Beastly Kingdom Is Back

EPCOT Explorer

Well, if Rasulo hadn't of spent all the development millions on DAK After Dark/Rivers of Light only to kill it for the boutique animal park, which died quickly ... maybe something would be coming to DAK soon.

A lot of $$$ got spent with nothing to show for it.
:brick: So, if it was developed, why not use it!? That baffles me.

Captain Chaos

Well, if Rasulo hadn't of spent all the development millions on DAK After Dark/Rivers of Light only to kill it for the boutique animal park, which died quickly ... maybe something would be coming to DAK soon.

A lot of $$$ got spent with nothing to show for it.

Isn't that a good enough reason to take the decision making power away from this buffoon??

Captain Chaos

:brick: So, if it was developed, why not use it!? That baffles me.

Rasulo reminds me of Lonn Trost, the guy employed by the New York Yankees and who created their new stadium... He took a perfectly fine Yankee Stadium, and had a very nice replacement built.. However, he built it to cater to his rich friends... To those who had money.. Not to the normal, eevry day fan.. Rasulo, with the decision to to the boutique park, seems to me to have wanted to do the same thing.. Take plans that would have brought enjoyment to many (middle class and rich), scrap them, and make something for those with MORE MONEY or suckers who are willing to part with their money for what is supposed to me a great experience only to find it lacking in substance.. :mad:

juan

Again, I'll repeat this as this thread goes 853 posts ... but DAK's lead creative exec (Joe Rohde) is working on a DVC/Hotel mixed use resort on Oahu and on a new land for HKDL

There are more people in WDI that have dealt with DAK other than Joe. I personally know someone that was higher up the ladder when DAK had big projects like E:E. Just because he isn't there, doesn't mean another higher up exec could take his place.

EPCOT Explorer

Isn't that a good enough reason to take the decision making power away from this buffoon??
You would think!:lol:
Rasulo reminds me of Lonn Trost, the guy employed by the New York Yankees and who created their new stadium... He took a perfectly fine Yankee Stadium, and had a very nice replacement built.. However, he built it to cater to his rich friends... To those who had money.. Not to the normal, eevry day fan.. Rasulo, with the decision to to the boutique park, seems to me to have wanted to do the same thing.. Take plans that would have brought enjoyment to many (middle class and rich), scrap them, and make something for those with MORE MONEY or suckers who are willing to part with their money for what is supposed to me a great experience only to find it lacking in substance.. :mad:

And interesting take...I never got how "Night Kingdom" was so "Disney unique" anyway. Most likely why it failed.

Captain Chaos

You would think!:lol:

And interesting take...I never got how "Night Kingdom" was so "Disney unique" anyway. Most likely why it failed.

It is the best take I could think of... Best way to compare it to something I know a little something about lol.. If you watch a Yankee home game, there are lots of empty seats in the most expensive, and I do mean EXTREMELY expensive seats... Got to be embarassing for them to show so many empty seats at a home game for a team only 1 game out of first and leading for the wild card... But, Lonn Trost killed the experience for the casual fan.... Same way Rasulo is killing the parks for the casual Disney visitor...

plutoismyhero

It is the best take I could think of... Best way to compare it to something I know a little something about lol.. If you watch a Yankee home game, there are lots of empty seats in the most expensive, and I do mean EXTREMELY expensive seats... Got to be embarassing for them to show so many empty seats at a home game for a team only 1 game out of first and leading for the wild card... But, Lonn Trost killed the experience for the casual fan.... Same way Rasulo is killing the parks for the casual Disney visitor...

Do you really think they are KILLING the parks for the casual disney visitor.....i dont think that at all...granted im not a casual visitor...but still

WDWFREAK53

Makes sense, seeing they are committed else where.

I'm just glad the MK is "else where".:D And, after some thinking, DAK DID just get E:E 3 years ago. Seeing that it's huge, and only open till 5 or so, it's fine....for now.

In a few years though...It'll need it.

But again, if they expanded a new land that is "away from the animals" that is immersive and can get repeat visitors in...wouldn't it be worth it to put the money into the project and allow it to be open until 8 or 9? CM-M isn't near most of the animals...so putting a huge land there with a little for everyone would allow the park to stay open later without disturbing the animals.

If you close down Africa and Asia up until Everest...you have plenty of attractions that remain open.

You really are only closing the Pangani, Maharajah, Kali, Flights of Wonder, and the Safari.

I know this is a very "basic" way to figure this out...but if the average family spends $60/day at the park...and you break that down per hour...that's $7.50/hour...now if you have the park open for an additional 4 hours, that average family is spending $90. Seems worth it to me.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow 230 posts and only about 10 posts being worth anything (this not being one of them). Most of the rest are nothing but mindless bickering amongst the usual culprits. Many thanks to Martin, Lee, Adam and WDW1974 for the informative posts in this thread. Hope you guys outlast one of the worst summer vacations on record.

WDWFREAK53

Wow 230 +-/ posts and only about 10 posts being worth anything (this not being one of them). Most of the rest are nothing but mindless bickering amongst the usual culprits. Many thanks to Martin, Lee, Adam and WDW1974 for the informative posts in this thread. Hope you guys outlast one of the worst summer vacations on record.

(No +/- needed...you were exactly 230) :lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

But again, if they expanded a new land that is "away from the animals" that is immersive and can get repeat visitors in...wouldn't it be worth it to put the money into the project and allow it to be open until 8 or 9? CM-M isn't near most of the animals...so putting a huge land there with a little for everyone would allow the park to stay open later without disturbing the animals.

If you close down Africa and Asia up until Everest...you have plenty of attractions that remain open.

You really are only closing the Pangani, Maharajah, Kali, Flights of Wonder, and the Safari.

I know this is a very "basic" way to figure this out...but if the average family spends $60/day at the park...and you break that down per hour...that's $7.50/hour...now if you have the park open for an additional 4 hours, that average family is spending $90. Seems worth it to me.

Right. Of course it would be worth it! Any expansion is worth it....I'm just wondering if it's easier or harder at times to build something entirely new.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
BK. I've heard nothing of MI.

You're guess is as good as mine. I haven't heard a thing since October, so I'm really skeptical of this whole thing, and as WDW74 pointed out, there's way too much money flying out the door with all these "projects."
I am skeptical as well however this is a very good time for Disney to spend money on construction. Material cost is pretty good right now and labor costs are way down. I know of quite a few contractors that are doing jobs at near cost just to keep the doors open. The same will not be true in a couple of years.

mcjaco

I am skeptical as well however this is a very good time for Disney to spend money on construction. Material cost is pretty good right now and labor costs are way down. I know of quite a few contractors that are doing jobs at near cost just to keep the doors open. The same will not be true in a couple of years.

Economically speaking it would make sense to start all the projects. I just don't see them tearing up two of the four parks in the next couple of years, with attendance where it's at without anything new.

I heard rumblings waaaaay back in October that BK was being dicsusses at meetings fairlyr regularly, but that was the last I heard of it. Now whether they had plans that were pretty good to go, I don't see a eight to nine month turn around from discussions to green light.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Economically speaking it would make sense to start all the projects. I just don't see them tearing up two of the four parks in the next couple of years, with attendance where it's at without anything new.

I heard rumblings waaaaay back in October that BK was being dicsusses at meetings fairlyr regularly, but that was the last I heard of it. Now whether they had plans that were pretty good to go, I don't see a eight to nine month turn around from discussions to green light.
Anything is possible. It all depends on what was talked about. If projects were already fleshed out and just needed finishing then I could see the turn around. But if these projects were nothing more than concept art and storyboards 8 months ago then there is little chance of them breaking ground before 2010 unless them have been going full tilt bozo on the plans.

jt04

Original Poster
Anything is possible. It all depends on what was talked about. If projects were already fleshed out and just needed finishing then I could see the turn around. But if these projects were nothing more than concept art and storyboards 8 months ago then there is little chance of them breaking ground before 2010 unless them have been going full tilt bozo on the plans.

Another source is saying that Martin has it right and it's near approval. Basically MI with more mythical creatures. And it won't be called BK.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Another source is saying that Martin has it right and it's near approval. Basically MI with more mythical creatures. And it won't be called BK.
It still would not give us much info as to when they will break ground as we do not know how far along they are in the actual plans for the attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom