An unofficial April 2008 thread!

sbkline

I didn't want to flatter myself by thinking I'm important enough to be able to use the word "official" in any of my thread topics, but as I'm sitting here bored at home on my day off, I thought I'd see who else is going in April.

I know it's 8 long months away, but I thought it would be neat to see who all is going and maybe we could arrange some meetings...either a big group meeting, or just a bunch of one on one meetings among different people who are going to be there at the same time.

I'm planning for April 13-21. What about anyone else?

fizzle75

We plan on going the week of April 13th. We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, which is on the 18th!

I wonder if they'll do something special for the Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary while we're there?

Cool! We'll be celebrating our anniversary on the 16th!:wave:

Upvote 0

imamouse

Not that anyone cares, but I just checked the calendar and realized I am a day closer than I thought I was! I am in double digits as of today, not tommorrow! :sohappy:

So, 99 days from today, we pull out of the driveway and begin the road trip to WDW. 100 days from today, we arrive and check in. But for countdown purposes, I count from the day we hit the road, as I count the road trip as part of the fun!

Wow - that's a long distance! How long will it take to drive to WDW from IL? Wishing you a safe journey and a magical vacation :wave:.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Changed some of my ADRs around; I can't believe I was able to get what I wanted when I wanted at 73 days out!

I added 1900 Park Fare for dinner and Chef Mickey's for breakfast :sohappy:

(My edited itinerary is back on page 3)

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Wow - that's a long distance! How long will it take to drive to WDW from IL? Wishing you a safe journey and a magical vacation :wave:.

I think it comes up to around 18 hours, but it depends on how long your stops are in between. Do you stop at a sit down restaraunt or fast food, do you spend alot of time at the rest stops, or just enough to use the can, etc.

Last year, we dropped our son off at the in-laws and left their driveway around 6:20 AM Central time. We drove until around 10:30 PM Eastern Time (9:30 Central Time) and stopped at Jasper, FL to hit the hay for the night. We left the Days Inn in Jasper around 7 AM the next morning and pulled into Port Orleans Riverside at 10:20 AM.

So it looks like around 15 hours on the road on Sunday and 3 1/2 hours on the road Monday, for a total of around 18 1/2 hours.

Upvote 0

fizzle75

We couldn't get into the All Star Suites for the week of our anniversary. Kind of bummed about that. So we just moved it to the week of the 27th.

Happy anniversary to you too!! How many years?

April 16th will be three glorious years. :wave:

Here's our itenerary...

Thursday, April 10th-Arrive at Orlando International Airport at around 6:00pm. Dinner at Boma at 8:20pm then just chill at AKL the rest of the night. We looove AKL!

Friday, April 11th-Epcot, dinner at Rose & Crown at 6:30

Saturday, April 12th- Disney's Hollywood Studios, Fantasmic dinner package at 5:30

Sunday, April 13th-Magic Kingdom, dinner at Ohana at 5:00pm

Monday, April 14th-Animal Kingdom, dinner at California Grill with sbkline and his wife at 8:00pm.

Tuesday, April 15th-Animal Kingdom, dinner at Yak & Yeti at 5:30pm.

Wednesday, April 16th-Our Anniversary! Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach, Dinner at Jiko at 7:40

Thursday, April 17th-Magic Kingdom, dinner at Spoodles at 7:00 then mini golf at Fantasia Gardens with sbkline and his wife.

Friday, April 18th-Epcot, dinner at Le Cellier at 6:30pm

Saturday, April 19th- Head back home to the beauful mountains of Western, NC. :(

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
We, too, have an anniversary during that trip. Our anniversary is April 12, and it will be 5 years. But unlike Fizzle, our anniversary will be spent in the van driving to WDW. :D

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Hey everyone :wave:

I just posted this on the news & rumors forum, but thought you might check out the trip planning forum first:

Just posted on AllEars today:

NEW! [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pirate and Princess Party Will Likely Be Extended into April, May and June - Dates to be announced.[/FONT]

Looks like it really is going to happen!

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

taylorsmommy530

We plan on going the week of April 13th. We'll be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, which is on the 18th!

I wonder if they'll do something special for the Animal Kingdom's 10th anniversary while we're there?

I just found this thread....

How funny - my husband and I will be celebrating our 10th on April 18th as well....and we'll be in Disney! We are going from the 16-23rd with our daughter!!

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
I put the remaining balance of my vacation on the ol' credit card this weekend. So as soon as I mail off the credit card payment this week, I'll be officially paid in full! :sohappy: 77 days from today, we check in, although I count it as 76, since it is 76 days from today that we pull out of the driveway. :D

Upvote 0

Sadiebird

I just found this thread....

How funny - my husband and I will be celebrating our 10th on April 18th as well....and we'll be in Disney! We are going from the 16-23rd with our daughter!!

Ok, even weirder, I just looked at your profile. We're the same age (My b-day is in October), we both live on Long Island, and I'm a stay at home Mommy too!!! :lookaroun How old is your kid? We should do a playdate!

Upvote 0

taylorsmommy530

Ok, even weirder, I just looked at your profile. We're the same age (My b-day is in October), we both live on Long Island, and I'm a stay at home Mommy too!!! :lookaroun How old is your kid? We should do a playdate!

LOL how funny! My daughter is 5, in kindergarten. This is her thrid trip to Disney in four years!! She's so excited.....

Upvote 0

Sadiebird

LOL how funny! My daughter is 5, in kindergarten. This is her thrid trip to Disney in four years!! She's so excited.....

My son is 2. This will be his 5th trip since he was born. Plus one when I was pregnant with him. It gets better each time we bring him! We're there the week after you.

Did you grow up on Long Island?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom