All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-1MILLION

Energy is closed longn enough to at least get started on bringing back some of the original effects that were in the diorama that made it better than Ellen's version. It is like when they made the films more entertaining they cut out a lot of the neat effects.

I want

-The lava back

-the heat going into the volcano and the time warp feel through the foscils

-the smells

-the humid air feeling from the heaters that would raise the temp up just a few degrees to make all the difference

-the blanket of Co2 on the ground that once blanketed the area so you couldnot see the concrete.

-some of the dark rainstorm effects.

-In the least some shapening up of Ellen if they don't just remove the Animatronic and audio

- or if they can not remove the animatronic than figure out way to make the real water splashing on the rocks behind her and the creature as it once did.

Ah well, some freshening up will be nice at least. Was kind of hoping for digital film transfer eventually but I doubt it. Maybe they will at least do some major work while changing the systems they are working on so the airbags can perform better. Not sure what kind of current state its in.

aladdin2007

I agree all of that would be great for Energy. But without a sponsor sadly I cant see Disney paying out the money right now for all those great things, its probably as little as possible or just what has to be done to keep it running. Maybe at least the lava will flow again.

SirNim

By the way, Ben... Your new signature made me laugh so loud that my coworker in the next office asked me if I was alright!
You know the reference? :sohappy: Have you gone?

I just snagged a few free tickets to see a taping in June, so to commemorate said snagging, I put up the new sig! :animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

Energy is closed longn enough to at least get started on bringing back some of the original effects that were in the diorama that made it better than Ellen's version. It is like when they made the films more entertaining they cut out a lot of the neat effects.

I want

-The lava back

-the heat going into the volcano and the time warp feel through the foscils

-the smells

-the humid air feeling from the heaters that would raise the temp up just a few degrees to make all the difference

-the blanket of Co2 on the ground that once blanketed the area so you couldnot see the concrete.

-some of the dark rainstorm effects.

-In the least some shapening up of Ellen if they don't just remove the Animatronic and audio

- or if they can not remove the animatronic than figure out way to make the real water splashing on the rocks behind her and the creature as it once did.

Ah well, some freshening up will be nice at least. Was kind of hoping for digital film transfer eventually but I doubt it. Maybe they will at least do some major work while changing the systems they are working on so the airbags can perform better. Not sure what kind of current state its in.
I agree!:D The 1982-96 effects were awesome!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Am I the only one who thinks Ellen's Energy Adventure is the best ride in Epcot.
Yes.
It was there (to my surprise) last July and in October 2007. In fact, all the smoke fx were working (even the Bronto pool and volcano steam jets)
I`ve no idea about Energy, apart from the new carpet in T2 if it`s vehicle specific I suspect it is either new batteries or a manual repo system that dosn`t take 2 weeks to complete. The wire-in-the-floor went years ago in favour of pucks I`m told.

EPCOT Explorer

Yes.
It was there (to my surprise) last July and in October 2007. In fact, all the smoke fx were working (even the Bronto pool and volcano steam jets)
I`ve no idea about Energy, apart from the new carpet in T2 if it`s vehicle specific I suspect it is either new batteries or a manual repo system that dosn`t take 2 weeks to complete. The wire-in-the-floor went years ago in favour of pucks I`m told.

So this refurb won't even be aesthetic?:(

EpcotServo

Travis-San! How are you, pal? :D

You knoooooow I'm excited! If for some reason you're in DHS on 2/27 or Epcot on 2/28 and recognize me, PLEASE come say hi!

I'm doin' good! If I end up there on Friday you know I will! I doubt it though, Like I said, that day I'll be in hibernating for Saturday...a full day of Comic Convention Wonderfulness, the only major Geek Holiday in the Florida Calendar.

(I'd say look for the guy in a black anime releated shirt if you stop by the Convention Center, but that only narrows it down to...maybe 3/4ths the thousands of people there... :lol: )

I just can't wait for the Trip Report! I want photographic evidence of everything.
:D

Vernonpush

How did Martin Short manage to infiltrate both FW and WS? :lookaroun

Suspicious...

Well, Martin Short had been in FW for quite a while- The Making of Me - In WoL. I never saw it. Saw the "new" Canada film once- turned around when he was on the screen and tried to ignore his voice. I am not a fan of M S.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think Test Track needs to be plussed, not replaced. It needs new segments, new encounters, maybe a longer speed portion, and new technology so its not breaking down all the time.
That`s the idea if the bean counters and sponsor - whoever it may be - say yes to the plans.
So this refurb won't even be aesthetic?:(
As far as I know it`s ride system (again) and some polishing.

aladdin2007

Its better than nothing I think, and nice they are giving it some attention even though sponsorless. Ok Imagineering, feed those dinosaurs (oh and Ellen too of course) and then get back into the SSE descent. Thanks.:wave:

tirian

Its better than nothing I think, and nice they are giving it some attention even though sponsorless. Ok Imagineering, feed those dinosaurs (oh and Ellen too of course) and then get back into the SSE descent. Thanks.:wave:

Why not feed Ellen to the dinosaurs? :shrug:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I'm doin' good! If I end up there on Friday you know I will! I doubt it though, Like I said, that day I'll be in hibernating for Saturday...a full day of Comic Convention Wonderfulness, the only major Geek Holiday in the Florida Calendar.

(I'd say look for the guy in a black anime releated shirt if you stop by the Convention Center, but that only narrows it down to...maybe 3/4ths the thousands of people there... :lol: )

I just can't wait for the Trip Report! I want photographic evidence of everything.
:D
Travis, though I know we can't spend all day together, if I were to somehow see you it would totally make my day.

I will be the tall blonde girl in an EPCOT shirt and probably a cute skirt (any day of the trip), and my sister will be the younger one who looks just like me, but with long Ariel-inspired hair. (Same outfit though... She likes to steal my WDW clothes :lol: )

Honestly, if ANY of you for some reason see me, please don't hesitate to say hi. It's wonderful to be around fellow EPCOT Center fans.
Just like this thread! :D
Oh, Jedi Training 2004, my friend... This thread willl never die... Until we hit 5,000 posts and start an all new thread! Such is the rules of the forum.

:D :sohappy:

Animaniac93-98

Why not feed Ellen to the dinosaurs? :shrug:

I second this.

I'll throw out this question since this is the "EPCOT ROXXX 24/7" thread. Do the still sell the shirts with the old logo and such? If so where and what price?

and let me get this straight on the rehabs:

SSE: New ending still being worked on, 8-12 weeks at this point

UoE: standard refurb, nothing special

WoL: Dead and gone.

MS: Nothing new, so it still isn't worth riding moe than 2 or 3 times for me.

TT: At risk of losing sponsor? Any more details on proopsed "enhancements"?

JiI: So, are they gonna do anything or not? This redo will become the new SM come April 19.

Land: Nothing new planned but I say they should find some way of making the film quality look better.

Seas: I like. Nothing new planned but is that angler fish still busted?

EPCOT Explorer

That`s the idea if the bean counters and sponsor - whoever it may be - say yes to the plans.
Ah...Well, it's something!:D
Oh, Jedi Training 2004, my friend... This thread willl never die... Until we hit 5,000 posts and start an all new thread! Such is the rules of the forum.

:D :sohappy:
:sohappy:
I second this.

I'll throw out this question since this is the "EPCOT ROXXX 24/7" thread. Do the still sell the shirts with the old logo and such? If so where and what price?

and let me get this straight on the rehabs:

SSE: New ending still being worked on, 8-12 weeks at this point

UoE: standard refurb, nothing special

WoL: Dead and gone.

MS: Nothing new, so it still isn't worth riding moe than 2 or 3 times for me.

TT: At risk of losing sponsor? Any more details on proopsed "enhancements"?

JiI: So, are they gonna do anything or not? This redo will become the new SM come April 19.

Land: Nothing new planned but I say they should find some way of making the film quality look better.

Seas: I like. Nothing new planned but is that angler fish still busted?
Agreed with everything except for that last one. The Seas is NOT EPCOT.:dazzle:

Disneyson 1

Geez, EE. Why do ya have to go an hate The Seas so much.

Wait. SSE finale... 8-12 WEEKS?!?!?!? But I want it NOW!!!! And I want a piece of confetti throw-up, and an angler fish, and a pony, and a figment, and a Kimmunicator, and a voice of liberty, and a pony...

EPCOT Explorer

Geez, EE. Why do ya have to go an hate The Seas so much.

Wait. SSE finale... 8-12 WEEKS?!?!?!? But I want it NOW!!!! And I want a piece of confetti throw-up, and an angler fish, and a pony, and a figment, and a Kimmunicator, and a voice of liberty, and a pony...

wonveruca.jpg

And I don't hate TS. I'm just sad to see my favorite FW Pav-The Living Seas- dumbed down. Where is the Informing? Where is the Inspiring? Where is the Future?

It would be great in DAK IMHO. Create a miniland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom