An unofficial April 2008 thread!

sbkline

I didn't want to flatter myself by thinking I'm important enough to be able to use the word "official" in any of my thread topics, but as I'm sitting here bored at home on my day off, I thought I'd see who else is going in April.

I know it's 8 long months away, but I thought it would be neat to see who all is going and maybe we could arrange some meetings...either a big group meeting, or just a bunch of one on one meetings among different people who are going to be there at the same time.

I'm planning for April 13-21. What about anyone else?

beryl628

We are heading home April 18-27! Yay! I can't wait. This will be Nathan's 4th trip and our new baby's 1st trip!!! Can't wait!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

EaglesFTW

going during school vacation and staying at the board walk. how is the board walk? im not to thrilled about it and woudl of rather stay at the wl like i have the last two times ive been there but family insisted we try somethign new

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Well, I guess I have to remove myself from the "unofficial April '08" thread :( ... we changed our dates to May 2-10. Although that's not etched in stone until plane tickets are purchased. Even though we're leaving only one week later than originally planned it feels like an eternity!! Oh, btw, I only got an email confirm from Disney Travel Co., nothing in the mail. I thought that was odd.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Tommorrow is Sept 1, which means that one month from tommorrow, we can see what the April hours are going to be!! :D

One month from Sept 16, I will be able to book my ADR's. It's starting to feel like my trip is just around the corner. :lol:

Upvote 0

Lindsy1052

No, we still think he's too little. And before anyone jumps on me, take note that I did say "WE". :lol: My wife prefers not to take a child this young either.

I figure we'll have to skip 2009, if all goes according to plan, since we will start trying to have our second child next year on or after vacation. So the next time we may possibly be able to go after next year would be 2010, when he's almost 4. We might consider him old enough to take then, but then we'd have to leave the new baby at home with Grandma. One of these days, Lord Willing, we'll make a trip down there with all the kids. :)

Short little story on taking babies to Disney. My mom came to Orlando to visit with me, my kids and at the time 2 of her great-grandchildren. She took us all to Disney. The baby was 12 months old. We were riding "It's A Small World" with the baby sitting on my lap. He looked up at the ceiling and saw all the dolls, bright colors, etc. and started clapping his hands and laughing. My mom had tears running down her cheeks. Mom went home to NY and 2 weeks later died of a massive heart attack. That was 15 years ago and to this day we still talk about her reaction to the baby. The little ones won't remember a thing about the trip, but you will never forget their expressions at the things the observe. This was prior to my working for Disney. Since then we have always taken the babies with us to the parks and I could tell you a zillion stories. Don't leave the little ones home, these are memories you will have for the rest of your life.

Upvote 0

disneyflush

April 6th - 12th at Carribean Beach Resort. DD will be 1 year old on April 7th and 2nd DD will be 11 on April 11th. We're going to have both birthday parties down there next year! Lots of work to be done before then though.:p

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
Just thought I'd find this old thread and bump it up as we are getting closer to April. Only 4 months away now, instead of the 8 when I originally posted the thread!

Upvote 0

Lakritz

will it really be crowded

Long time lurker - second(?) time poster here, with a question:wave:
First: What a great source of information this board is, I just love it!!:ROFLOL:
I will be at WDW from 04/24 - 05/01..travelling all the way from germany, with some friends who are firsttimers. I chose this week, because I thought, with easter being so early next year WDW might not be that crowded. Am I right? Am I totally wrong?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
I chose this week, because I thought, with easter being so early next year WDW might not be that crowded. Am I right? Am I totally wrong?:veryconfu

I thought the way you do, as well. But someone informed me that there are alot of spring breaks still taking place up in Northeast, and many of them come to WDW.

One way of judging how busy WDW expects to be is to notice their hours of operation. MK and MGM (soon to be called Disney's Hollywood Studios) are both open until 10 PM several times that week. To me, that is an indication that they are expecting high crowds that week.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Original Poster
For those going in April, who all has their itinerary set yet?

Here's mine:

Sunday April 13: arrive on WDW property somewhere between 9 AM and 11 AM. Do a horseback ride at Ft Wilderness at 11:30, and check into Port Orleans Riverside afterwards (unless we arrive early enough to check in first and then go to FW) Then, spend a few hours at MK before heading over to Epcot for supper at Le Chefs de France and finish out the evening there.

Monday April 14: Universal Studios all day, then back to resort afterwards. We're meeting up with another poster from these boards and his wife for supper at California Grill at 8 PM

Tuesday April 15: Epcot for AM EMH, then stay until 12 or 1 PM, then back to resort for the afternoon. Then supper at Artist Point along with a carraige ride at FW, then possibly the electric water pageant.

Wednesday April 16: Animal Kingdom all day, then back to resort for the evening with supper at Boatwrights

Thursday April 17: Sea World all day, then supper at Spoodles and meet up with a friend for the Boardwalk and some mini-golf at Fantasia.

Friday April 18: Beach all day, then over to Epcot for supper at Le Cellier and evening EMH

Saturday April 19: Hollywood Studios all day, Supper at Mama Melrose

Sunday April 20: Breakfast at Crystal Palace, then MK until noon or 1PM, then back to resort for a nap. Back to MK in the evening for supper at Liberty Tree and evening EMH.

Upvote 0

RussJT

March 29th to April 5th.

March 29th - arrive mid afternoon. Check in at All-Star Movies (My son chose where we would stay. This will be the 2nd time we have stayed there.) Relax at the resort, hit tohe pool to unwind after the flight.

March 30 - Our traditional starting point of an 8:05 Crystal palace breakfast. Spend all day at the Magic Kingdom. (We actually decided to not get park hoppers this trip.)

March 31st - All day at Epcot. Dinner with the Princesses in Norway around 5:00. (I forget the actual time & I don't feel like like pulling up the file where I have it saved at the moment.)

April 1st - Animal Kingdom all day. Dinner at Chef Mickey's at 7:00

April 2nd - Breakfast (9:00) at Ohana's with Lilo and Stitch. Day either in the pool or at Downtown Disney. Might set up an appointment for my DD5 at Bibbidi Bobbidi Botique. Dinner at 6:00 at 1900 Park Fare.

April 3rd - Disney Hollywood Studios. Fantasmic Dinner package at Mama Melrose.

April 4th - Back to the Magic Kingdom. Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. Hopefully a Pirates and Princess Party to close out the week. The park is listed as closing at 7:00 that night. Hopefully that is the reason.

April 5th - Fly home mid-afternoon.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom