All EPCOT Center, All the Time- Part II

Expo_Seeker40

Why can't it just be The Disneyland Resort...and within it.....Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom and Walt Disney's California Adventure? :zipit:

Up through the late 60s/early 70s, one could still find signs that said "Welcome to Disneyland...Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom"

And then all the foreign parks should just be IMO, Disneyland: (something), not Tokyo Disney, etc

Disneyland: Tokyo, Disneyland: Paris, and Disneyland: Hong Kong

i.e. The Disneyland Tokyo Resort featuring Disneyland Park and Tokyo Disney Sea

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Why can't it just be The Disneyland Resort...and within it.....Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom and Walt Disney's California Adventure? :zipit:

Up through the late 60s/early 70s, one could still find signs that said "Welcome to Disneyland...Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom"

And then all the foreign parks should just be IMO, Disneyland: (something), not Tokyo Disney, etc

Honestly, I hate that there are several Disneylands.:shrug: There should be one of those- The original. The only one.

We should be WALT Disney World, to honor Walt's whole name and dream.

Everything else...? Tokyo Disney World. Paris Disney World.:shrug:

Just seems right, to me.

jt04

I think this is the idea but it seems it has hit a roadblock which I can't believe is internal to TWDC because it is just such a great idea. So we'll see.

dismedic

While we are on EPCOT, During our last vist last week May 09 Illuminations seems to have lost its ambiance. Now myself and family love ROE but it seems to have lost its ambiance, the perimeter torches had not even been lit constantly for the showings thru the week , the pre show music well given its been changed actually (cough) sucks il liked the old music previous to this version. Now I now the perimeter fireworks are weather dependent so Ill give them that one but over all its loosing its integrity as a show , Now I do like the new improved globe you can actually make out the visula from afar and the inferno barge looks great since its rehab but over all ROE seems to have lost its origins of a great nighttime show. Bring back the EPCOT of old not all of it but if they keep cutting and trimming what will be left of EPCOT as we know it? The land although it was in need of a make over is now over crowded SOARIN is a top notch ride but the film is showing its age, The land tour is still good but lost its personality with the automated spiel its good but the CMs version was better more personable.
SSE well good right up to the triangles what are they thinking??? EPCOT is a educational icon what happend, Now I still believe in Disney magic and continue to go and enjoy thru DVC but do we need a pin station and DVC booth every three feet?? Test track when its running consistently is OK still enjoy it, The Seas great Q nemo is the best for both kids and adults so this one gets a good job but keep up with it do not let it go maintenance and a good show will keep that pavilion going strong, Energy needs an update bad, Its ideals are more now than ver needed to be played out for visitors energy is on everyone minds so lets start by giving the public some up to date education as well as entertaining messages and show , The old WOL come on energy and health are the two biggest issues in our society Health care reform is one of the biggest subjects and with Semens at the helm in EPCOT as a major sponsor come on get with it half the equipment in my hospital is a Semens product for goodness sake. Lets give the public some health wise entertainment beside the public announcements of how the "swine flu" is a pandemic.

The flower show is always excellent as well and the F & W but lets make EPCOT what it should be a great park full of energy from gate opening to gate closing. :wave:

DisneyDellsDude

Honestly, I hate that there are several Disneylands.:shrug: There should be one of those- The original. The only one.

We should be WALT Disney World, to honor Walt's whole name and dream.

Everything else...? Tokyo Disney World. Paris Disney World.:shrug:

Just seems right, to me.
None of those are large enough to be a "world" imo.
We're a World because we have enough space - which may not last for too long at the rate they are selling it.:mad:

aladdin2007

We're a World because we have enough space - which may not last for too long at the rate they are selling it.:mad:

I agree thats been bothering me too. Whats up with that! Pretty soon its going to end up like Anaheim if they continue to sell off surounding land. Now we have the new hotel sticking up behind epcot, is that the four seasons? no wait thats over in the northern corner of the property right?

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster

Eh... That's true, but the naming fits, IMHO. Land is the original, Walt has his dream World, and Worlds are far away from all other nomenclature.

What's next, DisneyUniverse?:lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
That is because WDW is the only resort to have four parks, countless resorts, and a sports area.

I can count the resorts.:lookaroun

But I don't know...The name Disneyland is special. There should only be one.

Maybe Tokyo has the right idea when they call it the Tokyo Disney Resort. Or the Paris Disney Resort. Call the parks Magic Kingdoms.:shrug::shrug:

EpcotServo

I can count the resorts.:lookaroun

But I don't know...The name Disneyland is special. There should only be one.

Maybe Tokyo has the right idea when they call it the Tokyo Disney Resort. Or the Paris Disney Resort. Call the parks Magic Kingdoms.:shrug::shrug:

That doesn't make sense, Magic Kingdom is the only one with a different name (Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disneyland Paris) it's fine, I believe Walt called it "Disneyland East"...
:shrug::lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
That doesn't make sense, Magic Kingdom is the only one with a different name (Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disneyland Paris) it's fine, I believe Walt called it "Disneyland East"...
:shrug::lol:

But in the EPCOT Film he called it "a whole new Disney World...with EPCOT at the heart of this project"

The words" Disney World" then apeared on screen in yellow in the same script as the Disneyland logo...:shrug:

NOMENCLATURE!!!*headdesk*:lol:

EpcotServo

But in the EPCOT Film he called it "a whole new Disney World...with EPCOT at the heart of this project"

The words" Disney World" then apeared on screen in yellow in the same script as the Disneyland logo...:shrug:

NOMENCLATURE!!!*headdesk*:lol:

I don't know where you get your ideas, Evan...
:rolleyes: :lol:

Golden3696

Idea for HISTO.

Keep the idea of a 3-D movie. Make some sort of Pixar-made 25 minute movie. Maybe a short Up feature? Like starring a side character like Doug. Just him in his own adventure.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Idea for HISTO.

Keep the idea of a 3-D movie. Make some sort of Pixar-made 25 minute movie. Maybe a short Up feature? Like starring a side character like Doug. Just him in his own adventure.

Hopefully the theater is ripped out for more ride space, but that's just me...:lookaroun:D

dxwwf3

What would be nice is if they could get Captain EO in there before Spring Break for a special one year only run and then once that is up, get ready for the new Journey Into Imagination ride that uses the Magic Eye Theater to expand upon the dark ride track.

I think if they could get EO back there with a preshow that goes over the history of the attraction and a tribute to MJ before you enter the theater, it could be a big hit for a limited run. It would earn a lot of national media attention and would help set up more time for a HISTA replacement if they still wanted to keep the theater.

Of course, this has no chance of happening :)

brent2124

If they do anything at all to HISTA I will be happy. It is one of my least liked attraction. I have seen it once in the past 10 years and only because someone I was with wanted to and it had no wait at all. A revival of Captain Eo sounds great to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom