Actual quote from Guest...

imamouse

I overheard a mother saying over and over, "Yes it is!" - getting louder and more insistent every time, so I listened to what she was defending. The teenage boys she was with were saying that Vermont is a city in Virginia, and the mom was trying to convince them that Vermont is a state. Oy!

joanna71985

While standing at Greeter at Jungle Cruise, I had a guest try to convince me that the Jungle Cruise was a high speed roller coaster through a pirate infested, burning city, and that the place where you got off at was covered in 'delectable' singing birds.

How's that for a slow moving boat ride with no annoying song!
I really wanna go on this new and improved Jungle Cruise.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Oh man, that is too funny.

Poor Mr. Smee. We still love him, right?

Of course!

" I hope this don't crush my gonads!!!" is what my father shouted after mistakenly putting on the child strap on Soarin'.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

this one happened to my roommate who worked at County Bounty in TT-

Guest: where are the fireworks at
Her: well, they're in the sky, you can see them above Cinderella castle
Guest: you mean they don't shoot them off in here?

keep in mind county bounty is in a tent....:brick:

Oh yeah, I can just see Wishes going off in County Bounty.

VoiceGuy07

Hope this translates but it happened during the EPCOT Food & Wine Festival with great food kiosks everywhere around World Showcase. I was just strolling around, think I was near China and overheard an adult couple say...

"Wow look! Hot Dogs and Chips!" They were so excited.

I couldn't stop laughing.

diddy_mouse

"See those bricks? My dad's gonna get his name on one of them since he works for Disney. All the Disney employees have their names on those bricks." overheard as we were leaving the monorail station heading to the MK.

"How hard is it to fit through a hole?!?" said by a very angry girl trying to get through a small crowd heading into the MK

This wasn't really a quote but more like an observation...two adult couples got on the monorail at the TTC, heading to Epcot. Both sets were a little inebriated. The two women each a plastic cup of wine (from where, I don't know...) They boarded the monorail and just as they sat down, the CM came to the door and told them that the next time they would have to finish their beverages before getting on. The couples smiled and chuckled a little. The doors closed and I heard one say: "Oh he had no idea what we were drinking." Umm...the whole monorail station had an idea of what you were drinking! :D

Oh! I did have a funny CM quote made at my expense! We were at the loading station for BTMR and the CM looked over at DH and I and said: "Hey, keep an eye on her. You know what we do with redheads around here."

kelleygreg

Overheard Dec. 22, 2007 on the bus after leaving the Magic Kingdom.

Kid - When are we coming back?
Mom - Christmas day. Were going to see the Christmas Parade with Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers.

echoreyn

Hilarious thread, everyone!
I feel so sorry for the CMs... having to deal with people like the members of my family on a regular basis. :lookaroun
See, last time we went to WDW, we drove around to various Deluxe resorts so that we could get a look at them (we were staying at the Pop). So my mother drives up to one sign that has the words Guest Parking => and proceeds to ask the nearest CM where guest parking is while all of the other members of our family were yelling at her to read the sign. Then, after the CM tells her politely where the guest parking was (how do they have the patience?), she turns and begins to drive the completely wrong way into some utility truck lane or something. :ROFLOL: I would worry about her sanity, but she does things like this so often that we are all pretty much used to it.

Later that day, she insisted on driving in the lane where you show the CM your room card rather than scanning it to get into Pop Century just to hear him say, "Have a Magical Day!" I guess I kind of understand this one though. After all, who doesn't want a magical day? :animwink:

goofyfan13

On our recent trip a KS CM made us laugh while on the Safari. Some guy from one of our favorite tour groups (Brazilian) decided to stand up as we passed the Lions, and since the male was sleeping he yelled, "HEY!!" to get it's attention.

The CM in turn looked at him and went in an extremely sarcastice voice, "Oh, thats smart..." :lol:

GoofyMom2

OK, this is one a CM actually said to us....

DH and I were on our anniversary trip and just got Dole Whip Floats and decided to get a picture of us in front of the castle "toasting" with our floats. The Photopass CM told us it looked like we were having a good time, especially with our cocktails. We then told her what they were and reminded her that MK didn't serve alcohol. She was a little flustered but then we got to tell her all about the wonderful goodness that is Dole Whip. :)

Here's one my DS age 8 did in DL in October:

They have an interactive phone booth with Stitch in their Innoventions. When Stitch asked my DS who was with him, he said this is my brother, Andrew, and this is some girl (pointing to me)! Boy, did he get razzed for that (from Stitch and me!!)..... we still joke about it :ROFLOL:

OK, not overheard but funny situation:

DH on anniversary trip in COP. After it started, a family got up and left. That of course triggered something so it didn't rotate around at end of scene so we had to sit through it again. During the next scene, another family got up and the entire audience yelled at them so they quickly sat back down. Then a voice came over the PA system to remind guests to remain seated and to not exit the theater. We thought we would never get off!

sandicinderelli

On our recent trip a KS CM made us laugh while on the Safari. Some guy from one of our favorite tour groups (Brazilian) decided to stand up as we passed the Lions, and since the male was sleeping he yelled, "HEY!!" to get it's attention.

The CM in turn looked at him and went in an extremely sarcastice voice, "Oh, thats smart..." :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SonicRuin

Another day in Epcot my Dad and I overheard a couple at Soarin talking about the Fastpass. Here was the gist of the conversation.

Husband: Honey there are those Fastpasses.

Wife: No dear I think you have to pay for those. I think you have to get that when you're purchasing your ticket.

My Dad and I had another good laugh and whenever we saw the Fastpass distribution areas the rest of the trip we would have to stop and say: "Wait, I think you have to pay for those."

If I am not mistaken though, some parks out there have similar things that you do have to pay extra for. I think Six Flags Great America has them, but you need to buy them.

goofyfan13

If I am not mistaken though, some parks out there have similar things that you do have to pay extra for. I think Six Flags Great America has them, but you need to buy them.

I'm pretty sure all of the Six Flags parks charge for their "Fast Pass" system. Which is a waste because their parks are so terrible they are empty all the time anyway.

PuertoRekinSam

During one of our wonderful summer rain storms, a guest came up to me and asked me if I could pin trade with them.

I looked at the sky, and then at them with the most sincere deadpan voice I could, explained that due to the electrical activity in the air, the trading of metal pins is not advised at this time. She looked at me, thanked me and told me that maded sense!
As she walked away, i told her I was joking... but she would have just left.

At the tip board at the studios I observed a guest pondering the "NO FPs TODAY" sign. After a about 30 seconds his face lit up, he snapped his fingers and said "OH, NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" and he went on his merry way.... what do you say to that?

cococola44

Plenty

Oh I got plenty

When I was:

Pluto I was called Goofy and Clifford.

Rafiki I was called Baboo... and Mr Monkey King

As Friar Tuck (here we go) -"Hey look it is Jedi-Munk!" And "Jedi Hedge Hog" -? "don't know who he is mom...he is some disney character in a potato sack"

Prince John (My personal favorite)
King Arthor
King Richard (right movie...wrong character)
King Leo *what?*
King Lionel?- AND THIS WAS BY A SECURITY GUARD!
Simba! Oh yes...because he just had a crown over his head and wore a robe! :rolleyes:
The Lion King - In the right general area but noooooo
Mufasa- Oh Dear me...
"ITS SCAR"! - yea...both in the wild cat family and are both jerks...close but no ciggar
"Here Kitty Kitty!"-Noooo stupid stupid!

Buzz Lightyear
Woody- yup...the tall lanky one.

Miss Piggy
Most people knew who I was except for one dude with a heavy southern accent...
"Hello Petunia!" -ALLL the sudden I became her even more. "You just compared me to a WARNER BROTHER's CARTOON! WHHHHHAAAAAAT!? HHIIIIIIYY YAAAAAAAA!

Kenai
*my once and a while AK set/Canada set*

One of the 3 big bears
Baloo
Sir John
Brer Bear
Bear in the Big Blue House
Koda

(My ultimate favorite character to play)
EEYORE

"donkey boy"
"Good dog" -WHAAAT?
"Yea the one that looses a tail!"

I have many more but one of the best quotes I had when I was in Eeyore was when I played him during Gay Pride. I had Pooh next too me and a bunch of red shirted people came up to us and surrounded pooh...this one lady said..

"I knew it poohbear. It is piglet isn't it! You two will have a great life togther! Thank you for wearing the red shirt!"

DougK

A few years ago when the wand was still up (seems like it's been gone awhile now - good riddance!) I saw a mother taking a picture of her kids across the lagoon in World Showcase facing back towards Future World with SSE in the background. She was giving them directions to move over a bit. I heard her saying to her kids "I want to get you two in the same picture as the Epcot"!!:ROFLOL:

I guess she thought that was the name of SSE since that was the sign on top of it.

My wife and I just laughed and still mention it to this day.

MKCP 1985

My first visit to WDW was in 1972 and by my username, you can see I am a former cast member, so over the years I've been the innocent, the know it all, and the idiot. Having kids will do that to a person, as will 10 hour days in the Florida summer sun. :lol: I'll also admit I didn't read this whole thread, so some of this may have been said already . . . but here goes:

I overheard a woman say this to their daughter walking through Epcot:

"Keep drinking that water...until....you stop drinking it!"
Yeah, well sometimes we parents start out with a thought and then change our minds about what we want to say before we get to the end. What comes out at the end sounds idiotic, but that is just a demonstration of the child-rearing induced brain damage parents experience.

And What time is the 3:00 parade :p

I have also gotten the "when's the 3:00 parade" question. Up until then I didn't really believe that people really did ask that question. :ROFLOL:
It is easy to laugh at that question and I admit I did, too. But the question is not as dumb as it seems. When you've been to the Magic Kingdom enough times, you will see the parade begin on Main Street and end at Frontierland, while other times it is just the opposite. So, often times what the person wants to know is - "what time will the 3:00 parade get to this area?" It can take a good 20-30 minutes for the 3:00 parade to come by Pecos Bill's if it starts on Main Street, and with fast pass times and ADR's, that extra time can be important in deciding whether to camp out and wait for it or to move along to the queue for Pirates or Splash. :shrug:

I can't believe how many people I talk to that think MK is "Disney World." :hammer:
Yeah, but Baby Boomers and older people come from a time when there was "Disneyland" and it had a castle and came on TV every Sunday night. It is a matter of convenience to them to link the WDW Magic Kingdom to the name "Disney World." :wave:

In World Showcase one day, a guest asked a co-worker of mine, "Hey buddy, where can I find the Chinese restaurant at?" My friend replied, "............uuuuh China?"
:lol: Cut the guy a break - he could very well have been trying to find out where among the countries China is located, as in "do I take a left or a right from here?" Or he could have been looking for some CM insight as to where to find the restaurant when he gets to China . . .

A lot of questions that seem dumb as dirt actually have some merit to them when you peel back the surface and dig to find what they mean.

Still, I'm not saying we guests don't say some dumb things or ask some dumb questions. . . :lol:

One of my personal favorites to laugh about, even though it may be a question worthy of some debate, came from a group in front of me one trip, waiting for Space Mountain: "Is Goofy a dog or a horse?" :cool:

DisneyAnole

A few years ago when the wand was still up (seems like it's been gone awhile now - good riddance!) I saw a mother taking a picture of her kids across the lagoon in World Showcase facing back towards Future World with SSE in the background. She was giving them directions to move over a bit. I heard her saying to her kids "I want to get you two in the same picture as the Epcot"!!:ROFLOL:

I guess she thought that was the name of SSE since that was the sign on top of it.

My wife and I just laughed and still mention it to this day.

Or maybe she meant she wanted to get the two kids in the picture with the word "Epcot."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom