alissafalco

This thread is for discussion of specific elements of the AVATAR project. Attraction possibilities, locations, budgets, timescales etc.

IT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSING WHETHER YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THE PROJECT. That thread can be found here http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=803695

Any off-topic posts will be removed. Thanks for your help in making this a useful thread.

There's too many rules on this thread for me.. Peace out!

Patricia Melton

I think we need to look at Pandora -- the World of Avatar" and see how it compares to the complete picture of a Potterland that will span two parks at Universal and include the areas that are in IoA as well as the expansion that is underway where Jaws used to be, including the train ride that will link them.

As junky as I think the Universal parks are, I think there will be nothing on the planet like the Potter experience at Universal. When the expansion opens, I plan on spending a whole day at Universal's Potterland on future Florida trips. I doubt we'll extend our stay in Florida by an extra day, so one of the days we spent at WDW will in the future be spend at Universal's expanded Potterland because it will be fun to ride the train between the two parks and explore both sides of the Potter world. This is the only thing that would ever get me to set foot in a Universal park and the only thing that would certainly get me to buy a two-park pass to Universal (presuming you need that to see both sides of the Potter attractions).

I think what Universal is building with Potterland is genius and groundbreaking and very exciting.

Can Disney top that with Pandora? No. But I think Pandora will make DAK a full day park for the people who currently don't think it is. I believe the only way to top Universal's Potterland is to completely redo DHS on an even bigger scale than the DCA makeover. I'm really stumped in terms of thinking up an attraction that would be as exciting as riding a real life Hogwarts Express between two parks...so whatever would come to the future of DHS it would have to immerse guests in a movie as well as that. I think the only property that Disney has rights to that could top Potter is Star Wars.

A massive Star Wars expansion of DHS would be the Potter Swatter if guests could feel like they would be spending a day on the different planets of Star Wars.

disney fan 13

I think we need to look at Pandora -- the World of Avatar" and see how it compares to the complete picture of a Potterland that will span two parks at Universal and include the areas that are in IoA as well as the expansion that is underway where Jaws used to be, including the train ride that will link them.

As junky as I think the Universal parks are, I think there will be nothing on the planet like the Potter experience at Universal. When the expansion opens, I plan on spending a whole day at Universal's Potterland on future Florida trips. I doubt we'll extend our stay in Florida by an extra day, so one of the days we spent at WDW will in the future be spend at Universal's expanded Potterland because it will be fun to ride the train between the two parks and explore both sides of the Potter world. This is the only thing that would ever get me to set foot in a Universal park and the only thing that would certainly get me to buy a two-park pass to Universal (presuming you need that to see both sides of the Potter attractions).

I think what Universal is building with Potterland is genius and groundbreaking and very exciting.

Can Disney top that with Pandora? No. But I think Pandora will make DAK a full day park for the people who currently don't think it is. I believe the only way to top Universal's Potterland is to completely redo DHS on an even bigger scale than the DCA makeover. I'm really stumped in terms of thinking up an attraction that would be as exciting as riding a real life Hogwarts Express between two parks...so whatever would come to the future of DHS it would have to immerse guests in a movie as well as that. I think the only property that Disney has rights to that could top Potter is Star Wars.

A massive Star Wars expansion of DHS would be the Potter Swatter if guests could feel like they would be spending a day on the different planets of Star Wars.

What?

WDW1974

Keep being skeptical and baffled. I don't understand why anything that is actually news or helpful on these forums is questioned. Just trying to help out...

Did I miss some news? Or did someone Tweet something that wasn't of any import and folks just started coloring in lines that didn't exist -- as usual?

This is so boring a football practice in August would be more fun ...

Rolight

This thread is for discussion of specific elements of the AVATAR project. Attraction possibilities, locations, budgets, timescales etc.

IT IS NOT FOR DISCUSSING WHETHER YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THE PROJECT. That thread can be found here http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=803695

Any off-topic posts will be removed. Thanks for your help in making this a useful thread.

Looking forward to this project,perhaps Disney can get a few ideas from the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympic games London. Here is a quick render to get us in the mood-
7709389716_b0db916ac3_b.jpg

jt04

And even that, they still really aren't reacting to the competition in Orlando, instead they rest on their laurels. Oh yea, that's right, to combat Potter they bring back the orange bird... That will show Universal LoL...

I am suprised you have not heard of the new (at least half a billion dollar) land they are building at WDW's Animal Kingdom park. It will be based on the highest grossing movie ever called Avatar.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That is doubtful.

I thought ToT and RnRC were reactions to IoA. As was DAK.
There wasn't a reaction to IOA. They were planned but weren't needed back then. Eisner was self admittedly scared to death with the IOA concept, but the marketing flop sadly meant WDWs counter actions were shelved.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am suprised you have not heard of the new (at least half a billion dollar) land they are building at WDW's Animal Kingdom park. It will be based on the highest grossing movie ever called Avatar.
They aren't building it yet ;)

WDWFanDave

Found this on the permits site this morning, just poking around:

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagl....pdf?id=DOC1003S36300.A0&parent=DOC1003S36300

I don't know the area well enough, but is this related, perhaps, to the relocation of the Festival of the Lion King?

EDIT: looked a little more closely...says it's for 'construction' and is being done by 'Vanson Enterprises'. The first is vague, and since I'm new to all of this, I can only see from their website that Vanson has done other work for Disney. Hopefully, good signs...

Horizonsfan

NoChesterHester

"Construction Starting" must have a pretty loose definition by some.

Big honking trucks moving earth will be the first real phase of construction. We will all know when that happens.

Pre development is far more likely. Surveys, sight balloons, geotechnical reports, soil borings, phase one enviornmentals, concept layout verifications, storm water concepts...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom