confirmed about BK yet so I won't even get into that one. I wouldn't say it is all going to happen at EXACTLY the same time, but around the same time. I would say expect everything except maybe the FL redo to be done by the 40th anniversary.

_Scar

haha, i read it wrong.

Yeah, I have a feeling most of this would get done around the same time. The ST2 is already being filmed, they already picked out the maker (Vekoma) and the model (1 or 2 family coasters featured on their web site) of the MI coaster from what I've heard, and The FL refurb should begin pretty quick. Nothing is close to confirmed about BK yet so I won't even get into that one. I wouldn't say it is all going to happen at EXACTLY the same time, but around the same time. I would say expect everything except maybe the FL redo to be done by the 40th anniversary.

So, Monsters Inc coaster is not going to be like Rock'N'Roller Coaster? No thrills? :mad:

Next Big Thing

So, Monsters Inc coaster is not going to be like Rock'N'Roller Coaster? No thrills? :mad:
From what i've heard, The track will follow one of the 2 pre-designed tracks on this site, shown on the right hand side:

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=10

The only difference from the picture you see there is that The ride will be indoors and the ride and cars will be themed to MI.

I won't say there won't be thrills as obviously i haven't rode the ride yet, I will just say it it probably will be a decent coaster, just not AS thrilling as RNRC. That doesn't mean there won't be thrills though.

_Scar

true, but I'd rather have BK/MI anyday over MI/ST2. But I agree, HS' future looks promising :) !!

BTW, since this is one of the few DAK threads, I'll post my creation I made a few hours ago.

animalkingdomflat.jpg

Edit- Hopefully I can add the volcano in a few years ;)

Jasonflz

true, but I'd rather have BK/MI anyday over MI/ST2. But I agree, HS' future looks promising :) !!

BTW, since this is one of the few DAK threads, I'll post my creation I made a few hours ago.

animalkingdomflat.jpg

Edit- Hopefully I can add the volcano in a few years ;)

Sweeeet picture! It really has that wild feeling to it. Great job.

Dinoman96

Well, just a few minutes ago, I made a layout for my version of BK:

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/Dinoman96/?action=view&current=Ideal.jpg

Color Key:

Orange: Ride
Green: Gift Shop
Red: (This one speaks for itself) Restaurant (And yeah, I know I spelled it wrong on there, whoops)
Blue: Shows
Pink: Other attractions

Anyways, on to the rides/attractions/shows/etc!

Rides:

1. Dragon's Mountain: Rethemed version of the popular Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea. The new plot is that you are sent into a mining trip, only to be knocked into the dragon's territories..and he's not happy at all about it either.

2. Voyage of the Kraken: Rethemed version of Tokyo DisneySea's version of 20K. While diving into the forboding lake, you come face to face with the mighty Kraken himself.

3. PhoeNix Flying coaster: See here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=466382 . Would be build on the by-then abadoned FOTLK backstage

Gift Shops:

1. Dragon's Treasures: Gift shop inside Dragon's Moutain. Includes various merchandise related to dragons (There would be one shirt that would have all the dragons Disney made, including the dragon from the ride)

2. The Kraken's horde: Themed to be the Kraken's stash of treasure. Various Atlantis and Kraken themed merchandise would be found here

3. Gifts of the Phoenixes: See link above. At this point, FOTLK, instead of being closed down, would be moved to Rafiki's Planet Watch, due to its popularity. So, the gift shop would be build on the former theater. Sells Phoenix related merchandise

4. Unicorn Cart: A cart that sells Unicorn related merchandise. Would be found near the exit of Quest for the Unicorn.

5. King Herloon's gifts: The largest shop of the land. It has a lot of merchandise based on medieval ages and mythological creatures (Oh, and btw, King Herloon is the name of the current kind, wise, king of the land)

Restaurant:

1 and only: Ferno Restaurant: Similar to Vulcanis from TDS, this restaurant would be put inside Dragon's Mountain, and would have a more lava theme to it.

Shows:

1. Dragon talk with Treaco: Inside a cavern connected to Dragon's Mountain, would be a slightly large, but friendly dragon that will talk to guest and tell them about legends. This would use the same technology that the Talking Fountain from IOA uses.

2. Gargoyles: Battle for the Kingdom: What is considered to be one of Disney's darkest cartoon, I think the cult-classic Gargoyles could use some Representation at WDW..or any Disney theme park for that matter. Anyways, this show would talk place weeks before the first episode of the series, and would show the Gargoyles and their battle to save the kingdom they love...well, hey, my BK still has the Medieval atmosphere, and technically, Gargoyles are mythological, so, I think it could work. Also, it would be build on the former site of the Pocahontas and her forest friends show.

Other attractions:

1. Mythadex: Seeing as AK is supposed to be an educational park, my idea would be a Pokedex like item that guest could bring around the area. It would identify several AA creatures. The device could also be used on rides and attractions, such as Dragon's Mountain, Dragon Talk, and Voyage of the Kraken. Half of the animals it can identify are in the Quest for the Unicorn maze....speaking of which....

2. Quest for the Unicorn Maze: A resurrected version of the original maze from the earlier plans of BK. It would have a more mythological forest feel to it, and guest would walk by several AA legendary creatures living their life. A few scenes would include a family of Griffins eating, and above a bridge, one could see the Loch ness monster, swimming through the lake. Quest are sent into the mythological unknown to find the legendary golden horn Unicorn, which, instead of the normal unicorns (Which are a common species in the land, btw), it has a golden horn, hence its name.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom