Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

Figment632

Pixie Dust?!:goodnevil:lookaroun

Your store maybe the odd one out.... Tink and her friends are popular with kids, you see a lot of them at Preschool. Or at least the one I volunteer at. :lol:

Nope This is store wide Tink is the only popular one I would post the documents but I would get fired. But trust me this is not hate it is fact.

heartodisney

picture.php

I just hope it is true that they do have it somewhere else, I do want my daughter to enjoys this as my wife and I have!

Figment632

I have no reason to believe you, so I'm not. :)

I'm sure the DVD sales aren't doing well, but like I said, I want to still see some figures.

I will not post any company documents but if you want I could show you the massive amounts of Fairy stuff in the back of my store.

Skyway

I think Exposition Hall is a wonderful place for Mickey--- IF DONE RIGHT.

(I always thought WDW's Birthdayland was an OK attempt at M&G for Mickey. Disneyland perfected it in their Toontown, giving the company's most important character an equally important home. When WDW changed to the TTF version, it almost became disrespectful to the company's legacy.)

If done on Main Street, it needs to have a more serious Walt Disney artist theme. None of the cartoony backdrops you see plopped into Epcot's Character Spot.

I wonder if they'll find a way to incorporate the old Walt Disney Story theater into the queue? On one hand, you can't expect the typical 3-year-olds who will be there to sit quiet for another Walt biography. But maybe using it to show Mickey Mouse shorts would make the wait less painful

EPCOT Explorer

(I always thought WDW's Birthdayland was an OK attempt at M&G for Mickey. Disneyland perfected it in their Toontown, giving the company's most important character an equally important home. When WDW changed to the TTF version, it almost became disrespectful to the company's legacy.)

If done on Main Street, it needs to have a more serious Walt Disney artist theme. None of the cartoony backdrops you see plopped into Epcot's Character Spot.

I wonder if they'll find a way to incorporate the old Walt Disney Story theater into the queue? On one hand, you can't expect the typical 3-year-olds who will be there to sit quiet for another Walt biography. But maybe using it to show Mickey Mouse shorts would make the wait less painful
Hate those...:fork: :lol:

And yes, the focus should totally be on Walt creating them here.

Another random question here but...Does anyone here hate the alarm system in Mickey's house? It went off when i was in the middle of the room!

I left there thinking....Mickey is overprotective and hates visitors.
OR
Mickey and Minnie were having issues and he set an alarm system up so she doesn't still any of his things!

:lol::lookaroun

imagineer boy

Another random question here but...Does anyone here hate the alarm system in Mickey's house? It went off when i was in the middle of the room!

OR
Mickey and Minnie were having issues and he set an alarm system up so she doesn't still any of his things!

As much as I love their houses, that alarm system was annoying. People were CONSTANTLY setting it off. Yeesh!

Its alot different than DL's version of Mickey's house where you're free to walk around and interact with things.

BenS

I have to admit I have never heard the alarm go off! I didnt even know Mickey had one!

Really? I visit Mickey's house every trip and I don't think I've ever heard it not go off. :dazzle:

Anyway, I just hope Toontown is still fully up and running when I go in June. It's never been a great land, but it'd be nice to see it off.

PurpleRose

Really? I visit Mickey's house every trip and I don't think I've ever heard it not go off. :dazzle:

Anyway, I just hope Toontown is still fully up and running when I go in June. It's never been a great land, but it'd be nice to see it off.

I have to agree with you on that. Never was that big of a fan but hoping I can see it off soon.

drew81

OR

Yes! I was in line to see Mickey at MVMCP 2009 and guests continued to set it off! It was very annoying!

Ignohippo

I very seriously doubt Dis would spend $500 million on an expansion, only to make an enormous amount of visitors upset that they've torn down TTF and the vacation homes and meeting spots of their two biggest characters.

I'm betting Expo Hall is a temporary spot for them and that, by the time FL is finished, there will be an announcement on a new Toon Town. Imagineering knows that M+M are a destination (a "weenie") – putting them at the front of the park goes against everything Imagineering does.

tiaragirl

These are so awful. I was looking at pictures from our passed trip, and the pictures at Epcot's Character Spot are so busy and distracting that you look at everything BUT the people in it. It mades me mad.. you wait, and then the pictures are all over the place.

Rage.

montie329

Will really miss the Mouse's Houses

Such callous disprespect to Minnie and Mickey! On all of our trips to the Magic Kingdom, my son always wants to visit their houses and he is now 7 yrs old. He loves the kitchen in Minnie's house with the microwave popcorn, the cake in the oven and the refrig. with all the cheese. Why can't they move the houses somewhere else? At least they are going to keep Goofy's Barnstormer coaster. We love to ride thru the hole in the side of the barn.

We will really miss this part of Toontown. Other than these 3 things, there wasn't anything very special about it, but these 3 "rides" are worth saving. Guess we will have to go down this spring to say goodbye to them! Too bad other other kids won't be able to experience them like my son did.

WishIwasThere

Not really.

However, I agree with this. Can we PLEASE have a Toon Studios?! :D

Not sad to loose Micky's Birthday Land, since it wasn't supposed to be permanant...like DL's Toon Town.

I would love to see an area in DHS where you enter Toon Town through a 'broken' brick wall like in Roger Rabbit.

Really looking forward to 2012 or 2013 whenever it will be 'complete'.

WishIwasThere

Just remeber folks...that from 1971 to 1989, we had no 'permanent' place to find Mickey and Minnie...And from 1955 to 1993 DL didn't have a 'house' for Mickey or Minnie...and they survived just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom