Captain Chaos

How is it that news from a relatively well trusted source is being glossed over on here? I understand that there's not a lot of substance here, but considering there has been virtually no new information since last September, this surprises me.

The report I heard a while ago from an unconfirmed source was a roller coaster type attraction and a simulator. Assuming that the most simplified versions of 2 of the 3 attractions are explained, I'm curious as to what the third attraction would be. I'm guessing that it won't be a ride, but would certainly welcome a family ride without a height requirement.

Was mentioned elsewhere that there could possibly be a flying type coaster... Is that what you heard???

RSoxNo1

Was mentioned elsewhere that there could possibly be a flying type coaster... Is that what you heard???
There were rumors on here about some sort of hybrid between the Kuka Arm and the motorbike coaster. I'd also be curious to see if they can find a way to dust off the plans for the morphing coaster where the track would switch from below the rider to above the rider.

ChrisM

How is it that news from a relatively well trusted source is being glossed over on here? I understand that there's not a lot of substance here, but considering there has been virtually no new information since last September, this surprises me.

I was wondering the same thing, but simply hoping one of the resident insiders would chime in with a confirmation, rebuttal, or more detail.

I mean come on....why discuss hard news when there are 100's of pages to write in rebuttal to jt's latest vomitings?

Beholder

There were rumors on here about some sort of hybrid between the Kuka Arm and the motorbike coaster. I'd also be curious to see if they can find a way to dust off the plans for the morphing coaster where the track would switch from below the rider to above the rider.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "motorbike" coaster? I'm not sure what this is.

RSoxNo1

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the "motorbike" coaster? I'm not sure what this is.
coaster04.jpg

Captain Chaos

Wasn't that the supposed vehicle for a Tron coaster/ride and not something for Avatar??? I remember people saying this could be a design for a lightcycle... I may have missed the Avatar talk for these vehicles though...

NoChesterHester

The report I heard a while ago from an unconfirmed source was a roller coaster type attraction and a simulator. Assuming that the most simplified versions of 2 of the 3 attractions are explained, I'm curious as to what the third attraction would be. I'm guessing that it won't be a ride, but would certainly welcome a family ride without a height requirement.

My wild guess would be that the third attraction is a walk through exploration of the pandoran jungle.

KevinYee

I remember reading an interview with Tony Baxter years ago where he was talking about how they had an attraction in the works that would compete with Spiderman.... And then UNI built FJ... Then Transformers. But they will catch up with Spiderman.... Eventually! ;)

What's funny is, I think WDI could do a much better job at an Avatar attraction than UNI could, just with scope and the ability to combine edutainment and thrills. The Avengers... No.

Tony was probably talking ABOUT Forbidden Journey. The project was shopped to WDI before Uni Creative, and many of the things eventually built were worked up at WDI before that contract fell through.

MarkTwain

Adaptation of Soarin' technology?

That means the hang-gliding vehicles will be themed differently.

Although I'm cautious about what "adapation" could mean, I think even the idea of putting the Soarin vehicle on a track and moving it through a mixture of screens and live sets would be considered a relatively simple adaptation. And would make a great attraction. Don't forget that a flume can be a Gran Fiesta Tour or a Pirates of the Caribbean.

TalkingHead

Although I'm cautious about what "adapation" could mean, I think even the idea of putting the Soarin vehicle on a track and moving it through a mixture of screens and live sets would be considered a relatively simple adaptation. And would make a great attraction. Don't forget that a flume can be a Gran Fiesta Tour or a Pirates of the Caribbean.

The less similar to Soarin', the better. I hope the "adaptation" involves moving along a track, or at least more than watching one screen the whole time.

(Or at the very least, maybe they could do something about the loading area with the screen sitting there that does nothing to hide the fact that the ride is a simulator.)

bstiles

Whatever attraction they wind up building it has to be a people eater. All the major rides they have at AK are slow loading rides per hour.

WDW1974

I read that and tried twice to post with gremlins (or maybe one of my many real-world enemies, really!) playing as the computer ate the post twice.

The info is pretty much what I have heard. E-Ticket signature based on Soarin (who told you this first?) A C-Ticket ride, possibly boat, that will be hyped as more. And a carnie ride like a spinner. Food and beverage and retail. That's it.

But the REAL news is buried in the lead and no one has commented on that:
"It marks an interesting turning point for Disney's Animal Kingdom this week...

Because it's the start of researching the feasibility of the massive mini-park that they plan on constructing there. My Bothans told me that the design phase of the project has settled to the point where they have a general idea of what will come of this blue sky period."

WDW1974

What the above means is that Disney is just starting blue skying ... and not in any way ready for groundbreaking, unless they're just going to move dirt like Flamingo Crossing.

And feasibility research also can be read to mean ''they're seeing if it's even possible -- or possible with the $400-500 million budget -- to actually build this at all.''

That's what you should have taken from Honor's blog post.

WDW1974

Tony was probably talking ABOUT Forbidden Journey. The project was shopped to WDI before Uni Creative, and many of the things eventually built were worked up at WDI before that contract fell through.

I don't know the exact ride, but I would bet you it was the one planned based on The incredibles.

The ride system was virtually the same.

When JK came to WDI, their big attraction was basically a version of TSMM with wands and in a much more themed.immersive enviornment.

yensidtlaw1969

When JK came to WDI, their big attraction was basically a version of TSMM with wands and in a much more themed.immersive enviornment.

I would LOVE to hear more about THAT. Not much has been detailed about what Disney wanted to do with Potter. At least, not that I've been able to find.

Not much on that Incredibles attraction, either. Could you shed some light on what their plan was?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom