All Epcot, All the Time (aka Has Disney given up on SSE?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GothMickey

Yes, I think we are all very eager to hear what's in store for WoL...
I'm getting very excited right now....!:p

Anyone have something I can hold on to so I don't fall over?:lookaroun
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I am eager too.

I was viewing some videos of older Epcot. I miss those good old days of The Living Seas, Sea Base Alpha, World of Motion, the original Imagination.

yankspy

I love WOL as much as the next person but if it were still open 99% of people would be complaining on how outdated it is and it needs a refurb. But they do need to do something with the space, if there is one thing I can't stand it's wasted space!!!
My vote would be for a proper space pavilion.:)

CaptainMichael

:lol:

It's all an illusion!

arrested_development_gob_magic.jpg

GothMickey

That would be great too! I always thought they dropped the ball not expanding on Missionspace and making a whole space Pavillion but I would have rather kept Horizons anyway!!

Mission Space doesn't do it for me, and in my opinion, is not a great space attraction. I would be all for adding onto Mission Space pavilion, with maybe a dark ride about the creation of space, the entire universe, space exploration, and what the future could possibly hold in space exploration and colonization. May sound a bit like Horizons, but, hey, Horizons was pretty darn good.

yankspy

Mission Space doesn't do it for me, and in my opinion, is not a great space attraction. I would be all for adding onto Mission Space pavilion, with maybe a dark ride about the creation of space, the entire universe, space exploration, and what the future could possibly hold in space exploration and colonization. May sound a bit like Horizons, but, hey, Horizons was pretty darn good.
I like Mission Space but they could have done much more. Astronomy and physics have been booming for some time and they have not capitalized on that. I would love to see a pavilion that explored black holes, nebulae, and particle accelerators. Those are all fascinating topics that have a lot of attraction potential.

I thought about this recently when I saw an IMAX film at the Smithsonian on black holes. It was just an ordinary film but with some disney special effects and plussing you could have something really interesting

Figment632

I agree with you i I belive (but could be wrong) that the original plans called for a whole space related pavillion but probaly do to budget cuts all we got was mission space. As far as the ride goes i agree I dont reall like it.

MousDad

I like Mission Space but they could have done much more. Astronomy and physics have been booming for some time and they have not capitalized on that. I would love to see a pavilion that explored black holes, nebulae, and particle accelerators. Those are all fascinating topics that have a lot of attraction potential.

I thought about this recently when I saw an IMAX film at the Smithsonian on black holes. It was just an ordinary film but with some disney special effects and plussing you could have something really interesting

"So congratulations everyone, you have captured the antimatter and isolated it in a safe container. Thanks for your help in keeping our planet together as we know it."

"What's that? - You want to see what it looks like? No, no, I'm sorry you simply can't -"

"Wait, WAIT! Don't shake the antimatter!!!"

"Buckle up everyone, HERE WE GO................."

GothMickey

"So congratulations everyone, you have captured the antimatter and isolated it in a safe container. Thanks for your help in keeping our planet together as we know it."

"What's that? - You want to see what it looks like? No, no, I'm sorry you simply can't -"

I can just picutre Stitch shaking the antimatter.

GothMickey

A lot of potential in deed.

SirNim

Antimatter?

For goodness sakes, they could just retheme Mission: SPACE to Mission: LARGE HADRON COLLIDER.

Go for a centrifugal whirl around the world's largest atom smasher!

EPCOT Explorer

Are there any plans on the table for Universe of Energy? UoE was one of my favorites until Ellen took over. Even then it wasn't bad, but, you can see just how stale the attraction has gotten. I still visit the pavilion, but, it isn't what it used to be, no where close. I just hope that what ever they do with it, they return it to its former glory.
It's being refurbed as we speak! :lol:
Antimatter?

For goodness sakes, they could just retheme Mission: SPACE to Mission: LARGE HADRON COLLIDER.

Go for a centrifugal whirl around the world's largest atom smasher!

Oh, of miracles and molecules...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom