All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight mitsuk

I know this might draw some attention.... but the the whole whimsical Willy Wonka & his chocolate factory overlay might just fit in the space currently occupied by Its a Small World. At least they wouldn't have to change the paint pallete there.

what happens to IASW, does it get moved?

Animaniac93-98

Dahl, Smahl, P.L. Travers hated Disney's Mary Poppins with a passion, before, during and after production. Lot's of other favorite fantasy films have little to do with thier sourcce material, so just saying the author didn't like it isn't a good enough excuse.

The original movie is a cult classic that has fared better with both auidences and critics (look up IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, not to mention AFI's past recogniton) and would be much more recognizable to guests if a ride were ever based on it. Not to mention the possibilities to incorporate Harper Goff's (of 20K fame) set design and the amusing recognizable tunes into the experience.

I'm a Burton fan and I personally feel it is certainly one of his weaker efforts that suffers from a lousy song score and a Wonka who just is unappealing in a gross creey way and can't compare with Gene Wilder. Also, Veruca is no match for her original counterpart. In fact, all the kids seem toned down in an unimpressive way. The humour is not as good, everything for that matter is just dissapointing and comes off as a bad attempt to "top" the first film.

There I said it because this thread can't get more off topic. What's next on the agenda.

SirNim

The humour is not as good, everything for that matter is just dissapointing and comes off as a bad attempt to "top" the first film.
Yeah...they were going for more "eye candy" but neglected to plus the actual story or characterizations in any meaningful way that could provide a hint of classicism to the film.

tirian

P.L. Travers hated Disney's Mary Poppins with a passion, before, during and after production. Lots of other favorite fantasy films have little to do with thier sourcce material, so just saying the author didn't like it isn't a good enough excuse.

Technically, Travers only disliked it until it made her a lot of money; then she took more credit for it than she actually deserved. :lol:

Disneyson 1

Yeah...they were going for more "eye candy" but neglected to plus the actual story or characterizations in any meaningful way that could provide a hint of classicism to the film.

Ha ha ha. It is to laugh.

And nice jab at it's a small world... :drevil:

WDW1974

And I wanna see that SO bad.:dazzle:

*prays for a Miami Company/ Traveling Troupe*

Saw it in London in 2006 on tix from someone who had a lot to do with the music of both the film and the musical ... some Disney legend dude (not to namedrop or anything!)

But it was a practically perfect night at the theater. Just amazing.

I think my next Disney show will be Lion King at Mandalay Bay ... even though I've seen the show in NYC and Florida ... combining Disney and Vegas two of my fave things!

EPCOT Explorer

Saw it in London in 2006 on tix from someone who had a lot to do with the music of both the film and the musical ... some Disney legend dude (not to namedrop or anything!)

But it was a practically perfect night at the theater. Just amazing.

I think my next Disney show will be Lion King at Mandalay Bay ... even though I've seen the show in NYC and Florida ... combining Disney and Vegas two of my fave things!

It looks phenomenal. One question though...How the heck do they do the Chimney Sweep scene? Is it just a background fade or do they actually get "shot" up?:eek::lol:

WDW1974

It looks phenomenal. One question though...How the heck do they do the Chimney Sweep scene? Is it just a background fade or do they actually get "shot" up?:eek::lol:

Good question.

And I was so into the show, I honestly don't recall.

I'll ask the family and friends who were with me.

My gut is they were shot up ... but I wouldn't swear to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom