Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

Studios Fan

Not sad to loose Micky's Birthday Land, since it wasn't supposed to be permanant...like DL's Toon Town.

I would love to see an area in DHS where you enter Toon Town through a 'broken' brick wall like in Roger Rabbit.

Really looking forward to 2012 or 2013 whenever it will be 'complete'.

I agree on all points.

tirian

Such callous disprespect to Minnie and Mickey! On all of our trips to the Magic Kingdom, my son always wants to visit their houses and he is now 7 yrs old. He loves the kitchen in Minnie's house with the microwave popcorn, the cake in the oven and the refrig. with all the cheese. Why can't they move the houses somewhere else?

Because Imagineering can and will do better than Mickey's Temporary Land with Old Houses. The houses had to be refurbished anyway.

At least they are going to keep Goofy's Barnstormer coaster. We love to ride thru the hole in the side of the barn.

We will really miss this part of Toontown. Other than these 3 things, there wasn't anything very special about it,

Boy, are you right.

but these 3 "rides" are worth saving. Guess we will have to go down this spring to say goodbye to them! Too bad other other kids won't be able to experience them like my son did.

The toons will have another home, but the FL expansion comes first. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Not sad to loose Micky's Birthday Land, since it wasn't supposed to be permanant...like DL's Toon Town.

I would love to see an area in DHS where you enter Toon Town through a 'broken' brick wall like in Roger Rabbit.

Really looking forward to 2012 or 2013 whenever it will be 'complete'.
Exactly. :D

The toons will have another home, but the FL expansion comes first. :wave:
In MK....or elsewhere? I'm pulling for elsewhere.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Exactly. :D

In MK....or elsewhere? I'm pulling for elsewhere.

I agree; I'm not sure ToonTown was a great fit for the Magic Kingdom. I like the idea of opening in the brick wall. Maybe they can replace the Backlot Tour with ToonTown....:)

JLW11Hi

Did Mickey and Minnie's homes take up all that much space?

I'd ultimately like to see the two of them back in their own homes, rather than being tucked into a Main Street Building. One of the nice things about Mickey's house was that you had to "travel" there to meet him, rather than finding him right at the entrance. The Exposition hall Meet and Greet will be fine for now, but I hope they get their own (new) houses again.

I don't think they need a big ToonTown area either. The ToonTown motif works better in a place like DHS. Their houses could be tucked away somewhere in a small section of Fantasyland.

I do think that Mickey's real home should remain in the MK. A major Meet and Greet at the major park. That always made sense to me. ToonTown wasn't that great, but the fact that you got to meet Mickey at his home at the Magic Kingdom made perfect sense and worked great.

piratetreasure

If done on Main Street, it needs to have a more serious Walt Disney artist theme. None of the cartoony backdrops you see plopped into Epcot's Character Spot.
^^^THIS!!!

Ok. I really dig Walt's style and I really wish Disney would use his art style so kids could learn about him.

Andrew54

I am sad that they are tearing it down. But it only makes sense that sense that Mickey has made so much money he would need to build a bigger house maybe with a pool.

hrcollectibles

That would be awsome! I would have it set up as a DR were the main classic characters take you through the prodution stages. Then have the TT section!

Sorry but what does DR mean?

"They should put all of this in the Narnia Building and the VOTLM building. Then kill BLT for future Pixar expansion."

And what does BLT mean.. As far as I know it means Bay Lake Tower

DisneyParksFan1

Although the houses are nostalgic to me, I don't think I'm sad about them going. They were supposed to be temporary and well, I'm somewhat excited to see how Mickey and the gang will be incorporated into the Main Street area.

PotteryGal

Despite everyone's excitement on this thread about the houses going, I know my son will be disappointed not to visit them anymore. Does anyone know exactly when they will be gone? We'll be down in July, so I would like to prepare him in advance if they are gone. Thanks!

DisneyParksFan1

Despite everyone's excitement on this thread about the houses going, I know my son will be disappointed not to visit them anymore. Does anyone know exactly when they will be gone? We'll be down in July, so I would like to prepare him in advance if they are gone. Thanks!

Well construction walls behind Toontown are up, and they have already begun construction on Mickey and the gang's new home over at Main Street so, it may be closed by then, but who knows...:shrug:

SirGoofy

Maybe it's my way of thinking, but perhaps TTF should be the last to head behind the refurb walls.

More time with fams and their kids before Dumbo invades ToonTown.

I completely agree. TTF should be kept open as long as they possibly can. MK can't afford to lose any capacity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom