Buffalo Wings
Fried Green Tomatoes
Gumbo
Red Beans and Rice
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
St. Louis Ribs
New York Cheesecake

:shrug:

Exactly! I have no problem with the selection of food at the American Exhibit, it's the way it's served. Why can't they simply change the way it's presented? In a non-walk up fashion. A waiter service would be amazing. Very classy.

The Conundrum

I'm sorry, but there is nothing classy about hamburgers and hot dogs. You want class? Go to one of the other restaurants in World Showcase. I don't get it. :brick:

yea like the French restaurant that now has been reduced to serving $20 hamburgers because of very un-classy people.

Golden3696

I'm sorry, but there is nothing classy about hamburgers and hot dogs. You want class? Go to one of the other restaurants in World Showcase. I don't get it. :brick:

Allow me to explain. All the other countries have nice, sit and dine restaurants. America is getting ripped off. We need a nice, American restaurant with service. Waiter and waitresses. Just a classy restaurant, with food like I quoted above.

aladdin2007

I would love to see another JII refurb.....however I have seen the other refurbs and they were NOT pretty :snore:

Yeah makes me worry about anything they do next, not a very promising feeling. Especially when you cant finish what you start. cough sse cough.

JEANYLASER

What would be nice is if they could get Captain EO in there before Spring Break for a special one year only run and then once that is up, get ready for the new Journey Into Imagination ride that uses the Magic Eye Theater to expand upon the dark ride track.

I think if they could get EO back there with a preshow that goes over the history of the attraction and a tribute to MJ before you enter the theater, it could be a big hit for a limited run. It would earn a lot of national media attention and would help set up more time for a HISTA replacement if they still wanted to keep the theater.

Of course, this has no chance of happening :)

It's awesome idea dxwwf to make a tribute to Michael Jackson as Captain EO!
I think if they could get EO back there with a preshow that goes over the history of the attraction and a tribute to MJ before you enter the theater, it could be a big hit for a limited run. It would earn a lot of national media attention! And Here's the website it's www.captaineo.com and click to bring Captain EO on DVD Petition!

janoimagine

The purpose of the World Showcase is for people to experience other cultures, not eat the same crap American hot dogs everywhere else in the park.

Unless you live in a large city with lots of ethnicities or do lots of traveling, it's the closest thing to world cuisine MANY people in the country will EVER see. So, people should put the hot dog and hamburger down and try something different for once. You know that saying; live a little.

p.s. Canaduh has a steak house.

Right, but I agree with Golden3696, America does need a better representation of it's food in that area of the World Showcase. Keep in mind that a huge number of WDW visitors are from foreign countries.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Right, but I agree with Golden3696, America does need a better representation of it's food in that area of the World Showcase. Keep in mind that a huge number of WDW visitors are from foreign countries.
Trust me, as a Brit and rightly or wrongly USA = hamburger.

SirGoofy

You have never been to a little bar known as Jersey's in Miami.:D

And the owner is from Philly, so that might soften the deal.;)

Okay 99.99999% of places outside that radius can't make a cheesesteak.:lol:

But I shudder to think how bad a Disney counter service cheesesteak would be.:hurl:

RoRo

What would be so wrong with:

New England Clam Chowder
Philly Cheese Steak
Buffalo Wings
Fried Green Tomatoes
Gumbo
Red Beans and Rice
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
St. Louis Ribs
New York Cheesecake

I would not mind a sit-down restaurant with that menu. They should just refurb the Liberty Inn and make it so.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster

But I shudder to think how bad a Disney counter service cheesesteak would be.:hurl:
:lol: Eh...Might be good.

The Borse (I would think you know where that is!) makes very good CS Steaks.:shrug::lol:

Vernonpush

That's why it has to be an actual "sit down" restaurant, where it's prepared for you by a Chef. Not just something that's been prepared days ago and slopped on a plate behind the counter.

Lee

Adventurer
What would be so wrong with:

New England Clam Chowder
Philly Cheese Steak
Buffalo Wings
Fried Green Tomatoes
Gumbo
Red Beans and Rice
Chicago Deep Dish Pizza
Memphis Ribs
New York Cheesecake

Fixed that for ya.:cool:

And yes....better food is needed at the American pavillion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom