Beastly Kingdom Is Back

Oriolesmagic

It still would not give us much info as to when they will break ground as we do not know how far along they are in the actual plans for the attractions.

Agreed, I've heard this rumor plenty of times. I believe it when I see Martin say something more than cryptic talk...not that we all don't love it Martin!:lol::lookaroun

mcjaco

From what I was told, this version would be heavily themed around JTTCOE. I believe Martin had heard the same things.

Again, this was almost nine months ago when I last heard of it.

DocMcHulk

:lol:

You're logic is insane. There is no "news" yet. Fantasyland has not been approved. Is it the front runner? Yes. But it is getting stiff competition from the Adventure proposal.
I clearly missed something. What "Adventure proposal"? A link to a prior message board thread would be fine.

Missing20K

Ok, so basically, from what I have been able to gather from what little information real insiders have posted to this thread is.....

Beastly Kingdom is still dead in all shapes and sizes.

Some ideas and/or attractions from the original proposed idea may or may not make it into DAK.

There is essentially no timeline for any of these rumored projects.

Is this about right?

DocMcHulk

This will be the last time I put this out there, because I'm really backing off from the forums... Gone are the days when a known troll can be banned rather than embraced as a contributing member when nothing but conflict follows in the wake of his posts. I still don't understand where his base for personally attacking longtime members like myself came from, but he among others has given me plenty reason to step back. I came to this thread by request of the OP and have fulfilled that request. Now, I'm done--end rant. :wave:
I, for one, have and will continue to deeply appreciate the insight you have provided over my few years year. I've been mostly a reader, but I think it's been great. I hope you keep it up.

nibblesandbits

Those of us that used to be active here have been deterred by all of the trolls, bickering and negativity... I know I've chosen to stay away because of the hundreds of threads that have popped up in recent months that are exactly like this monstrosity... :shrug:

I've heard no rumors about Frontierland or Adventureland, but I wouldn't consider any Animal Kingdom expansion a sure deal yet. In fact, I wouldn't consider anything truth at this point until construction begins... :shrug:

Trust me when I say that Dinoland is the last problem Walt Disney World will consider dealing with anytime soon. It does what it was designed to do, and has fit the criteria set for it. There won't be any major work on Dinoland (as a whole) for some time.

I hate to be the one to say this, but there isn't any exclusivity contract with B&M regarding Flyers as far as I've been told. The only deal of that type that was ever made between Busch Entertainment and B&M was with the Dive Machines while Sheikra and Griffon were being developed.

Manta was a single contract and while another Busch park may receive something similar, B&M is good and free to distribute their product in whatever way they see fit.

And just for the record, I don't think we'll ever see a flying coaster from any manufacturer, whether it is Vekoma, Zamperla or B&M make its way onto Disney property, considering that most of their elements and sensations are far more thrilling and far larger in scale than Disney is used to handling. Thats not to say that they can't, more to say that they most likely won't... But I've been wrong before. I never would have guessed that Disney would have built a half pipe coaster, let alone two-three... :shrug:

I've done two so far, the first being Batwing at Six Flags America and the second being Nighthawk at Carowinds. Batwing wasn't amazing, but wasn't terrible--it was just there... Nighthawk was truly awful. My jaw and shoulders completely agree. :brick:

You've summed it up quite well, and rather than continue my futile efforts to make the point proven, I'll just end it here.

I truly miss the days where a troll was banned once and for all... :rolleyes:

Like was said before, and I'll say it for the last time, he has been a member of this forum too many times. With former usernames including Ghostbusters, Arch Angel, Lewis Carroll, among others, he posts with an all-too-offensive, grinding overtone that has pushed some of the more respected users away from the forums. His information, at least in the past has been found to be compiled from other forums and "borrowed" from other posters in order to claim insight in whatever way he can. He is known to insult without right or reason and belittle those that seem to oppose his "information" and can also be extremely defensive when it comes to his "supported views."

This will be the last time I put this out there, because I'm really backing off from the forums... Gone are the days when a known troll can be banned rather than embraced as a contributing member when nothing but conflict follows in the wake of his posts. I still don't understand where his base for personally attacking longtime members like myself came from, but he among others has given me plenty reason to step back. I came to this thread by request of the OP and have fulfilled that request. Now, I'm done--end rant. :wave:
Jedi, I am sad to see that you have been turned away by such behavior as has been portrayed in these types of threads as of late.

I too agree with you that my time on these forums have become less and less because of the constant bickering. I understand those who disagree and that's fine, but this constant "push and shove" match going on between certain members is really getting old.

I only hope that this doesn't continue for too much longer because it is terrible that long standing members are being driven away by the crap that has been around as of late.

Missing20K

I too agree with you that my time on these forums have become less and less because of the constant bickering. I understand those who disagree and that's fine, but this constant "push and shove" match going on between certain members is really getting old.

I only hope that this doesn't continue for too much longer because it is terrible that long standing members are being driven away by the crap that has been around as of late.

Hear, Hear!! :sohappy:

jt04

Original Poster
Ok, so basically, from what I have been able to gather from what little information real insiders have posted to this thread is.....

Beastly Kingdom is still dead in all shapes and sizes.

Some ideas and/or attractions from the original proposed idea may or may not make it into DAK.

There is essentially no timeline for any of these rumored projects.

Is this about right?

The MK additions and DTD adds were just nebulous rumors at one point too. It's quite possible Disney floats these "trial balloons" to get feedback on ideas circulating through the halls of WDI. And it's much cheaper than a formal paid survey! :)

And I for one, am happy to add my two cents!

jt04

Original Poster
I really hope Disney just doesn't play it safe and completely clone MI from TDS.....

Hopefully I'm wrong but...:/

I don't mind because it saves money for other projects, And it's obvious the queue, M&G and backstory can be entirely different.

Missing20K

The MK additions and DTD adds were just nebulous rumors at one point too. It's quite possible Disney floats these "trial balloons" to get feedback on ideas circulating through the halls of WDI. And it's much cheaper than a formal paid survey! :)

And I for one, am happy to add my two cents!

Oh, I know, I didn't mean to come across as crass. Just trying to get a handle on the information. They all start out as rumors at some point, well except the Yeti refurb, everyone did a great job keeping their mouth shut on that one. :lol:

But our own insiders, as well as other blogs, have flat out stated the Beastly Kingdom concept is dead. Yet the title of this thread continues to be Beastly Kingdom is Back. I have been on the boards sparingly these last weeks (mostly because the atmosphere has really devolved) so forgive me if I come on, see this thread title, read through not only the thread, but also the site you mentioned, and a couple other blogs, and find it a bit misleading.

And with such a large fanbase, and so many blogs and forums devoted to the subject, I'm sure Disney employs individuals whose sole purpose is to "propagandize" (both positively and negatively) the public, both fanbois and general, alike.

jt04

Original Poster
Oh, I know, I didn't mean to come across as crass. Just trying to get a handle on the information. They all start out as rumors at some point, well except the Yeti refurb, everyone did a great job keeping their mouth shut on that one. :lol:

But our own insiders, as well as other blogs, have flat out stated the Beastly Kingdom concept is dead. Yet the title of this thread continues to be Beastly Kingdom is Back. I have been on the boards sparingly these last weeks (mostly because the atmosphere has really devolved) so forgive me if I come on, see this thread title, read through not only the thread, but also the site you mentioned, and a couple other blogs, and find it a bit misleading.

And with such a large fanbase, and so many blogs and forums devoted to the subject, I'm sure Disney employs individuals whose sole purpose is to "propagandize" (both positively and negatively) the public, both fanbois and general, alike.

The title of this thread was entirely tongue n cheek. And I should know. :lookaroun

Spending more time here will help you get the "inside jokes". Did I tell you the one about the ladder, the refurb and a man who called himself Merf? :zipit:

Monorail_Orange

That RFID concept fails to impress me. Universal already tried that 20 years ago and nobody liked it. I don't want winnie & the gang personally greeting each and every guest.

oh and thats not a reputable source. I would stick with '74 and Leemac if I were you.

Not to get into an argument, but do you have any new material? Or are you just sticking with what works for you?

imagineer boy

Jedi, I am sad to see that you have been turned away by such behavior as has been portrayed in these types of threads as of late.

I agree, but I think people seem to be ignoring the "report post to moderator" function. If someone starts a fight, simply report their post and a moderator will deal with it.

nibblesandbits

I agree, but I think people seem to be ignoring the "report post to moderator" function. If someone starts a fight, simply report their post and a moderator will deal with it.
The thing is, I'm sure it's been done. Many times...:( It's just sad to see such a great forum disenegrating because of a p is sing match going on and I for one am getting VERY sick of it.

I can understand disagreements, but we've gone away from the realm of disagreements...when it starts turning off long time members, we've gone way past disagreements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom