Rumor Another DHS Closure?

Haymarket2008

For those of you suggesting it might be Rock N Roller Coaster, I'm curious as to why? It's constantly the second - third highest wait time in the park, only behind Midway Mania

My only reasoning is because that hasn't stopped them in the past (i.e. Tower of Terror at DCA). I do think it needs an eventual retheme, though. If it is a "ride" and it isn't Tower or Toy Story......that leaves two. But RnRC is far from a desperately needed retheme. Out of the current rides at DHS, I would pick Star Tours to go first.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
My only reasoning is because that hasn't stopped them in the past (i.e. Tower of Terror at DCA). I do think it needs an eventual retheme, though. If it is a "ride" and it isn't Tower or Toy Story......that leaves two. But RnRC is far from a desperately needed retheme. Out of the current rides at DHS, I would pick Star Tours to go first.

Thanks! I'm not a fan of Star Tours, and I do enjoy Aerosmith.

I hate to say this, but there were times when the ToT at DCA was walk on. From what I remember it was always at 30-40 minutes but my memory could be foggy.

TwilightZone

Considering it is major, I think it is not indy, but rather fantasmic or rock n roller coaster. Both are big e tickets. My guess is rock n is going since disney just updated fantasmic in california, they might want to copy the update in wdw and because rock n has a non disney ip, which would make it more expensive. However I could be wrong and it could be both since fantasmic being updated for land does not necessarily mean that the updates could be copied to world, in fact, it could be more reason for disney to make fantasmic disneyland only and make a new show, perhaps fantasmic 2 or something.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For those of you suggesting it might be Rock N Roller Coaster, I'm curious as to why? It's constantly the second - third highest wait time in the park, only behind Midway Mania
If it had the 3rd highest wait time that would also mean the 2nd shortest wait time in a park with 4 rides;)

By process of elimination, if it had to be a ride:
1) it cannot be TSMM (anchor of brand new land)
2) It is highly unlikely to be Star Tours due to high capacity and high demand, plus they market the park with Star Wars already with Launch Bay and the various “shows/parades”. After SW Land it may go but not anytime soon.
3) Nobody wants to see ToT defiled like the CA version so we choose to ignore the possibility that it could be that. Not logical, but still true.
4) RnRC - no good reason for it to be the victim but when all other possibilities are exhausted it leaves just this ride.

IMHO Indy or one of the other shows is much more likely than a ride to close.

Marc Davis Fan

I would not mind RnRC being given a quality re-theme (e.g., with Rohde as the creative director), because cartoon cutouts are not immersive, nor in any way (traditional) Disney-quality.

That said, it would be tragic if Disney built a facade/entrance that clashed with the nearly-pitch-perfect immersion of Sunset Boulevard. So, I would only wish for RnRC to be re-themed if the result is an immersive attraction (unlike RnRC), and most importantly the entrance/facade does not distrupt the beautiful Sunset Boulevard and stunning experience of approaching Tower of Terror.

That said, yeah, my guess would be Indy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
First of all, I highly highly highly doubt anything is "closing." What is currently there is either going to be overlayed or replaced. So, the real question is what is temporarily closing to be overlayed, OR, what is going bye-bye's (with a gutting or demolition) to be replaced by something else?

Let's start with the rides: The three that are left outside of TSL...

1. RnRC: Long time rumored to get various overlays.​
2. ToT: Long time rumored to get various overlays. Also, the OP said this wasn't it.​
3. Star Tours: Insiders have pretty much guaranteed and overlay, but not until at least a year after SWL opens.​

Shows:

1. MV3D: The OP said this wasn't it.​
2. Frozen Singalong: Hahahaha. No. It's the most well attended show.​
3. Indy, Little Mermaid, BatB: We've had an insider say that at least two of these will change within 3 years, with one possible this year. So, if there is a 'closure' it will be one of these to be replaced by a new show or ride (the rumored Indy boat ride utilizing Shanghai PotC tech). If BatB, to be replaced with a closed in theater (maybe).​
4. Djr: Recently rumored to go, but then they changed their minds and it's staying.​
5. Either of the two SW movies: Please. Take them away.​
6. F!: Was a one-time site eyed for TRON, but now staying in it's current state of malaise.​
So, that's this OP's rumor stacked against our insiders. IOW, it's not news at all that one of the shows is going to be replaced by something else.

msg7

No idea. I’ve heard cast at the attraction in question have been informed, so it could be quite sudden.

It’s not.
Alka Seltzer Plop Fizz TV ad-8x6.jpg

NiarrNDisney

Just read on wdwinfo.com that it may be Indiana Jones...and what will replace it is possibly a boat ride, but that is just another rumor

Man I hope so! I have always said the DHS seems to be the hottest park so a water ride of any sort would be a wonderful addition!

Hopefully I will get my wish for a huge flume ride like Jurassic Park River Adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom