Beastly Kingdom Is Back

mcjaco

So...no unicorns or dragons? :(

Not likely.

Ok, so basically, from what I have been able to gather from what little information real insiders have posted to this thread is.....

Beastly Kingdom is still dead in all shapes and sizes.

Some ideas and/or attractions from the original proposed idea may or may not make it into DAK.

There is essentially no timeline for any of these rumored projects.

Is this about right?

It's not dead per se. It's just really being rethought. Yes. And Yes.

They all start out as rumors at some point, well except the Yeti refurb, everyone did a great job keeping their mouth shut on that one. :lol:

I was actually told they were building a second one, to replace the broken one (again back in October). I thought it a bit far fetched, but there were at least rumblings of them working on the problem, and it getting a high priority.

I will echo everyone's sentiments on Jedi. Sad to see him MIA around these parts.

jt04

Original Poster
Not Likely as in:

1. Unicorns, Dragons, and such have a shot of being in MI?

or

2. Not a chance?

I know you didn't ask me but I think it might be along the lines of the Mysterious Island movie from the 60's and the original 20K movie. Unicorns, dragons and mermaids better fit Fantasyland imo.

Giant sea creatures and lava monsters better fit MI IMO.

RSoxNo1

I keep saying, stick with the continents. Add a small European Village between Africa and Asia with some mythical animals.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It all just seemed peculiar to me. Within a weeks time there was more positive information being passed around than I can ever remember. More importantly very few words to dispute it from the insiders. It all just seemed to perfect to me. I guess I'm just to much of a skeptic. Maybe I'm looking for a reason for why all of a sudden, when one really does not exist.
Yep. The timing is impeccable. What I do know is what is public now is still less than half what I understood to be approaching green a year ago. And now it seems amber (okay... red for you yanks) - something was going to break sooner rather than later with management directives and changes and the 40th only 26 month away. Personally I`m a little surprised this is all that`s out there. Spread the love for the 40th was what I was thinking. There is still time yet I know. But `74 is right - the Fland project is far larger than what I expected, and the biggest (and most expensive) project of all the ones I Know about. DAK has been up and down like, well, something that goes up and down a lot. Land prep in January clearly didn`t happen. I`ve been told it is imminent ever since. Being 4000 miles away I can`t just peek and check sadly. It`s been on and off so much it seems to be still on hold, maybe even bumped down the queue now. Remember the whole JC/PotC/HM/HOP/SM fiasco? Looks like DAK is going through the exact same thing. So far as I know, BK is dead. MI was the way forward to kill Potter. Maybe priorities have changed. I know a few other issues holding up MI are or are close to being resolved. It`s the usual sign on the dotted line again.

And to think they can`t find a few dollars to animate some triangles and add some music...

RSoxNo1

Is there even any room there?

Also, I'm pretty sure Dinoland isn't a continent.

Yeah, there's a lot of room, maybe not for an ambitious e-ticket but the area between Africa and Asia is pretty large. It's also quiet and they may not want to disrupt that.

Dinoland isn't a continent but Dinoland USA is. That being said, I'd like to see it renamed Dinoland, have Dinorama removed and rethemed to an Australia area and Camp Minnie Mickey renamed to America or North America and maintain that adirondack theming.

Dinoman96

Yeah, there's a lot of room, maybe not for an ambitious e-ticket but the area between Africa and Asia is pretty large. It's also quiet and they may not want to disrupt that.

Dinoland isn't a continent but Dinoland USA is. That being said, I'd like to see it renamed Dinoland, have Dinorama removed and rethemed to an Australia area and Camp Minnie Mickey renamed to America or North America and maintain that adirondack theming.

That would make Dinoland a little skinny though. Like I said, replace it entirely with something better (*coughexcavatorcough*), or re-theme it. Maybe a fossil themed area.

EPCOT Explorer

Yep. The timing is impeccable. What I do know is what is public now is still less than half what I understood to be approaching green a year ago. And now it seems amber (okay... red for you yanks) - something was going to break sooner rather than later with management directives and changes and the 40th only 26 month away. Personally I`m a little surprised this is all that`s out there. Spread the love for the 40th was what I was thinking. There is still time yet I know. But `74 is right - the Fland project is far larger than what I expected, and the biggest (and most expensive) project of all the ones I Know about. DAK has been up and down like, well, something that goes up and down a lot. Land prep in January clearly didn`t happen. I`ve been told it is imminent ever since. Being 4000 miles away I can`t just peek and check sadly. It`s been on and off so much it seems to be still on hold, maybe even bumped down the queue now. Remember the whole JC/PotC/HM/HOP/SM fiasco? Looks like DAK is going through the exact same thing. So far as I know, BK is dead. MI was the way forward to kill Potter. Maybe priorities have changed. I know a few other issues holding up MI are or are close to being resolved. It`s the usual sign on the dotted line again.

And to think they can`t find a few dollars to animate some triangles and add some music...

Interesting...:(/:lol:

And the last sentance!?:fork: WHEN!?:(

tirian

Basically, yeah. Disney's new E-ticket coaster was built internally, and only decision makers are allowed to ride it.

No kidding. :lol:

RSoxNo1

That would make Dinoland a little skinny though. Like I said, replace it entirely with something better (*coughexcavatorcough*), or re-theme it. Maybe a fossil themed area.

So Dinoland USA becomes the original layout of the land. If you want to put in the Excavator, or perhaps a dark ride that goes through other extinct animals. I won't get too much further into arm chair imagineering but Australia makes quite a bit of sense, and splitting up Dino-Rama into Dinoland and Australia could be fantastic.

Basically, yeah. Disney's new E-ticket coaster was built internally, and only decision makers are allowed to ride it.

No kidding. :lol:

When you guys are talking about the fiasco of the MK attractions, I assume you're talking about the refurbs in some capacity?

Dinoman96

I know you didn't ask me but I think it might be along the lines of the Mysterious Island movie from the 60's and the original 20K movie. Unicorns, dragons and mermaids better fit Fantasyland imo.

Giant sea creatures and lava monsters better fit MI IMO.

Yes, but it has been treated as an exact clone of MI would fit the Mythological category. But when people first think of Mythological creatures, they usually think Dragons, Unicorns, Griffins, Phoenixes, etc etc, not weird lava monster things.

WDWFREAK53

Dinoland isn't a continent but Dinoland USA is.

Not to be picky...but it's not a continent...it's a country.

Dinoland America would be a continent...because it could incorporate ALL of North or South America.

My ideal situation would be to keep Africa and Asia as is, Retheme Camp Minnie/Mickey to NOT "Beastly Kingdom" but a European area that focuses on the Mythical creatures and folklore due to the fact that Europe doesn't really have any "continent-specific" animals.
Greek mythology, Loch Ness, etc.

Add Australia to that land cleared between Everest and the rest of Asia... (Complete with Ayer's Rock...the Outback...and Great Barrier Reef).

Get rid of the "Theater in the Wild" and Dinorama...and break it into two small lands that act as one. South American rainforest and a North American area with bears, buffalo, woodland creatures, etc. This could all lead into the smaller Dinoland area with "Dinosaur!", the Boneyard, and the new Excavator. (I think it would be cool if the Boneyard play area was redone...and incorporated in between the Excavator coaster...so kids could "play" in the digsite while the Excavator zooms around them.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom