Rumor Another DHS Closure?

HauntedMansionFLA

Is it the Frozen sing-along show? Are we getting a Moana sing along show now?

I can't picture it being Indy... Compared to Mermaid and Beast, it's the most popular show at the park. It is ALWAYS full to the EDGES at MAX CAPACITY when I go.
Frozen is the most popular show and with another movie coming out, probably going to stay. We actually enjoyed the show. Both the regular and Holiday shows. It was packed both times.

HauntedMansionFLA

I guess the next question is what will be the time table for all of this to happen??? Is it something that will open with SW:GE and Mickey??? DHS needs plenty of new things to do when SW opens. It will be a Mad house.

doctornick

Would be news to me. But there are several shows that could close. Perhaps once TSL opens, they’ll take one down.

I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't close at least one of the shows once TSL opens. No reason and, say, VOTLM and/or BatB couldn't close and be replaced prior to SW:GE being opened.

Now, as for Indy -- I wholeheartedly support closing that and replacing it with a Shanghai POTC type boat ride -- but it's a double edged sword since they really need that attraction capacity for when SW:GE opens. They really needed to have developed and built some additional attractions for this park before Star Wars and now it's too late to do much beyond maybe refreshing some of the shows.

I guess they could actually use Sunset Showcase regularly, though. Or even actually run a parade in the park. Those would be nice things.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Frozen is the most popular show and with another movie coming out, probably going to stay. We actually enjoyed the show. Both the regular and Holiday shows. It was packed both times.
Don't get me wrong I was shockingly impressed by it too. Saying it's the most popular though, is kind of hard to compare. That theatre does not seat nearly as much as Indiana Jones does.

Kman101

It has to be either Rock n Roller Coaster or Indy. Although I've known the plans for the Beauty replacement/update for over a year now....although that seems to have been pushed down the pipeline.

Are they keeping Beauty or finally giving us a new show? And I can't believe Mermaid is still chugging along. Frozen sing-along should have replaced Mermaid instead of going into Hyperion.

My guess is Indy closing. I love the stunt show but I'll take a boat ride or ride any day at this point. I'd prefer both a stunt show and a ride but as long as Indy stays in some form ...

It has to be Indy. There's nothing major left. Beauty and Mermaid would be welcome closures for a change but they aren't major.

britain

Fun guessing game you got here!

If true, I’m placing a bet on RnR getting an overlay. Yes, I’m sure an Indy boat ride is in the works, but that feels more like something that won’t be green lit until some SW:GE results are analyzed.

It makes more sense that they are IP-ing other attractions like RnR, just so they could say there’s something new in this corner of the park by this time next year. Help the SW crowds disperse a bit.

Indoors Incredicoaster anyone?

Or perhaps RnR becomes the Monsters Inc door coaster - not quite the right demographic fit there. What else? Hmmm...

Haymarket2008

Are they keeping Beauty or finally giving us a new show? And I can't believe Mermaid is still chugging along. Frozen sing-along should have replaced Mermaid instead of going into Hyperion.

My guess is Indy closing. I love the stunt show but I'll take a boat ride or ride any day at this point. I'd prefer both a stunt show and a ride but as long as Indy stays in some form ...

It has to be Indy. There's nothing major left. Beauty and Mermaid would be welcome closures for a change but they aren't major.

Last I was told, and the plans could have been scrapped, was that the theatre would be enclosed and an updated BatB show (based on the new live-action film) would take its' place in conjunction with an upcoming Broadway revival. The Broadway production is still on track to happen in the next few years. As for the DHS show.....it's been very quiet. I wonder if they just transplanted that show onto the cruise lines instead....

And yeah, gimme that Indy boat ride ASAP. As for the other stage shows.......they need to be taken out back lol.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't get me wrong I was shockingly impressed by it too. Saying it's the most popular though, is kind of hard to compare. That theatre does not seat nearly as much as Indiana Jones does.

There are 10 Frozen shows per day compared to 5 IJ. And Frozen doesn't shut down or have half shows for the weather.

Makes sense. Isn't there another Indiana Jones film coming out though?

Yes, there is. I'm sure that's what motivates the talk of a new Indy ride in some form in some place.

durangojim

Last I was told, and the plans could have been scrapped, was that the theatre would be enclosed and an updated BatB show (based on the new live-action film) would take its' place in conjunction with an upcoming Broadway revival. The Broadway production is still on track to happen in the next few years. As for the DHS show.....it's been very quiet. I wonder if they just transplanted that show onto the cruise lines instead....

And yeah, gimme that Indy boat ride ASAP. As for the other stage shows.......they need to be taken out back lol.
Saw the cruise show last week and it was fantastic! Blew the DHS show out of the water!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
There are 10 Frozen shows per day compared to 5 IJ. And Frozen doesn't shut down or have half shows for the weather.

Yes, there is. I'm sure that's what motivates the talk of a new Indy ride in some form in some place.
As I always say... I'd say keep the stunt show and expand the land into an immersive indiana jones land overall

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom