August 2011 Roll Calls

dixiegirl

So I will say this if there is already an August roll call in progress , I appologize, direct me there! I did search an came up empty!

So I am starting this one! We're all booked , staying at our Home DVC resort SSR!!! Going with my Babe , two girls , Nephew and wife. Our Nephew has'nt been back to Disney since 2006 so there's lots of new stuff for him and his wife to see !
We'll be there the 20th -27th.
I have'nt been to disney in August since 2000 , we've always done September , but with our Oldest in middle school, way to much work for her to play make up!
But thats ok, we're still getting our fix!
Anyone else hop on August Roll call!!

And yes I'll take the Heat and humidity any day over crowds!!

mickeysshoes

Wow. 141 days for me.
Does anyone else feel like August is HORRIBLY far away?

OH YES....140 days to go and its right around the corner and so far off. I hope to have our trip paid in full in the next 20 days and that will make it feel so much more real. :)zipit: dont tell the DD ---- DH and my room is PAID IN FULL...but theirs is not!!!!! :lol::ROFLOL::lol:)

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

8/19-8/25 at WL with free dining. We booked back in Dec. Aug. still feels a long way off.

We will be there the same exact dates!!! But we will be over at the Boardwalk Inn. (if my husband had is way we would have been with you at the WL....but i talked him into trying something new!!) Enjoy our home away from home!!!

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

Just extended our August trip 3 more nights. We will now be checking into the Polynesian on the 10 and then switching over to our BLT stay the 13. That's the 10-21, 11 nights in the world. Yeehaw!! This will beat our longest trip so far that had been 10 nights. :sohappy::D:sohappy:

Upvote 0

PeoplemoverTTA

I do I do!!!

Surprisingly, I don't :lol: We booked our trip at 367 days out, so the current 128 seems like just around the corner! I keep telling my family, "Once we get to Memorial Day, it'll fly by." Since Christmas, I'd say, it really has flown by.

Kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld "After sleeping and showers, it's really only like 5 minutes" :lol:

Upvote 0

Bri1121

We are technically leaving in July but will be there mostly in August!! We leave July 30- Aug 7th!! Celebrating DD 7th bday there!! Shhh the kids have no clue!!
3 months 2 weeks and 3 days!!!

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

128 days to work and wait.........:brick:

I feel the exact same way. I keep trying to come up with fun things to do in the meantime to take my mind off of it, but it's just not working.

My BF and I are going to throw ourselfs a "double digits" party, probably involving paying off our trip and making a Mickey cake. :lol: But besides that... nothing but waiting!

Upvote 0

comics101

I was gonna start a new thread but I might as well just ask here...what are crowd levels like in August? We're looking at arriving probably around August 9 and are hoping crowds will have died down a bit by then...

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I was gonna start a new thread but I might as well just ask here...what are crowd levels like in August? We're looking at arriving probably around August 9 and are hoping crowds will have died down a bit by then...

It is still pretty crowded in early August. Crowds start to die down significantly around the 2nd to 3rd week in August once schools in the south head back to school for the year.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Crowds are much better once you hit later in the second and 3rd week of August. Free dining starts on 8/19 so you will need to make ADR soon if you have places you really want to eat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom