August 2011 Roll Calls

dixiegirl

So I will say this if there is already an August roll call in progress , I appologize, direct me there! I did search an came up empty!

So I am starting this one! We're all booked , staying at our Home DVC resort SSR!!! Going with my Babe , two girls , Nephew and wife. Our Nephew has'nt been back to Disney since 2006 so there's lots of new stuff for him and his wife to see !
We'll be there the 20th -27th.
I have'nt been to disney in August since 2000 , we've always done September , but with our Oldest in middle school, way to much work for her to play make up!
But thats ok, we're still getting our fix!
Anyone else hop on August Roll call!!

And yes I'll take the Heat and humidity any day over crowds!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
So my question is, will it be insanely crowded? The heat I can deal with.....people....Rude people...that another thing! We've been in April..Yeah not fun, never ever again...But We're so used to going in Sept, but we figured we try august again...hoping it slows down a bit ...We're there the 20th -27....crossing fingers!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

So my question is, will it be insanely crowded? The heat I can deal with.....people....Rude people...that another thing! We've been in April..Yeah not fun, never ever again...But We're so used to going in Sept, but we figured we try august again...hoping it slows down a bit ...We're there the 20th -27....crossing fingers!

We have been to WDW this time a year for the past 2 years..this year will be the 3rd and I dont feel the crowds are all that bad. Yes the hot rides in each park can get packed and you should plan to use Fast Passes for those but for the most part it not too bad. Enjoy your trip its just around the corner!!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
We have been to WDW this time a year for the past 2 years..this year will be the 3rd and I dont feel the crowds are all that bad. Yes the hot rides in each park can get packed and you should plan to use Fast Passes for those but for the most part it not too bad. Enjoy your trip its just around the corner!!

Thanks!!! Yeah its coming very quick!!! As usual before our Disney trip is planning and having our girls birthday party which has been great because they do get quite a few Disney gift cards, which is great for them to have their own money in Disney!!!.......It amazing how long they make it last when its their own!

38 more days!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

riogirl

We will be there the same time we go 20-28! And the reason we are going that week is because last yr when we went the same week it was wonderful....HOT as ever, but to be expected...but the crowds were soooo managable that most rides were walk on-it was the first time I went to Disney and actually could walk around and "look" around! That is why we will always go the same week. Where r u staying? Hope you have "magical" vacation!

Upvote 0

iubigman

First August Trip for us too!

5 nights at Beach Club Villas.

Pregnant wife, toddler, plus grandma and grandpa, so lots of Stormalong Bay and parks at night, meet and greets, and maybe dad gets some alone time to do E-Tickets.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

my granddaughter and i are doing a just the two of us trip from the 14th-17th of august. with my somewhat sneaky direction she got to pick the resort, places for dinners, and what parks we are doing on which day. it was a last minute booking. since she was little she'll just out of nowhere say take me to disney and has been asking for a while to do another trip where we stay more than a day or two so i'd already asked her dad about taking her so when i directed our conversation one day to disney and she asked i said ok and blew her mind :)...now it's counting down how many days before we leave, she's studying park maps, and reading a book about hidden mickeys. 1st graders are so much fun lol.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Original Poster
We will be there the same time we go 20-28! And the reason we are going that week is because last yr when we went the same week it was wonderful....HOT as ever, but to be expected...but the crowds were soooo managable that most rides were walk on-it was the first time I went to Disney and actually could walk around and "look" around! That is why we will always go the same week. Where r u staying? Hope you have "magical" vacation!

Staying at our "home" Resort SSR!!! And you? Hope you as well have a magical trip!
Its coming fast!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom