Are you 23?

Wilt Dasney

That's the exact post someone posted on here back when this topic first started only to have it removed very quickly. The sudden removal of all his references to that is what makes me think this is true. Someone posted something they shouldn't have and had to cover it up quick.
Heck of a way to keep a secret...cover up all references to one particular theory after lots of people have already seen it. That doesn't draw attention or anything. :lol:

marcriss

Don't know if this has been posted yet (no time to read all those pages) but I just got the Are you 23? flyer in my shareholders packet. Go to Disney.com/23 to register your e-mail to find out the answer on March 10, The date of the shareholder meeting.

They have a countdown running.

Kamikaze

Don't know if this has been posted yet (no time to read all those pages) but I just got the Are you 23? flyer in my shareholders packet. Go to Disney.com/23 to register your e-mail to find out the answer on March 10, The date of the shareholder meeting.

They have a countdown running.

... :rolleyes:

Of course its been posted.

AREM

See, this proves that Disney needs to jump head first into viral marketing. One poster and a mysterious countdown clock has spawned 30 PAGES of intense interest and speculation..........

Another reason that Cloverfield and The Dark Knight was so successful was due in part to their viral marketing. Brilliant stuff.

Kamikaze

See, this proves that Disney needs to jump head first into viral marketing. One poster and a mysterious countdown clock has spawned 30 PAGES of intense interest and speculation..........

Another reason that Cloverfield and The Dark Knight was so successful was due in part to their viral marketing. Brilliant stuff.

Hate to bring up Lost again, because I don't want to see 10 pages of EpcotServo nonsense about it, but they've been doing viral/ARG since the beginning.

TheAmazingBobbo

If this has already been suggested, just ignore it. I read the first 10 pages of the thread and not the second 19.

I had this thought about what 23 could mean and then I googled it and read it on a website where they were pretty much debating what it might mean like we are here.

One suggestion that stuck out was that perhaps on March 10, they will be releasing 23 Disney films on Blu-ray. This statement was backed up by the fact that one of the head honchos in Pixar just did a huge presentation on how high-quality blu-ray is and some other crap like that.

Just a suggestion, meaning it probably won't happen.

GothMickey

One suggestion that stuck out was that perhaps on March 10, they will be releasing 23 Disney films on Blu-ray. This statement was backed up by the fact that one of the head honchos in Pixar just did a huge presentation on how high-quality blu-ray is and some other crap like that.

What discredits the statement is the fact that Pinocchio is the only DVD coming out on March 10th for Disney in blu-ray. If 23 others were comign out, Amazon, Best Buy, and Disney Shop, would have pre-order options. Now, an ANNOUCNEMENT of 23 movies coming out on DVD Blu-ray is possible. However, I am siding with the idea that it is the fan club.

WDWFigment

You know, instead of making a fan club to pay face to the idea of catering to the "hardcore" fans, perhaps Disney could start (crazy idea, I know) actually making substantive changes to cater to our concerns. With DVC buildings scattered all over Walt Disney World, I think it might be a strategy that has long term benefit, since the "once in a lifetime visitor" is clearly not the only visitor they're attracting anymore.

NewfieFan

Well, I've got my hopes up now... after reading 29 pages the only thing that sounds plausible is the club idea! I'm sure even if it's only remotely "geeky cool"... Mickey will still be getting my money! (Where is the "nerd" smiley to insert here?)

EpcotServo

Hate to bring up Lost again, because I don't want to see 10 pages of EpcotServo nonsense about it, but they've been doing viral/ARG since the beginning.

Remember folks, dispute your opinion with others clearly and fairly, even if it is an unpopular one, and YOU TOO can achieve the glory of being called nonsensical, or even a heretic!

Fight the Power kids, It's the EpcotServo way!
:sohappy:

SirGoofy

You know, instead of making a fan club to pay face to the idea of catering to the "hardcore" fans, perhaps Disney could start (crazy idea, I know) actually making substantive changes to cater to our concerns. With DVC buildings scattered all over Walt Disney World, I think it might be a strategy that has long term benefit, since the "once in a lifetime visitor" is clearly not the only visitor they're attracting anymore.

That would make too much sense, and cost them too much money. Come on now, you know better than that.:brick:

Kamikaze

Uhm, DVC is for Disney fans. You aren't going to see people who only go seldomly (or less) buying into it.
Just because some people here don't like it doesn't make it unpopular or a bad idea.

Its not like they can't just rent the rooms as hotel rooms if DVC buy-ins are down.

Rob562

Someone on RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks newsgroup) pointed out that this year's Disney shareholder meeting in scheduled for March 10th...

So either the countdown is a countdown to the shareholders meeting (doubt it), or the big announcement will be a part of that meeting.

-Rob

NewfieFan

Uhm, DVC is for Disney fans. You aren't going to see people who only go seldomly (or less) buying into it.
Just because some people here don't like it doesn't make it unpopular or a bad idea.

Its not like they can't just rent the rooms as hotel rooms if DVC buy-ins are down.

Ummmm, I don't think WDWfigment was knocking DVC! With more DVC we obviously have more Disney fans who need to be catered to!

Kamikaze

Someone on RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks newsgroup) pointed out that this year's Disney shareholder meeting in scheduled for March 10th...

So either the countdown is a countdown to the shareholders meeting (doubt it), or the big announcement will be a part of that meeting.

-Rob

Its the second one.

Ummmm, I don't think WDWfigment was knocking DVC! With more DVC we obviously have more Disney fans who need to be catered to!

Right, I misread. Enough DVC bashing goes on around here that the point stands, even if its not directed to him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom