An Explorer's Notes: Magic Kingdom and World News and Pictures

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Fantasmic is awesome...I just wish it was easier to see, because you have to wait so long...

It's passable, but that's opinion vs. opinion.:shrug:

It would be much more awesome if it were more accessible, like in DL. It needs to be in the middle of a land, not in a amphitheater..

SirGoofy

Evan...Aland the worst land? No way. It's tied for second with Frontierland behind Liberty Square, and if it wasn't for that dang spinner destroying the aesthetics, it may be number 1.

imagineer boy

I'm there rolling my eyes with you haha. I know it's practically a sin to not like Wishes but that choir part for some reason is creepy to me :lookaroun

Yeah, just slow the singing down and add an echo and I can easily picture a blood soaked Jiminy Cricket with a knife limping towards the camera. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Evan...Aland the worst land? No way. It's tied for second with Frontierland behind Liberty Square, and if it wasn't for that dang spinner destroying the aesthetics, it may be number 1.

I'm sorry, Goof!:lol::(

I did NOT like what I saw in the first part of the land. Everything looked messy, faded and falling apart. Architecture clashed, too. Is it tropical, or is it african?

JC, POTC, Tiki, and SFTH were all OK, though. That part of the land is fine. Very lush, well kept, and calm, even. It's the entrance that drags it down.:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
24192353.jpg

IASW, via my Twitter!:wave: If you wish you can head over there and read the trip log!:wave:

http://twitter.com/EPCOTExplorer

Thanks again for all your kind words! Makes me love doing these TR's.:D

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT Explorer
I really don't get the Wishes hate...:lol:

The same here. It is a great show & I always watch it whenever at MK.

WDW1974 was being sarcastic, right? :rolleyes:

Um ... no, he wasn't.

And he doesn't 'hate' Wishes. He's tired of it. He finds the soundtrack annoyingly 'syrupy' and the moppets singing to be like fingers on the chalkboard after dozens of viewings.

He also doesn't like that the Hub trees and seating area were butchered like a bad 90210 job in order to provide better viewing for the very limited projections on the castle during the show.

But hate it? Nope.

Like all of Steve Davison's pyro shows, it's very good at what it does.

But it doesn't begin to compare with the Halloween and Christmas versions at MK (or even the show they did for Pirates and Princess Parties that was very good) ... or shows like Believe and Remember at DL ... or even Disney in the Sky at HKDL.

At the end of the day, it's a fine show.

But I'm ready for something new ... something better ... and something without moppets singing about magic, dreams and ... wishes.

imagineer boy

One other little thing I kinda don't like about Wishes (I like Wishes, don't get me wrong!) is the narration. Do we really need character voices to introduce each of the segments? You can do that perfectly well just through images and music, which Illuminations does perfectly well at.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOT Explorer
I really don't get the Wishes hate...:lol:

Um ... no, he wasn't.

And he doesn't 'hate' Wishes. He's tired of it. He finds the soundtrack annoyingly 'syrupy' and the moppets singing to be like fingers on the chalkboard after dozens of viewings.

He also doesn't like that the Hub trees and seating area were butchered like a bad 90210 job in order to provide better viewing for the very limited projections on the castle during the show.

But hate it? Nope.

Like all of Steve Davison's pyro shows, it's very good at what it does.

But it doesn't begin to compare with the Halloween and Christmas versions at MK (or even the show they did for Pirates and Princess Parties that was very good) ... or shows like Believe and Remember at DL ... or even Disney in the Sky at HKDL.

At the end of the day, it's a fine show.

But I'm ready for something new ... something better ... and something without moppets singing about magic, dreams and ... wishes.

It is barren, I give it that, but it was WAY worse in 06.:zipit: As I noted, I was quite happy to see that there were very large plants in the planters now, and the trees are allowed to grow out. Very bushy.

I don't have as much a problem with it as I once did.:shrug::D

Isn`t that par for the course in Orlando now compared to previous decades, and other resorts?

Ahhh...FiTS.....How I miss your Attraction Tie Ins....:eek:

(Wish that Wishes did a little more of that!)

SirGoofy

I did NOT like what I saw in the first part of the land. Everything looked messy, faded and falling apart. Architecture clashed, too. Is it tropical, or is it african?

JC, POTC, Tiki, and SFTH were all OK, though. That part of the land is fine. Very lush, well kept, and calm, even. It's the entrance that drags it down.:wave:

Seriously? The architecture doesn't change until you get to the Bazaar, but honestly I blame that on Aladdin.

As for the falling apart, the old Veranda building is the only one that looks kinda shabby, but of course, we can't bother to fix something that isn't open, right?:brick:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Seriously? The architecture doesn't change until you get to the Bazaar, but honestly I blame that on Aladdin.

As for the falling apart, the old Veranda building is the only one that looks kinda shabby, but of course, we can't bother to fix something that isn't open, right?:brick:

That whole area is what bothered me. It needs SOMETHING....Like I said, reverting to what they had, or something to mimic the back part of the land would work.

As for the Veranda...Are there any plans to open it? Rumors, even? It is falling apart, and the most they can do is some facade work.:shrug:

SirGoofy

That whole area is what bothered me. It needs SOMETHING....Like I said, reverting to what they had, or something to mimic the back part of the land would work.

Hopefully Aladdin being removed is still in the cards, and once that happens some work will be done on fixing the problem.

As for the Veranda...Are there any plans to open it? Rumors, even? It is falling apart, and the most they can do is some facade work.:shrug:

Nope, not that I've heard in a while. Last rumor I heard about the Veranda was the Pirate Character Dining, which I think is a terrible idea.

Personally I think it would be a nice place for the fake Adventurer's Club like they are doing in Hong Kong.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Hopefully Aladdin being removed is still in the cards, and once that happens some work will be done on fixing the problem.

Nope, not that I've heard in a while. Last rumor I heard about the Veranda was the Pirate Character Dining, which I think is a terrible idea.

Personally I think it would be a nice place for the fake Adventurer's Club like they are doing in Hong Kong.

I REALLY hope so. The area is way to cramped and busy. MK with a aesthetic problem....It must have gotten jealous of EPCOT.:lol:

Pirate dining? Better than nothing. If it were to get it open and fixed, I would be happy. Same with AC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom