Actual quote from Guest...

While walking behind Cinderella Castle I overheard a father tell his 3 year old son while pointing to the castle, "That's where Walt Disney's body is frozen."

accord99cutie

Premium Member
This was said in Disney, but wasnt a disney related saying any way, it was hilarious to me at the time, and I have to share...I was waiting at one of the bus stops at my resort and there was a family with 2 young kids, about 4 and 6, and they wanted a drink from the soda machine and the dad kept saying he had no money, and asked the kids where they thought money came from. The little girl, very sure of her answer said very strongly with a straight face, "The gas station!".

sweetpee_1993

last but not least (by far my favorite):
while setting up for the 3 o'clock parade and talking to guests:

woman: looking towards the clouds in the distance "excuse me."
me: "yes?"
woman: "do you know when it's going to rain?"
me: "excuse me?"
woman: "yes, what time is it going to rain?"
me: "um...I'm not sure"
woman: "why not?"
me: "I don't control the weather..."
woman: "oh..." as she walks off...

You would be surprised at how many people call 911 to ask when the rain will stop as well. I have actually answered that question by telling the caller to hold on while I turned the weather channel on...or hold on while I consult my crystal ball. LOL!

joanna71985

I can't believe how many people I talk to that think MK is "Disney World." :hammer:

Even my 4 year old knows that when we're at our resort, we're still at Disney World!!

I can imagine how much that must annoy you CM's.....

Eh, it's not too bad. It does get kinda old after awhile.

This wasn't overheard but was actually said to me when I was working a CP shift at MK. I was walking from the Castle hub towards the Tea Cups (right at the base of the Castle) and was stopped by a couple and asked "Excuse me, but where is Cinderella's Castle?".

*snicker* :hammer:

I did manage to keep my "good CM" composure, and Disney-two-finger pointed to it right next to us and said "That's it right there." To which they replied, "Oh. We weren't sure if that was the right one."
:shrug::veryconfu Not sure how many castles they thought we had.....:lol:

while working as a CP at Jungle Cruise last Fall 06, here's a couple of things I heard:

family asking me a question: "Is this the PoC?"
me: while turning around to look at the JC sign ..."um...no. up the steps and to the left"

and while working one of the halloween parties ...
as it starts to sprinkle outside...(mind you it was dark...but sitll)

woman: raises her hand and asks: "What's this?"
me: "I do believe it's rain..." :brick:

last but not least (by far my favorite):
while setting up for the 3 o'clock parade and talking to guests:

woman: looking towards the clouds in the distance "excuse me."
me: "yes?"
woman: "do you know when it's going to rain?"
me: "excuse me?"
woman: "yes, what time is it going to rain?"
me: "um...I'm not sure"
woman: "why not?"
me: "I don't control the weather..."
woman: "oh..." as she walks off...

The funniest ones I ever heard was:

On PoC:
"How do they get that captain off the ship for his break with all these boats going by?"

Mother screaming in middle of street at MGM:
"This is supposed to be the happiest place on earth!!! I'm not $@%&ing happy!

Son to mother:
"Can I buy an erection(erector) set here?"

At Marketplace:
"Can you tell me where the dollar store is?"

It's amazing what you overhear!!!

Oh man, these are great!

joanna71985

Working with the characters, I hear a lot of crazy things. The characters can get called every name in the book. Here are a few of my favorites:
*Mr. Smee- Poor Mr. Smee. No one knows who he is. In one day I heard people call him Santa, Doc, Gepetto, and (this is the truth) Smiley the 8th dwarf. I am dead serious. Also, the Gepetto incident was the best. I had a lady come up to him, ask him why he was over here, and went on and on about if he could make her a house, ect. It finally hit me that she thought he was Gepetto. I had to tell her that Gepetto was down on Main Street.

*I had Gov. Ratcliffe get called Captain Hook.

*Friar Tuck- again, no one knows who he is.

*Horace- For some reason people think that he's Goofy.

*Goofy and Pluto get mixed up a lot

EpcotServo

OK, My favorite, bar none...

Field Trip walking through World Showcase, going past China...

12 year old kid: "Is that Japan?"

Adult: "No, that's China."

12 Year old kid: "What's the difference?"

:hammer:
:brick:

KingStefan

This wasn't overheard but was actually said to me when I was working a CP shift at MK. I was walking from the Castle hub towards the Tea Cups (right at the base of the Castle) and was stopped by a couple and asked "Excuse me, but where is Cinderella's Castle?".

*snicker* :hammer:

I did manage to keep my "good CM" composure, and Disney-two-finger pointed to it right next to us and said "That's it right there." To which they replied, "Oh. We weren't sure if that was the right one."
:shrug::veryconfu Not sure how many castles they thought we had.....:lol:

Last time I was at the world, I made it a point (pun intended) to Disney-two-finger point whenever I had to indicate something to a CM, even though I was clearly a guest (and I've never been a CM). It was interesting to see the CMs' reactions! Some just smiled knowingly and I did the same back, but some didn't know what to make of it exactly! Nobody ever asked me if I was a CM or ever had been, or why I was using that point, though, which surprised me a bit!

WIX

We were at BB once completely soaked and sitting on a bench when a southern couple came walking by and the guy says:

"Hey look, ther'all wet . . ."

They barely passed us before we burst into laughter . . . imagine that being wet at a water park :ROFLOL:

I still laugh at that one.

EPCOT.nut

We were at BB once completely soaked and sitting on a bench when a southern couple came walking by and the guy says:

"Hey look, ther'all wet . . ."

They barely passed us before we burst into laughter . . . imagine that being wet at a water park :ROFLOL:

I still laugh at that one.

That's just part of being Southern. We're not stupid. It's just that stating the obvious confuses the rest of y'all. :lol:

MagliteL13

While standing at Greeter at Jungle Cruise, I had a guest try to convince me that the Jungle Cruise was a high speed roller coaster through a pirate infested, burning city, and that the place where you got off at was covered in 'delectable' singing birds.

How's that for a slow moving boat ride with no annoying song!
I really wanna go on this new and improved Jungle Cruise.

Working with the characters, I hear a lot of crazy things. The characters can get called every name in the book. Here are a few of my favorites:
*Mr. Smee- Poor Mr. Smee. No one knows who he is. In one day I heard people call him Santa, Doc, Gepetto, and (this is the truth) Smiley the 8th dwarf. I am dead serious. Also, the Gepetto incident was the best. I had a lady come up to him, ask him why he was over here, and went on and on about if he could make her a house, ect. It finally hit me that she thought he was Gepetto. I had to tell her that Gepetto was down on Main Street.

*I had Gov. Ratcliffe get called Captain Hook.

*Friar Tuck- again, no one knows who he is.

*Horace- For some reason people think that he's Goofy.

*Goofy and Pluto get mixed up a lot

Poor Mr. Smee. We still love him, right?

happymom52003

Poor Mr. Smee. We still love him, right?

My son sure does.:) Before his first WDW trip when he was four, I asked him which character he was most excited about meeting....he said "Mr. Smee", and I was like:confused:! It took me a minute to realize who he was talking about! Not only did my son get to meet Mr. Smee, but he and Captain Hook rode the POTC with us on the very last night of our vacation. Pure magic! So Mr. Smee holds a special place in my heart.

Eyorefan

This was said in Disney, but wasnt a disney related saying any way, it was hilarious to me at the time, and I have to share...I was waiting at one of the bus stops at my resort and there was a family with 2 young kids, about 4 and 6, and they wanted a drink from the soda machine and the dad kept saying he had no money, and asked the kids where they thought money came from. The little girl, very sure of her answer said very strongly with a straight face, "The gas station!".

When my DD was 4 or 5 I remeber her asking if we could go to Disney everyday. I told her we didn't have enough money to do that. She said, "Just go to the machine and tell it how much you want." :D I wish!

Mr Bill

While standing at Greeter at Jungle Cruise, I had a guest try to convince me that the Jungle Cruise was a high speed roller coaster through a pirate infested, burning city, and that the place where you got off at was covered in 'delectable' singing birds.

How's that for a slow moving boat ride with no annoying song!
I really wanna go on this new and improved Jungle Cruise.
Sounds more like something I'd expect a CM to tell a guest :lol:

kcw

I saw this one in epcot- a mom had just bought her daughter one of those backpacks with the leashes attached and was trying to get the girl to put it on- she was crying and complaining of course so the mom says "honey, I'm sorry but it's Disney World's rules- every kid has to wear one!" hahaha nothing like making disney the bad guy

this one happened to my roommate who worked at County Bounty in TT-

Guest: where are the fireworks at
Her: well, they're in the sky, you can see them above Cinderella castle
Guest: you mean they don't shoot them off in here?

keep in mind county bounty is in a tent....:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom