Anyone else sad Mickey+Minnie's houses are going?

mickeyjohn

This is definately the part of the FL expansion I'm most bummed about. Sure TTF didn't live up to its potential like DL's version, but I have lots of memories of visiting Mickey's house. And I think its really stupid that it's being replaced by a land themed to the fairy franchise. That franchise will NOT be relevant in ten years time.

I completely agree with you. Mickeys Toon Town Ffair may not of been the biggest land and maby it could of had more things to do but it was a wonderful place to visit. It was a place where you were guaranteed to be able to Meat Mickey and Minnie. All you had to do is weight in line. I can't think of any other characters in the M K that were there when you wanted to meat them besides them. And weighting in line was fun. You had those wonderful videos that playd for your intertainment. If they go to the front of the park maby most guests may not no they are there. I am truely saddend that such a magical land is going away. Sorry for ranting.

mharrington

Mickey and Minnie actually live in California, they merely vacation at the Magic Kingdom.

Rest assured that people WILL NOT overlook Mickey and Minnie, no matter where they are. They could tuck them in a closet in Adventureland and people would line up to see them.

Maybe they don't live in Florida, but what of vacation homes? Where would they stay while on vacation?

mharrington

This cynical voice inside keeps insisting that the WHOLE RESORT is their vacation home. Furthermore, they're not moving into a condo, there moving into the Exposition Hall.

urbanvegan

On the Disney's Magical Express welcome video they show Mickey and Minnie checking in at the Grand Floridian despite the fact that they already have vacation homes right at Magic Kingdom. So the houses didn't really get use anyway - I don't think they will mind the eviction.

Wilt Dasney

This cynical voice inside keeps insisting that the WHOLE RESORT is their vacation home.

On the Disney's Magical Express welcome video they show Mickey and Minnie checking in at the Grand Floridian despite the fact that they already have vacation homes right at Magic Kingdom. So the houses didn't really get use anyway - I don't think they will mind the eviction.
Agreed to both. If I were a 4-year-old inclined to believe that Mickey and Minnie have to live somewhere, I think the idea that they live wherever they want at WDW would be more fun than imagining them sleeping in those little houses in Toontown.

mharrington

Agreed to both. If I were a 4-year-old inclined to believe that Mickey and Minnie have to live somewhere, I think the idea that they live wherever they want at WDW would be more fun than imagining them sleeping in those little houses in Toontown.

But they need to sleep somewhere, don't they?

ml123_9

We are extrememly disappointed. My wife and son loved Mickey's house. He is only 3 and we were there in Sept. 09 and I believe that was the highlight of his trip. He had obviously heard of Mickey, but seeing the look on his face going through his home and how his face really lit up in the Judge's tent when we turned the corner and there was Minnie and Mickey waiting for us. He was kinda of in awe. It was truly a priceless moment. It was then that he knew they were real. Oh, and I loved them too. I too would love to see a toon area somewhere and DHS would be a great place for it.

DisneyDude

We too are sorry to hear Mickey & Minnie's homes are to go, even though our three boys are now 15,16 & 20 we still visit the houses and meet the characters, admittedly it is not as good as it was. our first visit back in 1991 Toontown was fantastic, I remember a great show with Roger Rabbit and C.J. I think it was called Mickey's Starland Show it was excellent.

mharrington

I remember the Starland show, too. I had my family record it on tape, and back then, I liked it. Now I don't know what I was thinking. We keep planning to record the home videos onto DVD, and we've all agreed to edit the show out.

The only other time I went into this land, when it was Toontown Fair, was when we cut through to get to Fantasyland (or was it Tomorrowland?) from the Toontown train station.

tirian

I remember the Starland show, too. I had my family record it on tape, and back then, I liked it. Now I don't know what I was thinking. We keep planning to record the home videos onto DVD, and we've all agreed to edit the show out.

The only other time I went into this land, when it was Toontown Fair, was when we cut through to get to Fantasyland (or was it Tomorrowland?) from the Toontown train station.

No! Don't edit it! Please post it to YouTube, no matter how awful it may be. Things like that need to be preserved simply because they're park history.

ABigBrassBand

Just say that they lost their houses due to the recession, and they are freewheeling it around MK.

/saracasm

Seriously, they can live wherever they want, that would work.

DisneyDude

Tirian, there are lots of videos on you tube, sorry but I don't know how to post a link however just type in Mickey's Starland Show and you'll see plenty of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom