August 2011 Roll Calls

dixiegirl

So I will say this if there is already an August roll call in progress , I appologize, direct me there! I did search an came up empty!

So I am starting this one! We're all booked , staying at our Home DVC resort SSR!!! Going with my Babe , two girls , Nephew and wife. Our Nephew has'nt been back to Disney since 2006 so there's lots of new stuff for him and his wife to see !
We'll be there the 20th -27th.
I have'nt been to disney in August since 2000 , we've always done September , but with our Oldest in middle school, way to much work for her to play make up!
But thats ok, we're still getting our fix!
Anyone else hop on August Roll call!!

And yes I'll take the Heat and humidity any day over crowds!!

Doombuggy13

Hey our first AUGUST trip. My wife and I and our three sons, 13,10, & 5 from 8/25-30 at POR. People think we're nuts for going in August but hey, we're a waterparks family so TL & BB during the day and the other parks at night when it is cooler.

Upvote 0

TxNewsies

We just booked our August trip last night! We are going July 31 through Aug 5 staying at POFQ. It is our first time in the French Quarter, we have stayed at Riverside. What I am most looking forward to is friends joining us this trip! I get to go to WDW with my best friend since childhood, a close friend who has never been and my brother who hasn't been since our last family vacation there 17 years ago! Only 204 more days!

Upvote 0

lisak09

We will be staying at POFQ from Aug 20 - 27 with free dining! It's our 1st time at this hotel and only our 2nd time staying on property (last year we stayed at POP). Can't wait:)

Upvote 0

ggauthier82

Hey all! We will be in WDW from August 15-26! Probably at Pop unless my mother can make it with us, then we'd stay at POR.

I am still hoping they bring out free dining again for those dates!! ADRs are booked and I can't wait for my 3yo to meet Remi from Ratatouille at Les Chefs de France!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We arrive on Aug 31st :sohappy: So I'm checking in on the Aug and Sept Roll Call since our trip overlaps months! Can't wait! Is it bad that I was my entire spring and summer to just fly by?

Upvote 0

addcogulf

We will be arriving August 21-28. This is our fourth August Trip. Used to go in July, but for the last few years we have hitting the end of August. Smaller crowds, free dining, a bit cooler. There will be twelve of us on this trip. My husband and me, my daughter and her family and my son and his family. We are staying at All Star Music as the son and daughter are booking the Suites. Thjis is our first time staying at the all Stars. We have stayed at Pop Century, so Im guessing its pretty much the same. But Pop doesnt have the Suites and with little babies, the two rooms and kitchette will come in handy.:wave:

Upvote 0
We'll be there from August 1st until the 10th.

First three nights at Jambo House, AKL.
Last six nights at BWV.

My husband and I will be accompanied by our daughters (19 and 22) and their two BFFs (18 and 19).

Look for the girls with the gold Minnie ears!!!

Upvote 0

Toveck

We booked just yesterday for August 6th-13th. Our first time in August. We have been down 3 times in June, so we understand the heat. We lucked into the free dining codes that are out for some people. We were going to go the 13th-20th until the free dining came along that only runs until August 13th so we moved it up a week.

We're staying at All-Star Music, and got ADR's at Ohana, LeCellier and Yak and Yeti (never been there) along with some of the kids favorites like 50's, Sci-Fi and Planet Hollywood.

Upvote 0

Rose99

Hi everyone !!! My first post and my FIRST trip to Disney !!! I'm a single mom of 4 and taking my 3 youngest DD 17, DD 8 and DS 6 !! :brick: We're staying at CBR Aug 24th - Aug 27th (kids stay and play for free offer) and Aug 27- Aug 31st at AKV Kidani (1 bedroom villa) (room only offer).:sohappy:
After crunching numbers for a month this was by far the best I could come up with in my budget.
Now struggling with these ADR's as I only can do 1 or 2. Any suggestions on the best ones would be great !!

Can't wait......... I'm so excited !!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

August 19th - 25th at the Boardwalk Inn (40% room rate)
August 25th - 28th on the Dream!

Sunday I get to make our ADR's!!! :sohappy: :D

This will be the 3rd year in a row for this same time frame!!!!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Hi everyone !!! My first post and my FIRST trip to Disney !!! I'm a single mom of 4 and taking my 3 youngest DD 17, DD 8 and DS 6 !! :brick: We're staying at CBR Aug 24th - Aug 27th (kids stay and play for free offer) and Aug 27- Aug 31st at AKV Kidani (1 bedroom villa) (room only offer).:sohappy:
After crunching numbers for a month this was by far the best I could come up with in my budget.
Now struggling with these ADR's as I only can do 1 or 2. Any suggestions on the best ones would be great !!

Can't wait......... I'm so excited !!!!

I would suggest Chief Mickey, Crystal Palace and Ohana!! These are really great places and one that the youngest 2 will love and still cool enough for the oldest!!!

Upvote 0

Rose99

I would suggest Chief Mickey, Crystal Palace and Ohana!! These are really great places and one that the youngest 2 will love and still cool enough for the oldest!!!
Thank you !! I hadn't looked into any of those yet! I was thinking the Fantasmic Dinner package (doing lunch at Mamma somebody)... and thats as far as I got :shrug: so thank you.... off to research them !! :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom