Rumor Another DHS Closure?

The Empress Lilly

Indy, I'd wager.

A bit long in the tooth by now, but I can't imagine a DHS without Indy or a similar show. :(

Would the Indy clone / Indy water ride come to DHS then after all?

It's not ToT, not Muppets, not TSMM. That leaves Star Tours, unlikely for the moment although I'm not betting on it being there in ten years. And the shows: Mermaid, BatB, F!, of which the first two feel forever in peril.

ppete1975

Interesting to see so many like it. I was not a Muppets fan growing up, so maybe that's why. I've done it twice in the past year, but before that I had not sat through the show since 2009. Can't say it leaves me with any strong emotional attachment.
I think it comes from loving the muppets, this is a rare one that the IP might help the attraction. They have their own humor that if you grew up with it you love it. ID love a new movie just keep the effects and the the theater, but in my opinion Waldo is very 80's/90's, and didn't hold up as well as I remembered when I saw it again a few years ago. So a new movie and a cleanup and this would be a cheap easy crowd eater, that wouldn't need anything else for a long time.

HauntedMansionFLA

Indy, I'd wager.

A bit long in the tooth by now, but I can't imagine a DHS without Indy or a similar show. :(

Would the Indy clone / Indy water ride come to DHS then after all?

It's not ToT, not Muppets, not TSMM. That leaves Star Tours, unlikely for the moment although I'm not betting on it being there in ten years. And the shows: Mermaid, BatB, F!, of which the first two feel forever in peril.
Indy was on the chopping block a few years back until Star Wars Land was put on the front burner.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think it comes from loving the muppets, this is a rare one that the IP might help the attraction. They have their own humor that if you grew up with it you love it. ID love a new movie just keep the effects and the the theater, but in my opinion Waldo is very 80's/90's, and didn't hold up as well as I remembered when I saw it again a few years ago. So a new movie and a cleanup and this would be a cheap easy crowd eater, that wouldn't need anything else for a long time.
Wasn’t this the last project Jim Henson worked on before his death??

Dave B

I’ve heard a rumor about something major possibly closing at DHS soon. I’m not at liberty to say what, but I just wanted to know if any insiders have heard anything similar. This is gonna be rough if it’s true...
So the FBI or CIA going to put you down if you share, not sure what you mean by not at liberty to say, kind of weak

DisneyGigi

It better not be Fantasmic! Indy, BatB, who cares. I honestly think I could handle ToT closing easier than Fantasmic, and I would totally freak out if ToT changes at all. But NOT Fantasmic!!!!!!!!!! Update it? Maybe? But leave it alone as far as theme. This thread gave me a headache. :(

Casper Gutman

Replace Indy with a ride, add one or two more dark rides somewhere, and replace the woefully outdated BatB, LM, and Fantasmic, and you’ve got yourself a genuine MGM makeover, despite the blot of TSL.

Oh, and Muppets is the best 3D film ever to grace an Orlando park, not to mention the most elaborate. Plus, it’s genuinely clever. Don’t touch it.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I'm guessing Indy. That stunt show has been around since 1989 and it no longer fits the park. Disney got a rid of almost every from the concept of how films are made. The Indy stunt show is the last thing that fits on showing how films are made.

I like to say Star Wars Launch Bay, but I don't recall any insider mentioning it closing although that attraction was supposed to be a "temporary attraction". We are all know when Disney uses the term "temporary attraction", they don't mean it.

While Insiders mentioned in the past about Star Tour closing, it wouldn't until 2 years at least after Star Wars: Galaxies Edge opens.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom