Actual quote from Guest...

mousefan1972

Yeah, but Baby Boomers and older people come from a time when there was "Disneyland" and it had a castle and came on TV every Sunday night. It is a matter of convenience to them to link the WDW Magic Kingdom to the name "Disney World." :wave:

I'm going to claify what I said since a couple people have quoted me: I was talking to a coworker (my age, mid-30's) about POR. He had stayed there last spring and we were thinking of staying there for Christmas. He said he liked the resort overall, but next time, he would rather stay somewhere "Closer to Disney".... Meaning MK, of course. :zipit:

So that is the example I was thinking of when I initially said, "I can't believe how many people think the Magic Kingdom is Disney World".....

mnfootballmommy

Oh I got plenty

When I was:

Pluto I was called Goofy and Clifford.

Yeah--my DH called Pluto "Goofy" while we were at Chef Mickey's in Dec. :confused: I quickly corrected him by saying, "He may be silly, but he's no Goofy!" (DH kinda embarasses me when he does that stuff! :lookaroun)

He also said something about Donald while we were at the same meal that got him a punch in the back (Donald heard him)! (It was really rude, so I won't repeat that here...):eek: Let's just say, DH deserved it!

joanna71985

Oh I got plenty

When I was:

Pluto I was called Goofy and Clifford.

Rafiki I was called Baboo... and Mr Monkey King

As Friar Tuck (here we go) -"Hey look it is Jedi-Munk!" And "Jedi Hedge Hog" -? "don't know who he is mom...he is some disney character in a potato sack"

Prince John (My personal favorite)
King Arthor
King Richard (right movie...wrong character)
King Leo *what?*
King Lionel?- AND THIS WAS BY A SECURITY GUARD!
Simba! Oh yes...because he just had a crown over his head and wore a robe! :rolleyes:
The Lion King - In the right general area but noooooo
Mufasa- Oh Dear me...
"ITS SCAR"! - yea...both in the wild cat family and are both jerks...close but no ciggar
"Here Kitty Kitty!"-Noooo stupid stupid!

Buzz Lightyear
Woody- yup...the tall lanky one.

Miss Piggy
Most people knew who I was except for one dude with a heavy southern accent...
"Hello Petunia!" -ALLL the sudden I became her even more. "You just compared me to a WARNER BROTHER's CARTOON! WHHHHHAAAAAAT!? HHIIIIIIYY YAAAAAAAA!

Kenai
*my once and a while AK set/Canada set*

One of the 3 big bears
Baloo
Sir John
Brer Bear
Bear in the Big Blue House
Koda

(My ultimate favorite character to play)
EEYORE

"donkey boy"
"Good dog" -WHAAAT?
"Yea the one that looses a tail!"

I have many more but one of the best quotes I had when I was in Eeyore was when I played him during Gay Pride. I had Pooh next too me and a bunch of red shirted people came up to us and surrounded pooh...this one lady said..

"I knew it poohbear. It is piglet isn't it! You two will have a great life togther! Thank you for wearing the red shirt!"

Those are great!:lol:

During one of our wonderful summer rain storms, a guest came up to me and asked me if I could pin trade with them.

I looked at the sky, and then at them with the most sincere deadpan voice I could, explained that due to the electrical activity in the air, the trading of metal pins is not advised at this time. She looked at me, thanked me and told me that maded sense!
As she walked away, i told her I was joking... but she would have just left.

At the tip board at the studios I observed a guest pondering the "NO FPs TODAY" sign. After a about 30 seconds his face lit up, he snapped his fingers and said "OH, NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" and he went on his merry way.... what do you say to that?

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

On our recent trip a KS CM made us laugh while on the Safari. Some guy from one of our favorite tour groups (Brazilian) decided to stand up as we passed the Lions, and since the male was sleeping he yelled, "HEY!!" to get it's attention.

The CM in turn looked at him and went in an extremely sarcastice voice, "Oh, thats smart..." :lol:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Oh man, I love these.

dandaman

"Here Kitty Kitty!"-Noooo stupid stupid!

Ha... I don't know why I found that particular one funny, it just was. :lol:

I have kind of a CM appreciation story to go along with this subject: I was at the Liberty Inn (World Showcase) on a particularly busy Saturday lunch. This one guy in his 30's was extremely mad at one of the cashiers because, and I quote, "My kid's been waiting for 3 minutes for his chicken fingers and I'll be damned if I'll wait a second longer!" So after a few choice words he stormed out of there with his kid, who pretty much had the look on his face that says, "I didn't mind waiting..." :(

Anyway, after he left, I was next in line with the CM in question, who looked like she'd been through a war, bless her heart. So we just kinda both shrugged at each other and started laughing like, "Can you believe some people?" So we ended up talking for 5 minutes (and I got my burger in 4, for the record :lol: )... gosh, was she nice.

So from that point on, every time I was at EPCOT (4 times in the vacation all told) for lunch, I went straight to the CM (Bonnie), and by the third day she knew exactly what to order before I said anything. :lol:

...So, yeah, not to hijack the thread topic or anything, but thanks, Bonnie. :D

Cynderella

A couple years ago we had a big family trip and my cousins and I were in line at toontown for one of the rooms and inside was a surprise guest, Wendy.
I was so excited as I had never met her before and my cousin goes "oh look it's Belle!" :brick: :lol: I still tease her about that when we pull out the old pictures!

Ashitaka

Overheard on the bus going to MK:

A grandfather's looking through the materials the resort must have just given his family upon checking in.

"Oh look. Disney-MGM. That must be just like the MGM-Grand in Las Vegas."

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

ah, No.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Overheard on the bus going to MK:

A grandfather's looking through the materials the resort must have just given his family upon checking in.

"Oh look. Disney-MGM. That must be just like the MGM-Grand in Las Vegas."

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

ah, No.
He could "check in" at the hotel though... :drevil:

Yanks07

Coming back on the boatride from fort wilderness passing the Contemporary Resort, teen son asks dad, "Dad, is that the airport" We laughed.

Mouseketeer09

Some good ones that we have heard were:
-What time is the 3 o'clock parade?
-We were standing next to Germany in WS getting pretzels and we heard a guest walk in front of us and say "Is this Russia?"
-Why do they call it fastpass when you still have to wait in line?
-I was standing in the single rider line on EE and a mother and her daughter were at the front of the line. When the CM walks over and says I need a single rider the mother said, "Oh I wanted to ride with my daughter. We don't want to get separated.":brick:

joanna71985

-I was standing in the single rider line on EE and a mother and her daughter were at the front of the line. When the CM walks over and says I need a single rider the mother said, "Oh I wanted to ride with my daughter. We don't want to get separated.":brick:

Oh yeah. I hear this one all the time. Happens at TT as well.

hpyhnt 1000

^^^:ROFLOL:

Its not a really funny thing, but its something I always hear in line at SSE and find amusing. There are always kids who will ask their parents "Is this a roller coaster?" or "Does this ride go fast?" I always wonder if they are bitterly disappointed when they board and realize the top speed for the attraction is slower than the average walking pace. Sometimes I step in to tell them it is a SLOW MOVING trip through time.:eek:

cococola44

Ha... I don't know why I found that particular one funny, it just was. :lol:

I have kind of a CM appreciation story to go along with this subject: I was at the Liberty Inn (World Showcase) on a particularly busy Saturday lunch. This one guy in his 30's was extremely mad at one of the cashiers because, and I quote, "My kid's been waiting for 3 minutes for his chicken fingers and I'll be damned if I'll wait a second longer!" So after a few choice words he stormed out of there with his kid, who pretty much had the look on his face that says, "I didn't mind waiting..." :(

Anyway, after he left, I was next in line with the CM in question, who looked like she'd been through a war, bless her heart. So we just kinda both shrugged at each other and started laughing like, "Can you believe some people?" So we ended up talking for 5 minutes (and I got my burger in 4, for the record :lol: )... gosh, was she nice.

So from that point on, every time I was at EPCOT (4 times in the vacation all told) for lunch, I went straight to the CM (Bonnie), and by the third day she knew exactly what to order before I said anything. :lol:

...So, yeah, not to hijack the thread topic or anything, but thanks, Bonnie. :D

Lol i actually became a very sarcastic and hard a___ of prince john.

He is not totally well known. So I made myself known.

When I did sets. I normally got yelled at by the greeters. "speed up pj"

I used to make EVERYONE bow down to me when approaching me. If they didn't then I didn't sign. It is that simple. People got a kick out of it. That is the whole purpose.

maggiegrace1

So...I still call The Magic Kingdom Disney World...

I can not help it I just do..and I know it is The Magic Kingdom and I know the Whole Place is Disney World but I have been doing it since I was little..Thanks Mom and Dad..;)..and I still do.

Oh and I call it Mgm

:)

Sorry Kristin..lol

joanna71985

Lol i actually became a very sarcastic and hard a___ of prince john.

He is not totally well known. So I made myself known.

When I did sets. I normally got yelled at by the greeters. "speed up pj"

I used to make EVERYONE bow down to me when approaching me. If they didn't then I didn't sign. It is that simple. People got a kick out of it. That is the whole purpose.

Oh that's funny! Back in 2006 when Gov. Ratcliffe was in Liberty Square, he was the same way. Those were good times.

PSSSHHH BOOOOOOOO

Where in NJ are you from? I'm in NJ too.

So...I still call The Magic Kingdom Disney World...

I can not help it I just do..and I know it is The Magic Kingdom and I know the Whole Place is Disney World but I have been doing it since I was little..Thanks Mom and Dad..;)..and I still do.

Oh and I call it Mgm

:)

Sorry Kristin..lol

That's ok Dana. I'm the same way. I probably will always call it MGM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom