August 2011 Roll Calls

dixiegirl

So I will say this if there is already an August roll call in progress , I appologize, direct me there! I did search an came up empty!

So I am starting this one! We're all booked , staying at our Home DVC resort SSR!!! Going with my Babe , two girls , Nephew and wife. Our Nephew has'nt been back to Disney since 2006 so there's lots of new stuff for him and his wife to see !
We'll be there the 20th -27th.
I have'nt been to disney in August since 2000 , we've always done September , but with our Oldest in middle school, way to much work for her to play make up!
But thats ok, we're still getting our fix!
Anyone else hop on August Roll call!!

And yes I'll take the Heat and humidity any day over crowds!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Well booked Chef Mickeys so far, I can't get over the price though( yes we've done it before past 10rs)...For freaking breakfast!!! Oh well its Disney!

Lets see what else.....

Upvote 0

Gracy_hm

Count me in!

Me 25 Years old and my exfiance and best friend ever Kate 24 going for a vacation on August 28-September 3'rd. Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah View Room.

Aug 28-Queen Victorias Room Dinner
Aug 29'th-Brown Derby and Flying Fish
August 30-Via Napoli and the new Le Cellier Dinner menu
August-31-Yak and Yeti TS and Jiko
September 1 Raglan Road and California Grill
September 2-Narcoossee's Dinner and lunch with the Spa treatment at GF
Septemeber 3-Morning Room Service and then head home.

Can't wait to be back unlike some once I enter Disney my body feels nothing as I have reached Nirvana. Because of this heat has no effect as I float through the parks in a state of bliss filled to the brim with dole whips and giggles (giggles are not a food....yet)

Can't wait hope everyone has so much fun! Love to all.

Kyle
First non Value resort trip!

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Thank- you.. Boma it is, I read that alot of people like Sanna (sp?), the menu didn't look appealing to kids so I'll check out Boma ... thank-you so much. I'll check out 1900 Park Fare too... this is all so overwhelming.... but soooooo much fun !!:sohappy:
No problem! It can be overwhelming for sure. But planning pays off. Let me know if you need any help at all. I am happy to help!

Upvote 0

SeaCastle

Me 25 Years old and my exfiance and best friend ever Kate 24 going for a vacation on August 28-September 3'rd. Staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah View Room.

Aug 28-Queen Victorias Room Dinner
Aug 29'th-Brown Derby and Flying Fish
August 30-Via Napoli and the new Le Cellier Dinner menu
August-31-Yak and Yeti TS and Jiko
September 1 Raglan Road and California Grill
September 2-Narcoossee's Dinner and lunch with the Spa treatment at GF
Septemeber 3-Morning Room Service and then head home.

Can't wait to be back unlike some once I enter Disney my body feels nothing as I have reached Nirvana. Because of this heat has no effect as I float through the parks in a state of bliss filled to the brim with dole whips and giggles (giggles are not a food....yet)

Can't wait hope everyone has so much fun! Love to all.

Kyle
First non Value resort trip!

Your trip dates are the same as ours...I hope you guys have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

metallicaham

August 21-29

Third trip with family in three years. Son now 5, and Daughter now 3. My crazy intent to have them grow up Disney. Coming back this year on a Dining Plan bounceback, and staying at the last of the mods for us - Caribbean Beach.

Here's what we have so far:
  • 8/21 - 1 Night at Downtown Disney
  • 8/22 - Bibbidy Bobbidy and Epcot w/ Kim Possible, Dinner at Akershus
  • 8/23 - MK (EM Morning) and Epcot
  • 8/24 - Epcot and MK, Dinner at Chef Mickeys
  • 8/25 - MK and Epcot
  • 8/26 - AK and Studios, Lunch at Hollywood and Vine
  • 8/27 - Studios and MK, Dinner at Crystal Palace
  • 8/28 - Epcot and Studios, Lunch at Le Cellier (for mom and dad), dinner at Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinning Pkg)
  • 8/29 - O'hana
Way's to go!

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

Arriving (late) Aug 15 and leaving (early) Aug 21st. Staying at POFQ
Travelling with DD, DH, DGD and self (SIL can't come this year)
The best part is that both DH and DGD don't have a clue we're going!! We had decided not to go this year, and instead take a driving trip to Tennessee (home), then we started having really bad "withdrawal" and decided to take two weeks and go to WDW for a shorter than we usually take trip. BUT, we haven't told ( and aren't going to tell) DH and DGD that we're going to WDW!! Of course, he's going to figure it out after we take our first "wrong turn", but until then, the trip is secret!!
Did my ADR's online back at 180 days out..worked really slick
But,as with last year, we're "in between" the free dining times.
Got ADR's at Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Tuskar House, 1900 Park Fare ( both breakfast and dinner-different days of course) and Ohana for breakfast..all of our faves.
We've been going in October when it's cooler and lighter crowds ( although the lighter crowds weren't the case last year), but we have to go in August this year if we're going.
I'll really miss the the MNSSHP though..that's such a highlight for us

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I may be posting a little prematurely, but I figure I already have all of our dining booked and DH green-lighted the trip - so why not :shrug: I put in an email to our travel agent late Thursday to work on WDW lodging booking for Aug 14 -18 (I'm so impatient I may even call and book myself!). Air prices have killed two of our other trips :cry:, so we're probably going to drive for this one- but it will make a nice belated trip for me and I can't wait to celebrate our older one's 5th bday at WDW (we're a week apart). :sohappy: She's going to be SOOOOOOOO surprised. As far as both girls will know, we'll just be driving to FL to visit grandma and grandpa. :D

Upvote 0

HuxterFamily

First Trip to Disney

We will be there from August 19th to September 2. This is our fist trip to Florida and we are traveling with another family. We are staying at Pop Century and are anxiously counting down the days.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom