JWG

So, still haven't confirmed that anything actually happened or has started? We're relying on a rumored quote and Screamscape?

Alektronic

Isn't two-hundred feet the height limit of buildings in Florida before they'd require a blinking red light to be installed so they could be seen from planes traveling above? Maybe they're figuring out how high they could possibly build something without having to install said light, and make sure it could also be seen/look good from wherever they wanted it to be seen in the rest of the park.

200 ft is a FAA requirement not just Florida, but all 50 states

GLaDOS

How can they begin construction when the concept work hasn't even been presented?

Universal is currently building a land and 3 E-tickets without presenting concept art.

That being said, I'll be floored if construction has actually started. Would be a good sign, though.

montyz81

Presented to who?
To us, the fans! Sorry I was trying to make a joke that we hadn't seen the concept art so we could pick it apart. i am sure they want to hear from us about how unDisney like it is. Once they hear from us, then they can put their shovels in the ground!

Beholder

Perhaps all this amounts to a bunch of nothing, but, I must admit it is somewhat exciting to speculate.

Maybe, just maybe...

Lee

Adventurer
If by construction you mean some very early survey work...then, yeah.

Keep in mind, there is a LOT of work to be done to the CMM area before any real work can begin. Like moving that big theater and show, for instance.

I wouldn't get excited yet.

Jimmy Thick

How can they begin construction when the concept work hasn't even been presented?

No one knew about Avatar to begin with, chances are this info is so secret they are destroying everything after working on it and are planning strictly from people's memory.

Jimmy Thick- Rumor has it there is a ride design on a empty pizza box where a piece of stuck cheese has been implemented into the ride along with a pool of spiced tomato sauce...

jt04

Fortunately they do not face anything near the logistical issues faced at DCA. They had many more issues than just moving a small show building. That the process began almost 5 months earlier than the previous announcement is definitely exciting. I see why Lee is a Staggs fanboy now. He makes stuff happen!

Jimmy Thick

I do hope, Disney does actually have an idea of what then indend to do by now, its been how long since announced?

What Iam finding more and more puzzling is this 500 million dollar number and how they came to it and what it is all paying for, and how much will it buy. When Splash Mountain came out in 1988 I think, that cost 75 million dollars back then, so to make the same kind of attraction now would almost be double now, if not more, how much does that leave for how many new attractions?

Jimmy Thick- How much would the themeing itself cost?

jt04

I do hope, Disney does actually have an idea of what then indend to do by now, its been how long since announced?

What Iam finding more and more puzzling is this 500 million dollar number and how they came to it and what it is all paying for, and how much will it buy. When Splash Mountain came out in 1988 I think, that cost 75 million dollars back then, so to make the same kind of attraction now would almost be double now, if not more, how much does that leave for how many new attractions?

Compare it to Carsland which probably cost about the same in total dollars. Then factor in Pandora will not need near the rockwork (expensive) and that labor is cheaper in Florida (cost savings) and you can start getting an idea of what we can expect. Personally I expect something on the scale of Carsland but mostly indoors.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

My money is on it was pulled out of thin air. They needed a number large enough to excite the fans but no so large that stockholders would have a heart attack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom