Are you 23?

IROC it

Is it merely asking if you're a share holder?

January 16, 2009

Dear Fellow Shareholder,

I am pleased to invite you to our 2009 Annual Meeting of shareholders, which will be held on Tuesday, March 10, 2009, at 10 a.m. at the Paramount Theatre in Oakland, California.

At the meeting, we will be electing all 12 members of our Board of Directors, as well as considering ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as our independent registered public accountants, an amendment to our stock incentive plan, an amendment to our executive performance plan and up to three shareholder proposals.

We are pleased this year to take advantage of the Securities and Exchange Commission rule allowing companies to furnish proxy materials to their stockholders over the Internet. We believe that this e-proxy process expedites shareholders’ receipt of proxy materials, while lowering the costs and reducing the environmental impact of our annual meeting.

You may vote your shares using the Internet or the telephone by following the instructions on page 76 of the proxy statement. Of course, you may also vote by returning a proxy card or voting instruction form if you received a paper copy of this proxy statement.

If you wish to attend the meeting in person, you will need to request an admission ticket in advance. You can request a ticket by following the instructions set forth on page 78 of the proxy statement. If you cannot attend the meeting, you can still listen to the meeting, which will be webcast and available on our Investor Relations website.

Thank you very much for your continued interest in The Walt Disney Company.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Iger
President and Chief Executive Officer

hrcollectibles

Ok I think I have solved this mystery.. A lot of things I have ready point to the year 1923. The year Disney was founded... Well it is also the year the Hollywood Sign was put up... Disney is going to buy the Hollywood Sign and move it to Florida :ROFLOL:

GothMickey

A lot is hapening March 10th. Disney Shareholder meeting is being held, Pinocchio comes out on DVD, and Miley Cyrus' book is being released the same day. I am sure there are other Disney things happening that day.

trr1

A lot is hapening March 10th. Disney Shareholder meeting is being held, Pinocchio comes out on DVD, and Miley Cyrus' book is being released the same day. I am sure there are other Disney things happening that day.

i didnt know Pinoccio was gay? well good for him

WDWmazprty

1.gif

i didnt know Pinoccio was gay? well good for him

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
it was obvious, all that dancing and singing, wearing ledinhosen and looking for the blue fairy.:lookaroun

Oh sure, just go ahead and out the lederhosen wearing people of the world.

As far as the blue fairy comment... I always thought that he was color blind and really looking for the Green Fairy

techiegsy

Well to sumarize...

Well, Are you 23? seems to be a question popping up around the world, so does anyone have any insights, its been linked with blu-ray DVDs and Pinnocio
but also there is a rumor floating around the Internet that this campaign is to promote a new club called Club 23. It will have a yearly charge and is meant to cater to the true Disney fan, with special items and conventions held at Anaheim and Orlando..

This concept was created because the Company has gotten a LOT of flack saying they only cater to the casual tourist and not to the true Disney fans. It came to a head last year when Iger was berated by a Disney fan who said the Company did not care about them. In the past, all Disney "fan clubs" were run externally. In this case, there is a Company-wide initiative with the D-23 event, as its called. It will be a major push and their hope is to really form a relationship with the true Disney fans.

Essentially people will pay about $100 a year to receive some very cool, exclusive merchandise, CDs, DVDs, etc. They will also be invited to a yearly or bi-yearly (to be determined at the moment) event in Anaheim or Orlando (the first event is scheduled to be in Anaheim). Each Company department will be presenting something unique that Disney fans would appreciate (behind-the-scenes looks at theme park technology, a pre-release screening of a new movie, etc). This convention is expected to be huge, with Disney sparing no expense.

They will be announcing this new program in March.
And from Screamscape:

(1/13/09) The latest D-23 update claims that the whole initiative came forward last year when a Disney fan berated Iger over the fact that the company only caters to the casual Disney park fans and has abandoned the more dedicated intense long-term Disney fans. If the rumors hold true, people will apparently be asked to pay about $100 a year to become part of this new club which will be offered a bunch of new exclusive merchandise opportunities as well as setting up 1 or 2 fan events at the parks a year, with the first to take place in Anaheim.
As for the origin of the number 23… we still don’t know for sure but it was also pointed out that WED officially became Walt Disney Imagineering in 1986 and the shareholders changed name of Walt Disney Productions to The Walt Disney Company in 1986 as well, making each name 23 years old. As for the March 10th date… some wonder if the details about the new club may be revealed along with the rerelease of Pinocchio on DVD and Blu-Ray on March 10th.

Well, with all this hype Disney are succeeding in whatever they want to achieve, whatever it is, it better be good.

GothMickey

Well to sumarize...

Well, Are you 23? seems to be a question popping up around the world, so does anyone have any insights, its been linked with blu-ray DVDs and Pinnocio
but also there is a rumor floating around the Internet that this campaign is to promote a new club called Club 23. It will have a yearly charge and is meant to cater to the true Disney fan, with special items and conventions held at Anaheim and Orlando..

And from Screamscape:

Well, with all this hype Disney are succeeding in whatever they want to achieve, whatever it is, it better be good.

Thanks for posting. The club seems likely. March 10 is also the shareholder meeting so it is possible Iger will announce the formation of the club there.

kcnole

That's the exact post someone posted on here back when this topic first started only to have it removed very quickly. The sudden removal of all his references to that is what makes me think this is true. Someone posted something they shouldn't have and had to cover it up quick.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom