Rumor Another DHS Closure?

Goofyernmost

Last I was told, and the plans could have been scrapped, was that the theatre would be enclosed and an updated BatB show (based on the new live-action film) would take its' place in conjunction with an upcoming Broadway revival. The Broadway production is still on track to happen in the next few years. As for the DHS show.....it's been very quiet. I wonder if they just transplanted that show onto the cruise lines instead....

And yeah, gimme that Indy boat ride ASAP. As for the other stage shows.......they need to be taken out back lol.
I'm curious how would they do an Indy boat ride that didn't resemble Jungle Cruise in many ways (more snakes maybe?) I'm not being dismissive I really am interested in what anyone envisions for a ride like that? What part of the Indy theme do people feel would fit easily into a boat ride? Just curious.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm curious how would they do an Indy boat ride that didn't resemble Jungle Cruise in many ways (more snakes maybe?) I'm not being dismissive I really am interested in what anyone envisions for a ride like that? What part of the Indy theme do people feel would fit easily into a boat ride? Just curious.
I always hope that it would be more of a chute the shoots based ride through a temple..Just so to compete with Jurassic Park River Adventure.
indiana-jones-waterfall.jpg

Goofyernmost

I always hope that it would be more of a chute the shoots based ride through a temple..Just so to compete with Jurassic Park River Adventure.
indiana-jones-waterfall.jpg
So then an Indy ride would be a Jurassic Park ride without the dino's? OK, I can see that, but, what would the overall theme of the scenery be that we are going to witness on the rest of the ride?

999th Happy Haunt

So then an Indy ride would be a Jurassic Park ride without the dino's? OK, I can see that, but, what would the overall theme of the scenery be that we are going to witness on the rest of the ride?
I could definetly see an Indy boat ride taking place in a sunken temple where a curse is activated and we have to escape via a waterfall. A wet ride would be a great addition to DHS.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I could definetly see an Indy boat ride taking place in a sunken temple where a curse is activated and we have to escape via a waterfall. A wet ride would be a great addition to DHS.
If you look into Mara's eye (and everyone will), your boat gets inundated by a giant plume of water gushing forth from her mouth...
get wet.JPG

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

Oh there definitely would be similarities. When I watch the Shanghai pirates ride, I would imagine it would be inside a temple or something with subterranean rapids going through it. That would be my best guess at an Indy adaptation onto the ride system and what it’s capable of.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't close at least one of the shows once TSL opens. No reason and, say, VOTLM and/or BatB couldn't close and be replaced prior to SW:GE being opened.

Now, as for Indy -- I wholeheartedly support closing that and replacing it with a Shanghai POTC type boat ride -- but it's a double edged sword since they really need that attraction capacity for when SW:GE opens. They really needed to have developed and built some additional attractions for this park before Star Wars and now it's too late to do much beyond maybe refreshing some of the shows.

I guess they could actually use Sunset Showcase regularly, though. Or even actually run a parade in the park. Those would be nice things.
Indy stunt show is a people eater. It’s also a longer show and many people arrive early to get good seats so it occupies up to 2,000 people for as long as an hour. Not sure that the 2 new Toy Story rides are going to be enough to replace that capacity. Great Mickey Ride will help eventually, but by then SW will be drawing way more people into the park, especially for the first year or so after it opens. My gut feeling is that they keep Indy going until the opening crush of crowds for SW dies down. Then again maybe if they gut Indy now then something new will be open there in time to take Star Tours down and re-imagine it.

DHS needs a boat ride. I’d prefer a something that gets you a little wet, but a Pirates style boat ride works too.

dennis-in-ct

I agree. We skipped DHS this year because there's just not much there. We'll go back when Galaxy's Edge opens.

It’s ridiculous that they are charging full price for this place.

I remember visiting in 1989. Indy was a big show.
And we saw Beaty and Beast once when it Fort opening and that was enough.

The show I miss is Huncback that closed several years ago.we will still make time to see little Mermaid and muppets.

FANTASMIC! Is a never miss for me. Love love love it. This show, tower, rock’n’roll coaster, star tours and midway mania are it for me.

Five total attractions are not worth a full days admission. It’s disgusting

Kman101

I wouldn't say it's "always" empty. YMMV on shows filling seats. Not sure that's an indicator either way about popularity, at least where DHS is concerned due to it's lack of things to do.

Indy is still a good show but it feels a bit dated with the director aspect. I'm all for a stunt show featuring Indy but I want (and DHS needs) another ride. I feel like they could have both but we know they won't. Indy is popular and will fill seats. Beauty and Mermaid are also popular IPs and will fill seats.

And they didn't seem to mind shutting down GMR for Mickey so they won't mind shutting Indy down for a ride. IMHO, of course. I have no idea what their plan is. I don't even think they know.

@MansionButler84 any chance you know current guest feedback on Indy, Beauty, Mermaid and Muppets? Where do they fall? Anyone know?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Eh. I see your point. Then why is Muppet Vision always empty? That's a better attraction.

MV3D can cycle over 1,800 people per hour all day long. So, in a 12 hour day, more than 21 thousand people can be accommodated. So... it's not going to see long lines or packed theaters like shows with less throughput or are newer.

All the big theater shows with non-stop cycling tend to wind up as walk-ons with less-than-filled seating: CoP, PhilharMagic, ITTBaB, the pavilion movies, Tiki Room, CBJ. [Of course, on crazy packed days, even these will fill up.]

DAK1928

I'd be very surprised if they closed Indy before/during the initial phases of SW:GE's opening.

Don't forget that Indy is a Lucasfilm IP, and one with a new film in the works.

With the surge of visitors arriving at DHS in 2019 for SW:GE, this is a great marketing opportunity for fans to also reconnect with the franchise prior to Indy 5 releasing in 2020.

Kman101

I'd be very surprised if they closed Indy before/during the initial phases of SW:GE's opening.

Don't forget that Indy is a Lucasfilm IP, and one with a new film in the works.

With the surge of visitors arriving at DHS in 2019 for SW:GE, this is a great marketing opportunity for fans to also reconnect with the franchise prior to Indy 5 releasing in 2020.

A new ride could do the same thing. But I do agree it's hard to see them closing something else down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom