An Explorer's Notes: Magic Kingdom and World News and Pictures

SirGoofy

Forget FL and TL! ALand needs it!:D

Unfortunately...technically we don't. Considering our technical land encompasses three of the most popular rides in the park(JC, POTC, HM), I doubt we'll be getting anything major added anytime soon, and I think that's the main reason the Fantasyland project won out.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Unfortunately...technically we don't. Considering our technical land encompasses three of the most popular rides in the park(JC, POTC, HM), I doubt we'll be getting anything major added anytime soon, and I think that's the main reason the Fantasyland project won out.

HM?:shrug: That's in LS.

Shame, though....The attractions might not need it, but the look and feel of it does. And badly.

Made me quite sad to see ALand (or at least the first part) in such condition.

SirGoofy

HM?:shrug: That's in LS.

Ah, but remember, Aland/LS is run by the same team.:wave:

Shame, though....The attractions might not need it, but the look and feel of it does. And badly.

Made me quite sad to see ALand (or at least the first part) in such condition.

I really don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be.:lol:

Fantasyland looks much uglier, not to mention the Speedway entrance to Tomorrowland.

Hrudey3032

Wonderful report. Thanks for all the typing :wave:

I think I`m most happy about the rainbow underline on the Spectro logo :D

All that typing?That probably just took a 5 minute block of time for Evan to complete.With all his twittering,FB, and WDWMagic posts I am not sure how he finds time to sleep and study. :ROFLOL::wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Ah, but remember, Aland/LS is run by the same team.:wave:

I really don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be.:lol:

Fantasyland looks much uglier, not to mention the Speedway entrance to Tomorrowland.

Shocking, seeing that LS is in GREAT condition.

I was fine with FL for the most part this trip. :shrug: West is vibrant, the buildings look good. It just needs some green. East has a few problems and looks worn.

Speedway...Yes, that is worse.:lol:

But there was one point in ALand, near Aladdin, where it just felt WRONG to me. Very un-Disney-ish. I've honestly never felt like that in WDW before.:eek::shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
All that typing?That probably just took a 5 minute block of time for Evan to complete.With all his twittering,FB, and WDWMagic posts I am not sure how he finds time to sleep and study. :ROFLOL::wave:
Trust me, come Monday, you will be seeing a little less of me.:lol::eek:

And add reading and running to that list of activeties you have my daily activity.:lol:

WDW1974

Isn`t that par for the course in Orlando now compared to previous decades, and other resorts?

Of course!

Orlando is the LCD of the Disney universe.

And it does have the worst entertainment of any of the resorts (perhaps excepting extras that aren't at the parks like HDD or Cirque).

WDW1974

It is barren, I give it that, but it was WAY worse in 06.:zipit: As I noted, I was quite happy to see that there were very large plants in the planters now, and the trees are allowed to grow out. Very bushy.

I don't have as much a problem with it as I once did.:shrug::D

Sure. This is FLA, you plant something and it grows. But just because the twigs of a few years ago have grown some, they in no way resemble the mature shade trees (with the nice firefly lights) that were there for decades.

The MK feels much more barren than it once did because of all the tree removal and Main Street ... from Town Square right to the Hub and Hub Waterways are the worst offender.

WDW Vacationer

Sure. This is FLA, you plant something and it grows. But just because the twigs of a few years ago have grown some, they in no way resemble the mature shade trees (with the nice firefly lights) that were there for decades.

The MK feels much more barren than it once did because of all the tree removal and Main Street ... from Town Square right to the Hub and Hub Waterways are the worst offender.
I miss the lights in the trees.:(

Disneyson 1

Sorry I hadn't gotten here before, I was away...

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

That was (by far) one of the most fantastic, heartfelt, and plain great reports I've read.

Can't wait for your first rides on some EPCOT attractions!

WDW1974

I REALLY hope so. The area is way to cramped and busy. MK with a aesthetic problem....It must have gotten jealous of EPCOT.:lol:

It wasn't at one time. It was lush and mysterious and British Colonial with some Polynesian and African thrown in. And it worked.

But then they closed the Veranada, only at the time the largest QSR in MK, and let it rot. They clogged the walkway by adding crap carts across the way. They thinned trees. They removed the torches that use to add ambiance at night. They added the awful spinner. They took all the merchandise out of the shops and put it outside making it feel like a flea market ... first at the front of the land, later at the back. What was a quiet, beautiful open Caribbean Plaza with trees and working fountains is now a pirate flea market.

And across the way where you had three unique shops, you know have loads of seating for a QSR that is open at most three months a year.

Pirate dining? Better than nothing. If it were to get it open and fixed, I would be happy. Same with AC.

That was the plan in 2006-07, but whether it is still (pardon the pun) on the table, I'm not sure.

And let the AC go. It's done.

WDW Vacationer

It wasn't at one time. It was lush and mysterious and British Colonial with some Polynesian and African thrown in. And it worked.

But then they closed the Veranada, only at the time the largest QSR in MK, and let it rot. They clogged the walkway by adding crap carts across the way. They thinned trees. They removed the torches that use to add ambiance at night. They added the awful spinner. They took all the merchandise out of the shops and put it outside making it feel like a flea market ... first at the front of the land, later at the back. What was a quiet, beautiful open Caribbean Plaza with trees and working fountains is now a pirate flea market.

And across the way where you had three unique shops, you know have loads of seating for a QSR that is open at most three months a year.

That was the plan in 2006-07, but whether it is still (pardon the pun) on the table, I'm not sure.

And let the AC go. It's done.
People on here will never let the AC go. I think they have unresolved issues and need a therapist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom